Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 08:15 PM

15,070 posts, read 8,629,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Another great post from you.

I am just starting to study the "peak oil" proposition. I am not as convinced as you are about oil. 200 years worth is really not much in the grand scheme of things.

Oil is no doubt being "made" continuously, but what about the withdrawal rate compared to that? You can make a bank deposit every month and still run the account dry if the withdrawals eventually outstrip the balance.

Global warming is better described as climate change. This could be totally a normal cycle- or man could have some hand in contributing to it by way of plastic waste, emissions, HAARP...who knows? Or it could be a hoax. Regardless, if there is climate change, we need to accommodate it and make what adjustments we can. My inner jury is still studying and deliberating this one.

As far as useless eater and SUVs- pfft, chicken feed blame casting and guilting of the proletariat. I just got back from Las Vegas- now there's a power drain - not to mention the endless, useless wars which do suck up a drop or two of oil.

As to the gusher being done on purpose- a new!, new!, and improved! Pearl Harbor- or 9/11- for the purpose of garnering public support for things NOT in our best interest- it's possible and you make a good case for it.
I appreciate your open minded yet measured approach. It's a sign of wisdom. For each of us, we must process the information as we find it, and that process also must utilize our unique, individual filters, as well as our own subconscious objections.

I'm not oblivious to the fact that the implications of many of the things I present may simply be to disturbing for some to embrace ... as I sometimes find myself hoping for someone to prove the error of my assessments.

The issue of anthropogenic climate change (formerly labeled global warming) is 100%, absolute, and unquestionably a fraud. I make such a definitive statement based on the fact that CO2 levels rise as a result of warming ... consequently, it cannot be the cause. The mechanism of that relationship is well understood by climate scientists who have studied climate history, and is quite clear. The ice core samples taken and measuring thousands of years of climate show definitively that increases in atmospheric Co2 levels have ALWAYS followed warming cycles rather than preceding them.

For the record, as the earth's oceans warm during very active solar cycles, they release CO2 ... this warming of the oceans take hundreds of years (lots of water to warm), which then shows up as increased CO2 levels in the atmosphere. Therefore ... increasing CO2 levels that might be measured today are a result of a warming period that took place in the neighborhood of 400 years ago. Conversely, as the earth enters a cooling cycle, and the oceans cool, they begin to absorb and retain C02, reducing atmospheric levels.

And this is basic science 101 ... easily verified by the school child with a home experiment. Take two bottles of club soda (CO2 saturated water). Place one in the fridge, and leave the other one out in the hot sun for a few hours. Now, open them both. The cold bottle will fizz like you were opening a can of Coke ... the warm one will erupt and spray all over the place as that CO2 desperately wants to escape that warm water.

In fact .. this works with a coke too .... I sometimes partake in a nice Rum & Coke ... if you make this cocktail with a warm or room temperature coke .. it will become fairly flat, quickly. However, if you put that coke in the freezer for 20 minutes (don't let it freeze) and allow it to get icy cold ... your cocktail will be remain more carbonated and tasty. (I hate a flat coke).

The Powers That Be have been pushing this Co2 climate change for one purpose ... to invoke a power and control over the financial systems of the world, and impose a worldwide tax to fund the New World Order/One World Government. It's fallen flat on it's face because it is such a patently obvious, and easily proven fraud ... consequently .. they needed some other environmental disaster to proceed with their plans. It looks like the BP disaster is just what the doctor ordered, and it shows what psychopaths these people really are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 08:19 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homlish560 View Post
The same kind of disaster could have just as easily happened on land.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? The only reason they haven't capped this booger is because it's out of reach!!! IT'S 5000 FEET DOWN! They are playing with ocean pressures down there!

This could not happen on land like this! WHY???

Because we can reach it if it was on land!!!

Old 06-26-2010, 09:04 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,247,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
we can thank clinton for forcing us to drill so far away from the coast in deeper water
Oh now, if one wants to point fingers we could use every finger in America and not have enough fingers to assign all the blame that led to this catosprophy.

We could start post WWII when the markerters designed the scheme to get every American in a car, which destroyed our mass transit systems. Hence, the beginning of our American gluttony for energy.

Fact is, change is coming. One way or another. We are using this planet's finite resources to it's limits and destoying much in our wake. Our children and grandchildren will pay the price. We can prepare and adapt, or bury our heads in the sand. The very oily sand I might add.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:05 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,247,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I appreciate your open minded yet measured approach. It's a sign of wisdom. For each of us, we must process the information as we find it, and that process also must utilize our unique, individual filters, as well as our own subconscious objections.

I'm not oblivious to the fact that the implications of many of the things I present may simply be to disturbing for some to embrace ... as I sometimes find myself hoping for someone to prove the error of my assessments.

The issue of anthropogenic climate change (formerly labeled global warming) is 100%, absolute, and unquestionably a fraud. I make such a definitive statement based on the fact that CO2 levels rise as a result of warming ... consequently, it cannot be the cause. The mechanism of that relationship is well understood by climate scientists who have studied climate history, and is quite clear. The ice core samples taken and measuring thousands of years of climate show definitively that increases in atmospheric Co2 levels have ALWAYS followed warming cycles rather than preceding them.

For the record, as the earth's oceans warm during very active solar cycles, they release CO2 ... this warming of the oceans take hundreds of years (lots of water to warm), which then shows up as increased CO2 levels in the atmosphere. Therefore ... increasing CO2 levels that might be measured today are a result of a warming period that took place in the neighborhood of 400 years ago. Conversely, as the earth enters a cooling cycle, and the oceans cool, they begin to absorb and retain C02, reducing atmospheric levels.

And this is basic science 101 ... easily verified by the school child with a home experiment. Take two bottles of club soda (CO2 saturated water). Place one in the fridge, and leave the other one out in the hot sun for a few hours. Now, open them both. The cold bottle will fizz like you were opening a can of Coke ... the warm one will erupt and spray all over the place as that CO2 desperately wants to escape that warm water.

In fact .. this works with a coke too .... I sometimes partake in a nice Rum & Coke ... if you make this cocktail with a warm or room temperature coke .. it will become fairly flat, quickly. However, if you put that coke in the freezer for 20 minutes (don't let it freeze) and allow it to get icy cold ... your cocktail will be remain more carbonated and tasty. (I hate a flat coke).

The Powers That Be have been pushing this Co2 climate change for one purpose ... to invoke a power and control over the financial systems of the world, and impose a worldwide tax to fund the New World Order/One World Government. It's fallen flat on it's face because it is such a patently obvious, and easily proven fraud ... consequently .. they needed some other environmental disaster to proceed with their plans. It looks like the BP disaster is just what the doctor ordered, and it shows what psychopaths these people really are.
Oh my, my.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies