Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2010, 07:08 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Its not about what the world wants. The world wants to give men the ability to take their shirts off outside if they want to but not the women. Whether you think its silly or not that is basically the definition of being sexist. Saying one gender can do something but the other cannot. Gender Equality is a big thing to some people in this country, but clearly not for you. If one person can do something everyone should, or would you rather see women go back to only being stay at home moms and the father are the only ones who go out and get jobs? What about women voting what is your stance on that?

So male reporters can do interviews in the female athlete's locker room?

You be sure to let me know when men have rights equal to those of women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I know they can in Maine we are talking about Florida though. I don't have a problem and doubt they have a problem if anyone looks they just want to be able to legally do it and not have people screaming at them if they do (verbal harassment) or physically rubbing up against them or other stupid things (sexual harassment if it is unwanted).

Classic!

So these females want to bust their **** out for all to see, but no one is allowed to comment on them because that would make them feel uncomfortable?

If people at the beach are made to feel uncomfortable, do they matter?

Are the onlookers supposed to ask permission to comment on or about the **** to make sure it is "wanted"?

What if a topless female appears to want me to comment on her ****, but becomes offended when I do, do we now go to **** court where I'm instructed to not comment on the **** again, or worse...told to respect her for her mind?

If they succeed in getting "the right" to take their tops off in public and my accuser shows up to **** court topless, will I be allowed to look, or is that an indication of guilt?

Why is everything a reasonable person might do "allowed" by the left?

A little common sense...if you make yourself a spectacle, people will spectate.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Why do you get a say in what others choose to do?
Would you prefer women to wear burkas?
Why should I comply with your wishes for me and other women.
We can make up our own minds and choose according to our wishes without the help of men.

"We can make up our own minds and choose according to our wishes without the help of men."

Do you get to do everything you choose to do because you have a vagina? Penis owners not allowed to weigh in on the issue?

In the privacy of your own home you may do whatever your little heart desires, but in public, where children are present along with persons having different standards of decency, you may not do what you please.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Damned if I know!!! It's legal here. Those that engaged in the "protests" were mainly college students. Some commented that women being topless shouldn't attract any more attention than men do. It seemed to me to be a ploy for attention.
Meh,.. they'll get older and won't want to go topless any longer for fear of stepping on their own nips when they try to tie their shoes. (j/k)

I think maybe hubby Charles wanted to check out some new melons.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:59 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,310,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
[i]

In the privacy of your own home you may do whatever your little heart desires, but in public, where children are present along with persons having different standards of decency, you may not do what you please.
Kids don't give a **** if a woman walks around topless. Unless the kid is hungry.

And since people have different standards of decency it isn't up to one's standard to dictate to other people what they should do.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:18 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,909 times
Quote:
So male reporters can do interviews in the female athlete's locker room?

You be sure to let me know when men have rights equal to those of women.
If that locker room is on private property it is up to the owner to decide that. If anyone doesn't like what the owner decides they may move else where (man or woman). Now because most owners probably would prohibit male reporters in female locker rooms and vise versa I don't think we have a problem here.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Classic!

So these females want to bust their **** out for all to see, but no one is allowed to comment on them because that would make them feel uncomfortable?

If people at the beach are made to feel uncomfortable, do they matter?

Are the onlookers supposed to ask permission to comment on or about the **** to make sure it is "wanted"?

What if a topless female appears to want me to comment on her ****, but becomes offended when I do, do we now go to **** court where I'm instructed to not comment on the **** again, or worse...told to respect her for her mind?

If they succeed in getting "the right" to take their tops off in public and my accuser shows up to **** court topless, will I be allowed to look, or is that an indication of guilt?

Why is everything a reasonable person might do "allowed" by the left?

A little common sense...if you make yourself a spectacle, people will spectate.
If it is uncomfortable and falls into the definition of what verbal harassment is then you have your answers. Why can't people just do this without be harassed? You condoning these behaviors against anyone (man or woman) if they don't want it? If its hot outside and I decide to take off my shirt (i'm a guy) and I begin getting heckled by the opposite sex to the point of where it becomes sexual harassment am I not allowed to speak up?

Common sense also people. Anyone who goes walking around topless knows they will get looks, but there is a difference between looks, and stares or fox calls.

Also why are you just going out on a limb and assuming I'm on the left? Stereotype much? For your information, I'm more independent than anything else.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:27 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
They're making women cover up--so why not extend it to men also? Nothing wrong with modesty.
Who determines what modesty is?
Want women to wear burkas? They're modest.
You don't get to pick and choose what I wear.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
"We can make up our own minds and choose according to our wishes without the help of men."

Do you get to do everything you choose to do because you have a vagina? Penis owners not allowed to weigh in on the issue?

Actually "penis owners" are the ones creating the issue. Women see that MEN have the right to walk around with there shirts off and women just want the same rights. Are you sexist? Do you believe women shouldn't be able to do what a man can do just because of the way she looks?

What if my standards of decency is different than yours? What if I think its inappropriate for men to be shirtless? You only care about yourself? Or is this still an issue of you being sexist?

Old 06-27-2010, 10:29 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,832,599 times
Keep some good strong sunscreen handy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies