Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 12:13 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
If it is uncomfortable and falls into the definition of what verbal harassment is then you have your answers. Why can't people just do this without be harassed? You condoning these behaviors against anyone (man or woman) if they don't want it? If its hot outside and I decide to take off my shirt (i'm a guy) and I begin getting heckled by the opposite sex to the point of where it becomes sexual harassment am I not allowed to speak up?

Common sense also people. Anyone who goes walking around topless knows they will get looks, but there is a difference between looks, and stares or fox calls.

Also why are you just going out on a limb and assuming I'm on the left? Stereotype much? For your information, I'm more independent than anything else.

Mmm, not gonna fly this one...

I've played the cleavage game before. Every man has whether he wanted to or not. It is the most common of all the female games forced on us like "Do these jeans make my @ss look big?" or "Do you think she's pretty?"

They stuff the **** in a bra one size too small and a dress two sizes too small then spend the rest of the night bitching about us staring at their ****.

Well, I would like to be able to go out in public without being forced into some insecure female's head game. Work out your childhood issues on your own time and leave the rest of us out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 12:17 AM

217 posts, read 554,319 times
Im pro women's rights all the way....Nice

What time does this thing start??

Old 06-28-2010, 12:21 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,854,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Mmm, not gonna fly this one...

I've played the cleavage game before. Every man has whether he wanted to or not. It is the most common of all the female games forced on us like "Do these jeans make my @ss look big?" or "Do you think she's pretty?"

They stuff the **** in a bra one size too small and a dress two sizes too small then spend the rest of the night bitching about us staring at their ****.

Well, I would like to be able to go out in public without being forced into some insecure female's head game. Work out your childhood issues on your own time and leave the rest of us out of it.
Bold and Bold-red: Didn't I say something along the lines of its alright to look as long as it isn't staring or fox calls? Remember that thing called common sense? I guess not.

Green: I either don't understand what you are saying here, or I just don't understand what it has to do with women protesting topless. I don't think they are doing it to play those types of games with us, they just want to have the same rights as a man and get the same reactions. Equal rights is what it is all about. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Orange: see above about the head games, and also I don't really care if you want to go outside and avoid seeing that. I wish I could go outside and not walk past an office building with people smoking outside but that ain't going to happen. That childhood issues comment was also uncalled for considering you know absolutely nothing about my childhood and it was a perfectly normal one, if its any of your business.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gez137 View Post
Im pro women's rights all the way....Nice

What time does this thing start??
Do some research.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Actually "penis owners" are the ones creating the issue. Women see that MEN have the right to walk around with there shirts off and women just want the same rights. Are you sexist? Do you believe women shouldn't be able to do what a man can do just because of the way she looks?

What if my standards of decency is different than yours? What if I think its inappropriate for men to be shirtless? You only care about yourself? Or is this still an issue of you being sexist?

Save the smoke screen...these women could simply go inside if it gets too hot. They could wear tiny tees that let everything hang out but still cover the nipples. But that isn't what this is about. These women want to show off their **** in public. They are attention whores on a mission.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Save the smoke screen...these women could simply go inside if it gets too hot. They could wear tiny tees that let everything hang out but still cover the nipples. But that isn't what this is about. These women want to show off their **** in public. They are attention whores on a mission.
If women are working outside, doing whatever and they don't have the option to go inside why do you insist on stopping them. Women are NOT protesting like this because they just want to show off their ****. They are protesting like this because they want equal rights which you don't want to give them. Why do you feel the need to oppress women? What have they ever done to you? Whats the worst that can happen if they walk around with no shirt on?

Old 06-28-2010, 12:40 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
The law doesn't specify gender--so men should also NOT go around shirtless. How hard is that to figure out?

You know that men and women used to cover up a lot more when they went swimming, right? Back in the '20s or so. Not sure when it changed.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Bold and Bold-red: Didn't I say something along the lines of its alright to look as long as it isn't staring or fox calls? Remember that thing called common sense? I guess not.

Green: I either don't understand what you are saying here, or I just don't understand what it has to do with women protesting topless. I don't think they are doing it to play those types of games with us, they just want to have the same rights as a man and get the same reactions. Equal rights is what it is all about. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Orange: see above about the head games, and also I don't really care if you want to go outside and avoid seeing that. I wish I could go outside and not walk past an office building with people smoking outside but that ain't going to happen. That childhood issues comment was also uncalled for considering you know absolutely nothing about my childhood and it was a perfectly normal one, if its any of your business.

What planet are you from where they have no females?

Females are insecure by nature. They need constant reassurance that they are attractive to men. The fact that Gloria Steinem disagrees with that statement means nothing. The fact that modern industrialized society makes female economic dependecy on a male a thing of the past means nothing. The female of the species is driven by her hormones to seek the approval of males to the exact degree that males are driven by their hormones to compete for the females of whom the males approve. In the past this drive in the female meant the difference between her eating and starving. Today, females can provide for themselves, but the drive has gone nowhere. It is still hard wired into every female from birth. Women in the midst of what liberals call the second Great Depression spend $200 to get thier hair dyed so men will notice them.

"considering you know absolutely nothing about my childhood"

Who was talking about you?

Do you think everything is about you?

Old 06-28-2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The law doesn't specify gender--so men should also NOT go around shirtless. How hard is that to figure out?

You know that men and women used to cover up a lot more when they went swimming, right? Back in the '20s or so. Not sure when it changed.
Well it did.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
What planet are you from where they have no females?

Females are insecure by nature. They need constant reassurance that they are attractive to men. The fact that Gloria Steinem disagrees with that statement means nothing. The fact that modern industrialized society makes female economic dependecy on a male a thing of the past means nothing. The female of the species is driven by her hormones to seek the approval of males to the exact degree that males are driven by their hormones to compete for the females of whom the males approve. In the past this drive in the female meant the difference between her eating and starving. Today, females can provide for themselves, but the drive has gone nowhere. It is still hard wired into every female from birth. Women in the midst of what liberals call the second Great Depression spend $200 to get thier hair dyed so men will notice them.

"considering you know absolutely nothing about my childhood"

Who was talking about you?

Do you think everything is about you?
You quoted me and in the response to my quote you said "Work out your childhood issues on your own time and leave the rest of us out of it." Your referring to me because that post was directed towards me and my quote.

I'll respond to the rest later. I'm watching king of the hill now on netflix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies