Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 04:07 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,508,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
This is what is so unbelievable to me. I don't know much/anything about General McChyrstal but the lack of professionalism indicates that for all his accomplishments he lacks character. I really thought there might be legal proceedings. There have been a few stories about officers of lower rank that were stripped of all benefits for less than this.
LOLs. He did nothing illegal. Or wrong for that matter. The Army or anyone else could not touch him in any way.

Funny, He is against letting gays serve openly in the military. Petraus is for it.

Just Sayin'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 04:12 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I can't find a link--but somewhere I read he might lose a star.

I'm rather surprised that there weren't more extreme consequences.
He's not going to lose a star. An officer needs to stay in rank for a number of years. He won't keep the star or pay.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
I wouldn't want to work for this dirtbag CIC.

Can't blame the General.
I tell you what. You talk about your supervisor and see what happens.

I don't care who the CIC is. He should've brought his concerns to his supervisor. Sir, I don't think ...

Nah, he wanted to talk to an open mic. Never asking the reporter, is this on or off the record.

Thanks for your service General!

Old 06-29-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
I tell you what. You talk about your supervisor and see what happens.

I don't care who the CIC is. He should've brought his concerns to his supervisor. Sir, I don't think ...

Nah, he wanted to talk to an open mic. Never asking the reporter, is this on or off the record.

Thanks for your service General!
Only thing he said about Obama was he wasn't ready for the intial metting he had with him.

If Obama was a man instead of an overgrown child he would have laughed this off.

What the General said was nothing.

President Obama is basing U.S. war policy on Rolling Stone magazine articles. Rolling Stone is a magazine for 20 year old drug addicts that happen to like rock and/or roll music. It would be comical if it weren't so pathetic.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Only thing he said about Obama was he wasn't ready for the intial metting he had with him.

If Obama was a man instead of an overgrown child he would have laughed this off.

What the General said was nothing.

President Obama is basing U.S. war policy on Rolling Stone magazine articles. Rolling Stone is a magazine for 20 year old drug addicts that happen to like rock and/or roll music. It would be comical if it weren't so pathetic.
If POTUS would've ignore the comment, you guys would've call him weak. Like I said, you talk about your boss...see what happens.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:53 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
LOLs. He did nothing illegal. Or wrong for that matter. The Army or anyone else could not touch him in any way.

Funny, He is against letting gays serve openly in the military. Petraus is for it.

Just Sayin'
Apparently something touched him, he lost his job.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Yep, the UCMJ means nothing.
He didn't violate the UCMJ.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
If POTUS would've ignore the comment, you guys would've call him weak. Like I said, you talk about your boss...see happens.
I don't know who "you guys" is?

And I didn't say he should have ignored the comments.

He should of laughed about them.

The fact that he fired this guy for nothing and bases his war policy on a magazine designed for druggies shows he is weak.

People are dying in Afghanistan and the POTUS makes decisions on Rolling Stone articles. Pathetic.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Apparently something touched him, he lost his job.
I was referring to the UCMJ.

If Obama was a man he wouldn't have lost his job. Obama can't stand the slightest little bit of criticism. He's a weakling.

What did this guy say? Obama wasn't prepared for a meeting? LOL.s And Obama fires him for that. Pathetic.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:01 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times
Quote:

Just Sayin'
I guess you understand the military--I don't presume to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies