Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 01:44 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
In trying to make the point that important moments like whether or not to fire Gen. Stanley McChrystal will define President Barack Obama's legacy, Carlson said that the job of president was exactly like being a Fox News anchor.
Gretchen Carlson: Being president is 'just like' my job | Video Cafe

Incredible. I don't know how her co-hosts kept a straight face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 02:55 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,509,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

Incredible. I don't know how her co-hosts kept a straight face.
Incredible. You statrt a thread about something that no one gives a crap about.

Good job.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:59 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Actually she didnt.. she said its a reporters job to carry the news is just like its the presidents job to carry the new.. She was discussing THAT part of his job.. NOT all of it.. .. You dont think the president carries the news?

But hey, I see AnUnidentified watches MSNBC, they've been repeating the same lie all day..

Old 06-24-2010, 03:03 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually she didnt.. she said its a reporters job to carry the news is just like its the presidents job to carry the new.. She was discussing THAT part of his job.. NOT all of it.. .. You dont think the president carries the news?

But hey, I see AnUnidentified watches MSNBC, they've been repeating the same lie all day..
Just like I said those far lefties are obsessed with anyone they deem conservative. Yes, they like to bend the truth a bit, poke fun at FOX.

But doesn't MSNBC carry a higher responsibility to report the news correctly, and not twist if for their own what? ratings, amusement? Sad.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
But doesn't MSNBC carry a higher responsibility to report the news correctly, and not twist if for their own what? ratings, amusement? Sad.
I've had MSNBC on all evening, and all they've done was.
1) Blame Bush
2) call conservatives names
3) show this stupid video.
4) Talked about how obama accepting the resignation of the General was showing leadership like never shown before..
5) but the top of it, is when they sighted for a news story about the oil leak, an anonymous web form poster..

Old 06-24-2010, 03:34 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,511 times
Default Who cares?

Quote:
1) Blame Bush
4) Talked about how obama accepting the resignation of the General was showing leadership like never shown before..
5) but the top of it, is when they sighted for a news story about the oil leak, an anonymous web form poster..
Blah blah blah... MSNBC and FOX are just two sides of the same worthless coin. If you really want to know what's going on in the world you have to do your own investigation. With the Web there's a world of information at your finger tips. A reasonably intelligent person should be able to sift through all the BS and gain a more accurate perspective on World affairs, but that would mean actually getting off your azz, putting down the T.V. remote, and forgoing that six-pack of Budweiser.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
Blah blah blah... MSNBC and FOX are just two sides of the same worthless coin. If you really want to know what's going on in the world you have to do your own investigation. With the Web there's a world of information at your finger tips. A reasonably intelligent person should be able to sift through all the BS and gain a more accurate perspective on World affairs, but that would mean actually getting off your azz, putting down the T.V. remote, and forgoing that six-pack of Budweiser.
How does one get off their ass, and obtain their news from the WWW at the same time? And I dont drink, but thanks for just assuming lifestyles of others online..

Old 06-24-2010, 03:44 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,511 times
Quote:
How does one get off their ass, and obtain their news from the WWW at the same time? And I dont drink, but thanks for just assuming lifestyles of others online..
Although I used your quote my message wasn't aimed directly at you. My description was more of a characiture of the average Joe: too lazy and too stupid to find out what's really going on and opting for a main stream media I.V. drip instead. Pathetic!

Old 06-24-2010, 03:48 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,341 times
Quote:
1) Blame Bush
And did you expect more?

I mean seriously, any cable company that would hire, and worse keep Keith Oberbama, and try to sell him as legite has serious 'splainin to do!

Old 06-24-2010, 10:44 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,997,351 times
Default FOX News Personality Says Being President is 'Just Like My Job'

FOX News personality Gretchen Carlson claims that being President of the United States is just like her job.

It's in the time of crisis making these executive decisions," Carlson began.

"It's just like our job," she told co-hosts Brian Kilmeade and Steve Doocy.

"From a day-to-day basis, a lot of times where there's big breaking news, we just sort of roll along. But what's the role of an anchor during huge breaking news? You remember growing up? You tune to the television during that one moment during the year, they would have to carry a story all alone. It's the same thing as being the President of the United States," she said.

Lady, you couldn't hang for 15 minutes as the President of the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies