Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:32 AM

178 posts, read 101,291 times

Advertisements

No! Say it ain't so! More liberal lies destroying the world.

Lower achievements at mixed schools | Radio Netherlands Worldwide
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 09:39 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times
Somehow, looking at this through a lunatic Obama supporter's prism, this posting sounds racist.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:40 AM

Of course it does to them. This destroys their argument of integration and diversity being a good thing. Would you want to send your child to a school that was all white or all black and smarter or to a school with tons of different races of kids but not as smart? It should be common sense.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:45 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times
Our local school board decided to stop busing children clear across the county to be integrated into schools their parents didn't pay to live in, to save money. The radical "Independent" rag decided to publish the story with the title "Wake County goes to hell". Shock journalism?

Wake County goes to hell | Wake County | Independent Weekly: Progressive news, culture & commentary for Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill & Cary

Old 06-23-2010, 12:13 PM

Lol that was funny reading that moron's rant while he frothed at the mouth like a rabid dog.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:16 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,451,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Somehow, looking at this through a lunatic Obama supporter's prism, this posting sounds racist.
Maybe I'm not a lunatic, and this just IS racist. Consider that possibility.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:24 PM

571 posts, read 943,970 times
So.. care to explain why this is so? Does being next to someone with different pigmentation as yours suddenly lower your IQ?

What do you propose, re-segregating schools? Make sure you talk about all of your black friends before you do that.

Black schools perform lower not because they have a darker skin tone; but because blacks often have problems with poverty, crime, and other factors. This goes WAY back to slavery days- obviously slaves didn't have much time to educate their children as whites have, and this was compounded later on with the idea of segregation & all black schools which were often much worse than all-white schools.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:55 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
No, looking at with with common sense seems racist!!!

Not reading the article and seeing that the presumption made by Professor Jaap Dronkers is highly debatable and that the findings may well be explained by other criteria, can lead the intelligent to form the following opinions of those who are attempting to use this transparent article as proof of the dangers of "Race Mixing"

People wanting to believe the claim that diversity is inherently dangerous will automatically dismiss the other factors listed as to the findings discovered by the Professor.

People are so unintelligent that they were unable to comprehend the article and just jumped on the "Nationalist" bandwagon for dummies!!

"..Not everybody agrees with Professor Dronkers’ conclusions. Dutch writer and educational expert Anja Vink says the professor places too much emphasis on culture and religion. She argues that socio-economical circumstances are widely accepted as determining factors for the educational achievement of children.
“We are focussing on colour, culture and religion, but what is being left out is that these children are from poor families. This could also apply to poor native children. If you attend a ‘white trash school’ you would get the same results. You will see this in the provinces of Friesland, Groningen en Limburg.”

"“I interpret lower student achievement at ethnically diverse schools to mean that a great deal of energy is spent on bridging the various cultural gaps between students. As a result, teachers are unable to focus on teaching. They keep hopping from one culture to the next. It uses up time and energy not spent on teaching.”

His INTERPRETATION, nothing more!!

Stop pushing this easily debunked theory of Racial superiority on this board, take it back to like minded "people" at the other web sites !!

Apparently according to your posts, you not only have problems with minorities but also with anything that establishes Law, order, and the public good.

It's really not that surprising. Here are some of your quotes.

"..I seriously doubt an employer would say that. I never said they should not hire them because of their race but because of affirmative action (racism against white) lesser skilled and less intellegient people are hired simply because the color of their skin.People should be left alone to do what they want. Personally I feel safer and like I have something in common with my white doctor and up until 50 years ago it was the same thing then. Blacks went to their black doctor whites went to theirs.."

"..It's more like brainwashing kids and teens into believing the liberal multicult garbage they call education.."

"..I can guarantee you I am not the only one that wants to cut the Department of Education and the IRS.."

IRS
DOE (Education)
DOE(Energy)
CEA
CEQ
ONDCP
PIAB
ECCP
PEIA
OUA
DHHS
DHS
DOI
Within the DOJ get rid of these offices
ATF
Civil Rights Division
DEA
Tax division
Office of violence against women
Office of tribal justice
Get out of the U.N do away with any treaties we may have signed while in the U.N
Federal Reserve
Center for Minority Veterans
Center for Women Veterans
African Development Foundation
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum

"..I don't like being around tons of different people doesn't mean I am scared of them. Such a pathetic liberal.."

News Flash for you, things like segregation are NOT coming back!!! Priveldge based on skin color are NOT coming back!!! The "Nationalist" idealogy will FAIL!!! Jim Crow, seperate but equal are NOT coming back!!!

Last edited by reconmark; 06-23-2010 at 03:18 PM..

Old 06-23-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Maybe I'm not a lunatic, and this just IS racist. Consider that possibility.
How is it racist? Because it doesn't fit into you distorted view of how the world should be. It can't be racist pal its a study they studied the kids and these were the results its something you can't make one way or the other it just is.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
No, looking at with with common sense seems racist!!!

Not reading the article and seeing that the presumption made by Professor Jaap Dronkers is highly debatable and that the findings may well be explained by other criteria, can lead the intelligent to form the following opinions of those who are attempting to use this transparent article as proof of the dangers of "Race Mixing"

People wanting to believe the claim that diversity is inherently dangerous will automatically dismiss the other factors listed as to the findings discovered by the Professor.

People are so unintelligent that they were unable to comprehend the article and just jumped on the "Nationalist" bandwagon for dummies!!

"..Not everybody agrees with Professor Dronkers’ conclusions. Dutch writer and educational expert Anja Vink says the professor places too much emphasis on culture and religion. She argues that socio-economical circumstances are widely accepted as determining factors for the educational achievement of children.
“We are focussing on colour, culture and religion, but what is being left out is that these children are from poor families. This could also apply to poor native children. If you attend a ‘white trash school’ you would get the same results. You will see this in the provinces of Friesland, Groningen en Limburg.”

"“I interpret lower student achievement at ethnically diverse schools to mean that a great deal of energy is spent on bridging the various cultural gaps between students. As a result, teachers are unable to focus on teaching. They keep hopping from one culture to the next. It uses up time and energy not spent on teaching.”

His INTERPRETATION, nothing more!!

Stop pushing this easily debunked theory of Racial superiority on this board, take it back to like minded "people" at the other web sites !!

Apparently according to your posts, you not only have problems with minorities but also with anything that establishes Law, order, and the public good.

It's really not that surprising. Here are some of your quotes.

"..I seriously doubt an employer would say that. I never said they should not hire them because of their race but because of affirmative action (racism against white) lesser skilled and less intellegient people are hired simply because the color of their skin.People should be left alone to do what they want. Personally I feel safer and like I have something in common with my white doctor and up until 50 years ago it was the same thing then. Blacks went to their black doctor whites went to theirs.."

"..It's more like brainwashing kids and teens into believing the liberal multicult garbage they call education.."

"..I can guarantee you I am not the only one that wants to cut the Department of Education and the IRS.."

IRS
DOE (Education)
DOE(Energy)
CEA
CEQ
ONDCP
PIAB
ECCP
PEIA
OUA
DHHS
DHS
DOI
Within the DOJ get rid of these offices
ATF
Civil Rights Division
DEA
Tax division
Office of violence against women
Office of tribal justice
Get out of the U.N do away with any treaties we may have signed while in the U.N
Federal Reserve
Center for Minority Veterans
Center for Women Veterans
African Development Foundation
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum

"..I don't like being around tons of different people doesn't mean I am scared of them. Such a pathetic liberal.."

News Flash for you, things like segregation are NOT coming back!!! Priveldge based on skin color are NOT coming back!!! The "Nationalist" idealogy will FAIL!!! Jim Crow, seperate but equal are NOT coming back!!!
Might want to tell them to stop using affirmative action then because that's exactly what privilege based on skin color is.I got a surprise for ya pal. Liberalism that disgusting mental disease that has destroyed our nation is the only thing on its way out. Mark my words go ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies