Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 05:05 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Gays have the same rights as any other citizen of the U.S.
Actually they dont.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 05:54 PM

448 posts, read 534,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
who's pushing who's beliefs?
Anti-Gays/Christians pushing their beliefs or thoughts onto people who don't see things as they do.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Marriage is between a Man and a Woman. That is the only creation combination.

Gay sex is a union of sorts, but it produces no offspring.

A major part of Marriage is purposed to have more people.

Gay Unions are fine, calling it marriage is stupid.

Your opinion is your opinion, but personally I find it sick and ignorant.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:15 PM

Alot of people are saying "oh gays have the same rights", "they're just as equal as straight people". Well let me ask you this... When was the last time you heard someone say "Oh dude that was totally straight."....NEVER... you'll hear kids say "Oh dude that was totally gay" This is also the type of ignorance that gays face...

You wouldn't call our president (or an African American for that matter) the N word. So how is calling a homosexual person a "***" "fagot" or "fairy" any different. Everyone deserves respect.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of people are accepting of gays. (As shown by a majority of the thread posts.) But there still is so much ignorance towards this topic, disregarding marriage.

For the people with the opinion that marriage is only between a Man and a Woman...Wake the hell up, it's not...we're in the 21th century and the revolution is here and now.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:33 PM

159 posts, read 144,460 times
What if I want more than one wife?

What if I want to marry my grandmother?

What if i want to marry some livestock i might have?

What if i want to marry..........

Where exactly should the definition of marriage end?

Old 06-20-2010, 06:40 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
why do people have to resort to slippery slope fallacies to try and support their anti-gay beliefs?

Old 06-20-2010, 06:57 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,921 times
I hadn't visited this forum in ages until this evening. It brought me back to a simpler time in my life, filled with simple, homophobic people with a lot of time on their hands. Things have changed and I work full-time now, but I can remember the days of slinging insults with some of the same posters who are still clamoring on about so-called "perversions." Ah, nostalgia. Of course the vehement homophobes will eventually die out...too bad we might well have overpopulated the world and starved ourselves by then, leaving little or no wildlife and oceans full of BP oil, I guess. Oh well.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:02 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Marriage is between a Man and a Woman. That is the only creation combination.

Gay sex is a union of sorts, but it produces no offspring.

A major part of Marriage is purposed to have more people.

Gay Unions are fine, calling it marriage is stupid.

There is a redefining of language to the point that our culture is communicably confused.

When we have to discern what the definition of "is" is. We gone completely off the mark and headed toward hedonism.

The youth will continue to be angered, and murder, death, unhapiness, laziness, self destruction and all other forms of negativism will increase.

Have a gay ole' time. yabba dabba dooooooo!
If a marriage is to have more children, I should have never been allowed to marry.

I had a hysterectomy at a very young age due to cancer.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:30 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,127,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelution View Post
Alright this was probably a thread already but...

I recently saw on the news anti-gay rights protesters. This, to be blunt, pisses me off. I personally think that gays have every right to be married. It's unfair how so many people who are against this try to press their own beliefs onto others.
And how about those who oppose polyamory or polygamy? Are they trying to "press" their beliefs onto others? How about child marriage (still very common in much of the world)? Yes. And they should be.

Quote:
Obviously religion plays a big part in this and how Christianity says that homosexuality is a "sin". This in my mind just shows how people are either extremely insecure or want to try to dictate their religion onto others.
Obviously it does, but the real issue is morality, not religion. Islam and (traditional) Judaism also are opposed to same-sex marriage, as well as many sects of Hinduism and Buddhism.

Quote:
If you don't believe in gay rights, heck that's fine, but when you don't believe in it to the point of complaining about it, protesting it, and trying to put an end to gay rights in general, that's when there's a problem.

This is all comming from a straight, 18 year-old college student with no gay friends or family. I just feel that they have all the same rights as heterosexual people do. I couldn't care less about the idiotic sayings of the bible and the views of the ignorant and moronic religious community!
Thanks for insulting my Scriptures. Really, you fit your description better than the "ignorant and moronic religious community" that you criticize without any solid grounding or reasoning. Accusing others of "insecurity" or "wanting to dictate their religion onto others" without providing a rational basis for such claims does not an argument make.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:38 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
As a believer in evolution, homosexuality will never be normal, no matter what the hippie kumbaya huggles liberals tell us. It's against nature, according to Darwinian principles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies