Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 11:12 AM

117 posts, read 218,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
Way to go Big Eddie! It's nice to know that at least one public voice is in our corner.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 11:14 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,066,236 times
Ed Schultz strikes me as a good-hearted guy who wants to campaign for the well-being of the little people. His downfall is that he doesn't come off as being particularly bright or intellectual. Could he debate economic theory if he had to? My only real beef with Ed Schultz is that he doesn't see to oppose mass immigration; he doesn't realize that mass immigration hurts Americans in various ways.

Regarding Congress's failure to extend the unemployment benefits, I am wondering if the Republicans are purposely trying to send a warning message to everyone who is unemployed:

"The free ride is over. Get off your lazy butts and go find a job. Unemployment might pay more than poverty-wage jobs but we're ending it so it prepare to join the poverty-wage class. The unemployment benefits won't last forever."

It's too bad that the jobs people need don't exist. I wonder if mass homelessness and mass widespread poverty will just become an uncontroversial, acceptable part of "the new normal".

Old 06-20-2010, 11:29 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Ed Shultz is an idiot shill that works for the controlled corporate press at MSNBC. The guy no credibility whatsoever.
Yes he is. The dim bulb needs to understand that Americans need jobs, not government handouts.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:39 PM

117 posts, read 218,506 times
Quote:
I don't see any contradiction between those two posts. I applaud him for standing up and advocating for the unemployed. I like Ed Schultz's show. However, I don't think he can serve as an intellectual leader. I don't think he has the ability to make compelling arguments that can influence and begin to change the views of people who disagree with him.
Well, He Is "Intellectual" Enough To Have His Own Show!!!!

& The Only One Speaking Up For Us At This Time!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 02:42 PM

870 posts, read 1,405,423 times
Quote:
I don't see any contradiction between those two posts. I applaud him for standing up and advocating for the unemployed. I like Ed Schultz's show. However, I don't think he can serve as an intellectual leader. I don't think he has the ability to make compelling arguments that can influence and begin to change the views of people who disagree with him.
Quote:
My only real beef with Ed Schultz is that he doesn't see to oppose mass immigration; he doesn't realize that mass immigration hurts Americans in various ways.

He's got AN AUDIENCE. He's got a wider radius of people viewing which can influence public support. The 'important' media getting involved is not about how COMPELLING you think a person is but how that message is being HEARD by a wider audience and ED Schultz does have a wider audience than some of the media that have commented so far. Let's not minimize the importance of the EXPOSURE that this would get just because your not liking his take on immigration policy. I PREFER his support than NOT. The public EXPOSURE is the key here. Let's be consistent. Your HEAVY ENDORSEMENT of Ed Schultz in your post on the other thread was positive and the one I responded to on this thread was negative. That's called 'flip flopping'.

//www.city-data.com/forum/14695233-post3.html

Last edited by South Jersey Man; 06-20-2010 at 03:32 PM..

Old 06-20-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmarabianz View Post
Well, He Is "Intellectual" Enough To Have His Own Show!!!!

& The Only One Speaking Up For Us At This Time!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 03:35 PM

285 posts, read 561,700 times
Quote:

You have to look at this another way. He may not be the "intellectual" you say. But one thing does stand clear. Since Ed Schultz got into this and started shaking the tree so to speak, Well, I'll say it this way, The past 2 nights CBS & NBC have had spots about the long term unemployed. Mr Schultz may not have all the clout needed to get something done. But he is screaming loud enough that he has started getting attention. Now, Two of the big news companies have jumped in. I feel like Mr Ed has helped more in the past few months than anyone else has simply because he is in a better position to scream louder. That's what we need.CBS or NBC neither one has had a word to say about the unemployed. Until after Ed started screaming about it. Ed screams louder than we can. He's getting attention. Intellectual or not, That's all that matters.

Last edited by LAID OFF & WORRIED N GA; 06-20-2010 at 03:44 PM..

Old 06-20-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAID OFF & WORRIED N GA View Post
You have to look at this another way. He may not be the "intellectual" you say. But one thing does stand clear. Since Ed Schultz got into this and started shaking the tree so to speak, Well, I'll say it this way, The past 2 nights CBS & NBC have had spots about the long term unemployed. Mr Schultz may not have all the clout needed to get something done. But he is screaming loud enough that he has started getting attention. Now, Two of the big news companies have jumped in. I feel like Mr Ed has helped more in the past few months than anyone else has simply because he is in a better position to scream louder. That's what we need.

Well supported examples and good reference points.

Old 06-20-2010, 03:50 PM

That's funny how all the sources (ex. blogs??) you are giving are ones that would like to be in the position and have the exposure Ed Schultz has and the success he's earned, regardless of whether you agree with him or not. There are no mainstream media sources that you've quoted and quite a number of these you have shown as links have republican slants. I think I'd rather have the support of Ed Schultz on the 99er matter than the sources you've just put up.

Last edited by South Jersey Man; 06-20-2010 at 04:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies