Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 07:53 AM

563 posts, read 1,286,606 times

Advertisements

The entire north american continent is in danger. I think I'll buy some land in Paraguay
Very scary, surprising that there is no media coverage of this part of the catastrophy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 08:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Sebring View Post
The entire north american continent is in danger. I think I'll buy some land in Paraguay
Very scary, surprising that there is no media coverage of this part of the catastrophy
Actually I'm not surprised in the least bit knowing how the media works these days and who they are beholden to.

You find news these days on foreign sites or sites like these that show what's really happening out there.

What the MSM tells us vs what people down there are showing and saying are two completely different stories.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:22 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Actually I'm not surprised in the least bit knowing how the media works these days and who they are beholden to.

You find news these days on foreign sites or sites like these that show what's really happening out there.

What the MSM tells us vs what people down there are showing and saying are two completely different stories.
What are you talking about? CNN was talking about this very topic of the toxicity of the dispersant chemical just last night and they interviewed a lot of people on the ground down there who are trying to get answers about this stuff from BP. BP is turning a deaf ear to everyone. The possibility of a toxic rain is very scary, and all we can do about it is track the hurricanes and hope they don't hit directly over the out-of-control oil well. They had a weather expert on last night explaining the three possible paths....two good for us and one worse case scenario.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What are you talking about? CNN was talking about this very topic of the toxicity of the dispersant chemical just last night and they interviewed a lot of people on the ground down there who are trying to get answers about this stuff from BP. BP is turning a deaf ear to everyone. The possibility of a toxic rain is very scary, and all we can do about it is track the hurricanes and hope they don't hit directly over the out-of-control oil well. They had a weather expert on last night explaining the three possible paths....two good for us and one worse case scenario.
The EPA told BP to stop using so much of that chemical over a month ago.
BP didn't comply. Where is the EPA, where is Holder on this ?

This is old news. People are reporting rashes and other symptoms from clear water NOT yet containing oil.

The EPA told BP to stop using it on 5/20..over 1 month ago.
And BP is using more now than they did a month ago.

CNN is a bit late to the game if you ask me and it's only because people are reporting medical problems after swimming.

What "possibility" of toxic rain..it's already happening and people are posting videos of it NOW. There is no possibility..it's happening NOW.

Thank God for the internet. If we didn't have these youtubes and blogs and journalists who are not afraid or bought out, we'd all be sitting here thinking it was a small containable spill.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:39 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
The EPA told BP to stop using so much of that chemical over a month ago.
BP didn't comply. Where is the EPA, where is Holder on this ?

This is old news. People are reporting rashes and other symptoms from clear water NOT yet containing oil.

The EPA told BP to stop using it on 5/20..over 1 month ago.
And BP is using more now than they did a month ago.

CNN is a bit late to the game if you ask me and it's only because people are reporting medical problems after swimming.

What "possibility" of toxic rain..it's already happening and people are posting videos of it NOW. There is no possibility..it's happening NOW.

Thank God for the internet. If we didn't have these youtubes and blogs and journalists who are not afraid or bought out, we'd all be sitting here thinking it was a small containable spill.
I didn't mean to imply that the toxic rain isn't already happening. When I said the "possibility of a toxic rain" I meant the possibility of a toxic rain getting carried inland and falling over half the country due to the coming hurricane season as was reported recently. This whole thing starting from day one of the oil blowout makes me sick and I feel so badly for all of you residents in the Gulf Coast states.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:43 AM

16 posts, read 9,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I am not a "pro-kill our wildlife person". I actually just released a wild animal I rehabbed the first of the week. What hands on action have you taken to protect a wild animal in the past week?

I fully recognize that this well was in US Federal waters. I recognize that BP was allowed to operate this well without the usually licensing requirements by THIS administration. I fully recognize that BP has an abysmal safety record and has had more leaks and violations the ALL the other oil companies operating under US lease permits combined.

I also fully recognize that the Obama administration has under their watch supposedly inspected and passed at least 27 of the platforms it is now trying to place a moritorium upon. Why? Did they not really do the inspections or are they politicizing this for their cap & tax agenda? Really, if he wants to control or minimize the damage why turn away help from foreign countries and the states which would have significantly reduced the amount of oil making landfall in the beaches and estuaries? Why put a halt on all royalties coming into the federal government from oil/gas drilling when that money could be used to help clean up the Gulf. BP doesn't have enough money to do the entire job and the clean up will go on for decades. They may not even get this gusher shut down this year.

You accuse that I artificially create problems with other countries by suggesting the moritorium avoids no further disasters in the gulf while foreign countries continue to drill there. Isn't the truth that Obama is artificially creating problems with other oil companies and 30% of our economy based on BP's shortcomings and failures? Same leopard, same spots.

so should we or should we not allow us or others to drill in the gulf? It seems that you think we should continue to drill or allow it.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:50 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archer24 View Post

YouTube - Surf On Pensacola Beach Boiling Like Acid

...and this is only going to get worse. Unbelievable.
Not unbelievable enough for Salazar: "If we find they're not doing what they're supposed to be doing, we'll push them out of the way appropriately."

I'm not sure how bad it needs to get before this happens, and 0bama takes charge of the clean up and containment. Maybe after the elections in Nov?

Old 06-25-2010, 10:39 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Just tell then folks in Bama old Jed was out shootin at some food and up come a bubblin' crude (oil that is).

Old 06-25-2010, 10:49 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:

Enough with the conspiracy theories already. You don't see it because all you guys do is read right wing blogs that tell you they don't report it.

This has been reported on cable news.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Enough with the conspiracy theories already. You don't see it because all you guys do is read right wing blogs that tell you they don't report it.

This has been reported on cable news.
There's more than enough alternate reports that the MSM is NOT telling the full story.

Since when is youtube a right wing blog ? And Rolling Stone too ? You very easily dismiss what your precious MSM doesn't report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies