Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with extending the Family and Medical Leave Act to same-sex couples?
Yes 76 72.38%
No 24 22.86%
Not sure 5 4.76%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 12:02 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed Up! View Post
They were rolling their eyes at the idea of 2 guys or 2 women marrying each other 100 years ago as well. Hopefully I won't be around to see the first man dog marriage.
Oh, how droll.
I guess you don't understand anything about consenting adults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 12:03 PM

171 posts, read 212,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
No, I don't. It is yet another step forward towards putting same-sex relationships on an equal footing with heterosexual relationships. However, I would not be opposed to hospital visitation rights.

I agree with you!!

Old 06-22-2010, 12:03 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,609,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
To the OP, I'll support it when we non married straights who co-habitate, are afforded the same rights, because now I'M being discriminated again, would you not agree?
No you're not being discriminated against and no, it is not the same because YOU are allowed to marry the person you love and have those rights whereas gay people are denied marriage so don't even start.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:05 PM

178 posts, read 101,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Oh, how droll.
I guess you don't understand anything about consenting adults.
I understand plenty. What is your point? I am a consenting adult myself.So I assume you think it would be ok for a person to marry an animal? You didn't deny it.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:05 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,785,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
Conservatives are so stupid. By waging war against gays, they are elimating moderate gays who would support them on issues like immigation reform and the size of govt.
Repugs are only interested in supporting white male Christians over the age of 50 who are also corporations.

This list of people they hate grows and grows each passing day.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:07 PM

171 posts, read 212,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
I have four friends (two couples) that are gay and they love each other. If one of them were sick the other should be given the same opportunity to take off work to care for them under FMLA as a heterosexual couple.

FMLA covers married couples!! I can't take off of work for my boy friend and have it covered by FMLA, why should they. If we are talking equality!

Old 06-22-2010, 12:08 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,290,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcallis View Post
FMLA covers married couples!! I can't take off of work for my boy friend and have it covered by FMLA, why should they. If we are talking equality!
So without this latest FMLA development, how would gay couples, ever, if they were so inclined, enter a situation where they would be able to visit their partners in the hospital or take off work to care for them? Remember, in most of the country, gays cannot legally marry. Without this FMLA provision, there would be no way at all for them to do something that straight couples with a piece of paper and 10 minutes before a Justice of the Peace can do.

How is that equal?

Old 06-22-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
I understand plenty. What is your point? I am a consenting adult myself.So I assume you think it would be ok for a person to marry an animal? You didn't deny it.
This "logic" is the worst argument I ever hear against homosexuality, and the fact that people try to use the whole animal argument REPEATEDLY as a valid way of debating is laughable and shows the ineptness of some people's thinking. You fail miserably.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:10 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,785,344 times
Quote:
Because 1 abnormality leads to more. You are going against what nature intended homosexuality as I said in another thread is a mental disorder not something you are born with, personally I can not see how being with another person of the same sex is even desirable it's disgusting and revolting.
Kindly explain how homosexuality is an abnormality. It is well documented in most animals in the animal kingdom, and humans have practiced it for millenia.

It wasn't until some older white guys backm in the desert wrote a single sentence about it in the Bible.

I think ignorance is an abnomality. Why? because you are willfully underutilizing your brains natural ability.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcallis View Post
Cause you can marry your boyfriend if you so choose. That's why. Next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies