Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 11:43 AM

202 posts, read 187,441 times

Advertisements

Obama is a failure of epic proportions...and has surrounded himself with nothing more than liberal buffoons...just pick any dept head..DHS,EPA etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 02:31 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,569,249 times
GUSHING AND GUSHING.
Ughhhhhhh.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:05 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,854,552 times
Anyone care to respond to post #26 in this thread?

//www.city-data.com/forum/14755974-post26.html

Old 06-26-2010, 12:42 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,157,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I agree!! They were telling us that we were close to being tapped out before this mother load spewed!! How many barrells a day are they losing??? 100 million??? Oil is frikkin' close to limitless! It is a self renewing resource! Dead animals contribute to this stuff!! Don't evne get me started on Alaska!!!

Damn.

If nothing else, the ONLY good thing to come from this disaster is to show the American people how badly we have been DECEIVED:

If oil is so f*&%ing scarce, as they claim, WHY IS OUR GULF BEING DESTROYED BY OIL??????????????????????????????????????????

Old 06-26-2010, 02:41 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,292,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Damn.

If nothing else, the ONLY good thing to come from this disaster is to show the American people how badly we have been DECEIVED:

If oil is so f*&%ing scarce, as they claim, WHY IS OUR GULF BEING DESTROYED BY OIL??????????????????????????????????????????
You can tell how scarce a resource is when people need to drill miles below the sea to access it (and set off a spiral of catasrophes in the process). Just because there's a lot below the sea doesn't mean we should tap it. Look at what's happening.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:00 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,551,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
You can tell how scarce a resource is when people need to drill miles below the sea to access it (and set off a spiral of catasrophes in the process). Just because there's a lot below the sea doesn't mean we should tap it. Look at what's happening.

No! We didn't need to drill out there! They were made to drill out there by environmental radical laws that forebade shallow water drilling!!
Again......we haven't even tapped Alaska!! On Land!!!

The oil is there!! We are not running out!

Well......maybe we are now since it's spewing all over creation!

Old 06-26-2010, 09:05 AM

725 posts, read 2,323,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
we can thank clinton for forcing us to drill so far away from the coast in deeper water
It's so dumb to blame Clinton for this. Did he set the Rig on fire and cause Oil to gush out all over the Gulf???????? Gosh, why not blame Obama or Bush while you're at it!!!!!!!

Blaming Clinton for this disaster is about as crazy as blaming Bush for H. Katrina.

Put the blame where it belongs - on B.P. and the other gluttonous Oil Companies that allowed this to happen and can't get a handle on it!!!!!!

Old 06-26-2010, 09:13 AM

725 posts, read 2,323,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
No! We didn't need to drill out there! They were made to drill out there by environmental radical laws that forebade shallow water drilling!!
Again......we haven't even tapped Alaska!! On Land!!!

The oil is there!! We are not running out!

Well......maybe we are now since it's spewing all over creation!
The same kind of disaster could have just as easily happened on land.

Maybe instead of blaming environmentalists or sitting presidents we should do something about our over-dependance on Oil!!!!!!!!! How about more Hybrid cars or alternative Fuels? Why do people need to drive big cars with 8-cyl. Engines, or those gigantic pick-up Trucks that hog the roads?????

Again I say blame the Oil Companies responsible and make them pay for this mess.

If you want to blame anyone else put the blame on all of us. That's right - you, me and the rest of the greedy Americans over our high demand for big vehicles that waste energy, and the way we give in to these Big Oil Corporations!!!!!!!

Old 06-26-2010, 11:41 AM

15,099 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homlish560 View Post
The same kind of disaster could have just as easily happened on land.

Maybe instead of blaming environmentalists or sitting presidents we should do something about our over-dependance on Oil!!!!!!!!! How about more Hybrid cars or alternative Fuels? Why do people need to drive big cars with 8-cyl. Engines, or those gigantic pick-up Trucks that hog the roads?????

Again I say blame the Oil Companies responsible and make them pay for this mess.

If you want to blame anyone else put the blame on all of us. That's right - you, me and the rest of the greedy Americans over our high demand for big vehicles that waste energy, and the way we give in to these Big Oil Corporations!!!!!!!
Now you're talking like a true globalist/Global Warming Fraudsters ... blame those useless eaters and their ravenous desire for SUVs!

Look, this disaster is global environmental terrorism of unimaginable evil. There is no NEED for such deep offshore drilling ... just a desire to increase profits.

There is plenty of oil ... proven oil fields that have been drilled, capped and classified in Alaska ... enough oil and gas to make America energy independent for 200 years ... and if you believe for a moment that some tree hugging, sandal wearing hippy green freaks have stopped the production in Alaska ... I've got some pristine beachfront property on the gulf of mexico I'll sell you.

Of course this is too much for the average person to contemplate (primarily because most people cannot conceive of the level of evil that exists), the bottom line is that this disaster was INTENTIONAL and NOT AN ACCIDENT.

From the supervisors on the rig itself complaining and warning that the orders being given would cause the rig would explode ... from the geologists who warned of the huge, unstable methane deposit there before the rig was established ... from the dumping of stock by BP Executives and Goldman Sachs ... from Haliburton and their timely purchase of Boots & Coots (worlds premier oil disaster remediation company) all prior to the disaster ... WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE NEED? A CONFESSION?

This environmental disaster is the follow on replacement for the global warming fraud which has been thoroughly unveiled as the grand scam that it always was ... and the PTB NEEDED another global threat to push through their Cap & Trade global enslavement tax. So, since they couldn't do it with a fraud, they chose to do it with a REAL disaster.

Not only is the evidence mounting of an intentional act ... the response is also. They ARE NOT CLEANING IT UP. They are allowing it to run it's course, creating an environmental disaster of biblical proportions, and the "fun" has just begun.

I know, I know ... conspiracy theory ... same old line. Wait and see what comes next. Evacuation of 20 Million ... or maybe they just are left to die like Katrina (a rehearsal).

Everything that is being done is making the disaster worse ... the Corexit chemical dispersants being used are 4 times as toxic as the oil ... facilitating the evaporation of this oil into the atmosphere where it is now coming down in toxic rain. The refusal of international help in cleaning up the oil gushing is just another piece of evidence .... why refuse help from the world's leading scientific experts? Why refuse to use valid, extraordinary technology that could mitigate the damage being done ... IF THEY ACTUALLY WANTED TO MITIGATE THAT DAMAGE? Why block the states from taking action on there own? Why refuse to permit the cleanup workers from wearing respirators ? Why is BP IN TOTAL CONTROL OF THEIR OWN DISASTER?

There is not a mathematical possibility of all of these intentional actions being a product of simple incompetence.

You literally have to be a stupid as a box of rocks to think that what has occurred, and what is continuing to occur isn't a planned, intentional act of environmental terrorism from the folks who refuse to allow "A good disaster to go to waste".

I mean really .... do you think this just a big list of coincidences and incompetent responses?

What will it take to wake you people UP??

You don't believe me ... fine ... do what these geniuses are doing:

YouTube - Kid with oil stuck on her! Destin Beach, Fl. June 23rd, 2010

You think the American people have an ounce of common sense? Sure .. lets go to the beach .. lets let the kids play in the water ... walk through the toxic sludge on the beach. Hey ... the beach is open ... so lets go baby. Bring your cooler of Bud Lite .. and lets have a BBQ. We'll just hose the kids down ... bring some Dawn .. works great on the Pelicans .. we'll use it on the kids ...

This is the MENTAL DISEASE happening that prevents people from the most fundamental act of discernment .... oil in the water ... oil all over the beach ... NO PROBLEM ... lets go swimming?

If my assessment of the mental capacity of the general public sounds harsh .. I'M BEING KIND ... it's much worse than ignorance ... it's down right, brain dead, flat line, stupidity.

So does it surprise me that no one can look at all of these coincidences and recognize an act of warfare against the people by the PTB? No, I'm not surprised at all .... not when people don't have enough sense to keep their children out of the toxic water and keep them off the visibly fouled beach.

Nope ... sad yes ... horrified absolutely .... but not surprised in the least.

Maybe the New World Order is correct after all ... maybe we are TOO STUPID to be allowed to continue using up precious resources .. and population reduction is the only answer to the problem?

The good news is ... most will die in their sleep ... because most ARE ASLEEP 24/7.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:24 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,040,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Now you're talking like a true globalist/Global Warming Fraudsters ... blame those useless eaters and their ravenous desire for SUVs!

Look, this disaster is global environmental terrorism of unimaginable evil. There is no NEED for such deep offshore drilling ... just a desire to increase profits.

There is plenty of oil ... proven oil fields that have been drilled, capped and classified in Alaska ... enough oil and gas to make America energy independent for 200 years ... and if you believe for a moment that some tree hugging, sandal wearing hippy green freaks have stopped the production in Alaska ... I've got some pristine beachfront property on the gulf of mexico I'll sell you.

Of course this is too much for the average person to contemplate (primarily because most people cannot conceive of the level of evil that exists), the bottom line is that this disaster was INTENTIONAL and NOT AN ACCIDENT.

From the supervisors on the rig itself complaining and warning that the orders being given would cause the rig would explode ... from the geologists who warned of the huge, unstable methane deposit there before the rig was established ... from the dumping of stock by BP Executives and Goldman Sachs ... from Haliburton and their timely purchase of Boots & Coots (worlds premier oil disaster remediation company) all prior to the disaster ... WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE NEED? A CONFESSION?

This environmental disaster is the follow on replacement for the global warming fraud which has been thoroughly unveiled as the grand scam that it always was ... and the PTB NEEDED another global threat to push through their Cap & Trade global enslavement tax. So, since they couldn't do it with a fraud, they chose to do it with a REAL disaster.

Not only is the evidence mounting of an intentional act ... the response is also. They ARE NOT CLEANING IT UP. They are allowing it to run it's course, creating an environmental disaster of biblical proportions, and the "fun" has just begun.

I know, I know ... conspiracy theory ... same old line. Wait and see what comes next. Evacuation of 20 Million ... or maybe they just are left to die like Katrina (a rehearsal).

Everything that is being done is making the disaster worse ... the Corexit chemical dispersants being used are 4 times as toxic as the oil ... facilitating the evaporation of this oil into the atmosphere where it is now coming down in toxic rain. The refusal of international help in cleaning up the oil gushing is just another piece of evidence .... why refuse help from the world's leading scientific experts? Why refuse to use valid, extraordinary technology that could mitigate the damage being done ... IF THEY ACTUALLY WANTED TO MITIGATE THAT DAMAGE? Why block the states from taking action on there own? Why refuse to permit the cleanup workers from wearing respirators ? Why is BP IN TOTAL CONTROL OF THEIR OWN DISASTER?

There is not a mathematical possibility of all of these intentional actions being a product of simple incompetence.

You literally have to be a stupid as a box of rocks to think that what has occurred, and what is continuing to occur isn't a planned, intentional act of environmental terrorism from the folks who refuse to allow "A good disaster to go to waste".

I mean really .... do you think this just a big list of coincidences and incompetent responses?

What will it take to wake you people UP??

You don't believe me ... fine ... do what these geniuses are doing:

YouTube - Kid with oil stuck on her! Destin Beach, Fl. June 23rd, 2010

You think the American people have an ounce of common sense? Sure .. lets go to the beach .. lets let the kids play in the water ... walk through the toxic sludge on the beach. Hey ... the beach is open ... so lets go baby. Bring your cooler of Bud Lite .. and lets have a BBQ. We'll just hose the kids down ... bring some Dawn .. works great on the Pelicans .. we'll use it on the kids ...

This is the MENTAL DISEASE happening that prevents people from the most fundamental act of discernment .... oil in the water ... oil all over the beach ... NO PROBLEM ... lets go swimming?

If my assessment of the mental capacity of the general public sounds harsh .. I'M BEING KIND ... it's much worse than ignorance ... it's down right, brain dead, flat line, stupidity.

So does it surprise me that no one can look at all of these coincidences and recognize an act of warfare against the people by the PTB? No, I'm not surprised at all .... not when people don't have enough sense to keep their children out of the toxic water and keep them off the visibly fouled beach.

Nope ... sad yes ... horrified absolutely .... but not surprised in the least.

Maybe the New World Order is correct after all ... maybe we are TOO STUPID to be allowed to continue using up precious resources .. and population reduction is the only answer to the problem?

The good news is ... most will die in their sleep ... because most ARE ASLEEP 24/7.
Another great post from you.

I am just starting to study the "peak oil" proposition. I am not as convinced as you are about oil. 200 years worth is really not much in the grand scheme of things.

Oil is no doubt being "made" continuously, but what about the withdrawal rate compared to that? You can make a bank deposit every month and still run the account dry if the withdrawals eventually outstrip the balance.

Global warming is better described as climate change. This could be totally a normal cycle- or man could have some hand in contributing to it by way of plastic waste, emissions, HAARP...who knows? Or it could be a hoax. Regardless, if there is climate change, we need to accommodate it and make what adjustments we can. My inner jury is still studying and deliberating this one.

As far as useless eater and SUVs- pfft, chicken feed blame casting and guilting of the proletariat. I just got back from Las Vegas- now there's a power drain - not to mention the endless, useless wars which do suck up a drop or two of oil.

As to the gusher being done on purpose- a new!, new!, and improved! Pearl Harbor- or 9/11- for the purpose of garnering public support for things NOT in our best interest- it's possible and you make a good case for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies