Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 08:45 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

In 2010, Conservatives Still Outnumber Moderates, Liberals

Quote:
Conservatives have maintained their leading position among U.S. ideological groups in the first half of 2010. Gallup finds 42% of Americans describing themselves as either very conservative or conservative. This is up slightly from the 40% seen for all of 2009 and contrasts with the 20% calling themselves liberal or very liberal.
Quote:
Should that figure hold for all of 2010, it would represent the highest annual percentage identifying as conservative in Gallup's history of measuring ideology with this wording, dating to 1992.
Let's hope and pray that it holds. Nothing but the country is at stake.

A good trend is the increase in conservatism for Indies.

Ummm.....who in this group would be characterized as a "fringe" element in American society?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 08:47 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Duh like this deserved ANOTHER new thread ....

Old 06-25-2010, 08:48 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,537,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
In 2010, Conservatives Still Outnumber Moderates, Liberals

Let's hope and pray that it holds. Nothing but the country is at stake.
Really? How did that work out when conservatives ran both the White House and Congress?

The U.S. has been a center-right country for a long time. Independents will always waver back-and-forth until a legitimate third option comes along.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:51 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times
Sounds good but unfortunately I am no longer optomistic because if things start looking worse for the democrats then obama will just grant amnesty to all the illegals and let them all in and he will win their vote.
Between that and unethical voting tactics it is beginning to look bad.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:54 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Duh like this deserved ANOTHER new thread ....
This is a new Gallup poll - is there another thread that was started on this topic?

I suggest if you don't like the topic, go find another thread to post in.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:59 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,220 times
Keeping my fingers crossed and trying to spread the "word!"

Old 06-25-2010, 09:06 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This is a new Gallup poll - is there another thread that was started on this topic?

I suggest if you don't like the topic, go find another thread to post in.

Being from Canada and not being a US Citizen he feels he needs to try to control the postings here.

After threatening a US President with torture a few days ago I would think he would be quiet for a bit.

Indys are moving to the right in large numbers. Even some left side dems are sick of Obama and his failures and lies.

With only 21% liberals left in America the only way we can lose the house is if a miracle happens and they magically create a gazillion new jobs.

Do not forget, Obama promised to have our troops OUT OF IRAQ by August 2010 and if he does not he will lose many dems and the dem congress will pay the price for his lies.

If Obama hands out Amnesty before November they might as well just hand over both sides of congress as the people wont stand for it.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:11 PM

469 posts, read 579,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Really? How did that work out when conservatives ran both the White House and Congress?

The U.S. has been a center-right country for a long time. Independents will always waver back-and-forth until a legitimate third option comes along.
It never works out when one party holds all branches. It's always a train wreck. No check and balance.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:20 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,654,332 times
I wonder how accurate this poll is.

When they're saying they're conservatives and I ask a few questions, I come to find out they really aren't.

Some are really liberal, but don't like being called/labeled one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies