Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 01:21 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
I believe that if you do some research you will find that the events listed are not all that common and certainly not daily occurrences. Your argument is not valid in this situation.
I was using YOUR words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 01:26 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,193,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I was using YOUR words.
No, you used your own words and tried to tie them to mine with a argument that was not apt.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:40 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,198,730 times
Quote:
I believe that if you do some research you will find that the events listed are not all that common and certainly not daily occurrences. Your argument is not valid in this situation.
Perhaps not the specific events, but Israel has been telegraphing their intent or desire to strike Iran since the day after we invaded Iraq. This is part of the reason why it would be far more difficult to accomplish as Iran has had 10 years to prepare and learn from Iraq's mistakes.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
I understand what you are saying but take a step back and look at the entirety of the situation. If you plan on attacking Iran and you need America to back you up are you going to announce it to the world or are you going to make things look like ordinary everyday actions. To me ...it is looking like a perfect storm.
I used YOUR words.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I used YOUR words.
Here is your post;

Quote:
Or, it could be ordinary everyday actions.

This particular argument is the Mrs Kravitz argument. Mrs Kravitz says, I saw my neighbor going into the bank. I think she's going to rob it. Mr Kravitz points out, she goes to the bank every Friday to deposit her paycheck. But, Mrs Kravitz says, if you were going to rob the bank, you wouldn't announce it to the world, you'd go about your business just like normal, until, wham, you take out your gun and hold up the bank teller.
Where are MY words?

Old 06-24-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
I understand what you are saying but take a step back and look at the entirety of the situation. If you plan on attacking Iran and you need America to back you up are you going to announce it to the world or are you going to make things look like ordinary everyday actions. To me ...it is looking like a perfect storm.
Here they are. Found your words for you.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Here they are. Found your words for you.
You did not use my words in your post as you claim. So what is the point you are trying to make, that you did try to tie my words to your argument, or that you are so small that you need to argue about words that you said you used but actually didn't?

Unbelievable!!!

Old 06-24-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
You did not use my words in your post as you claim. So what is the point you are trying to make, that you did try to tie my words to your argument, or that you are so small that you need to argue about words that you said you used but actually didn't?

Unbelievable!!!
You said: "If you plan on attacking Iran and you need America to back you up are you going to announce it to the world or are you going to make things look like ordinary everyday actions."

And I said: "Or, it could be ordinary everyday actions."

Are you denying this?

I proceeded to point out that your argument that because it looked like "ordinary everyday actions" it might not be "ordinanary everyday actions" was a Mrs Kravitz argument.

Are there other words in my post that you take issue with? Please, enlighten me.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
You said: "If you plan on attacking Iran and you need America to back you up are you going to announce it to the world or are you going to make things look like ordinary everyday actions."

And I said: "Or, it could be ordinary everyday actions."

Are you denying this?

I proceeded to point out that your argument that because it looked like "ordinary everyday actions" it might not be "ordinanary everyday actions" was a Mrs Kravitz argument.

Are there other words in my post that you take issue with? Please, enlighten me.
You used these words to pose an argument that was inapt. You implied that my words were in that argument and that is where you have been wrong.

I will not continue with this puerile logomachy.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:43 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,519,817 times
lets see whats the topic of this thread, um your words, my words, uh, no Oh yeah Iran
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies