Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 09:09 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Again who is "you guys" I don't speak for "you guys" whoever they are.

It's a shame. This guy was good General. He was a soldier's soldier, if you will.

Obama fired him because he doesn't support the overturn of Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

And I never ever thought I would see the day when we base our foreign policy on a magazine article that covers rock and/or roll.

Who is "you guys"?
You got a link to that "Don't Ask, Don't tell" or are you just blowing smoke?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 04:24 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
White House to let McChrystal retire with 4 stars

Old 04-19-2011, 08:14 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Looks like I was correct.

I wonder if any of the lefties on this thread would like to apologize.

I said McCrystal was a good General and did not deserve to be fired. That what he said was no big deal.

President Obama fired a General based on an article in Rolling Stone Magazine. Turns out the General didn't do what he was accused of. He saw the chance to get rid of a guy who publicly opposed don't ask, don't tell and trumped up some charges to get rid of him.

The President runs his war policy based on what a magazine that is read mostly by pot heads says.

Here's the article proving me correct.

OhioIstheBest is right and the Lefties are wrong. As usual. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110418/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_mcchrystal_probe - broken link)

P.S. It's interesting reading the comments on here from the lefties. You know, the people that are smarter and more open-minded than everyone else. LMFAO.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You got a link to that "Don't Ask, Don't tell" or are you just blowing smoke?
Nope. Just a theory.

You got any other explanation as we now know the General was fired unjustly and without cause.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Of course you can, Ohio. Sure can.

Fortunately, he did what a great man would do. Fired his azz.

I guess he should've turned the other cheek. Allow him to talk his shyt and continue to do whatever he was doing. Yeah, that's a good plan.
Well apparently he should have turned the other cheek. Since it has been proven Obama was wrong in firing him.

Running war policy based on an article in Rolling Stone Magazine. Yeah, that's a good plan.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
This is what is so unbelievable to me. I don't know much/anything about General McChyrstal but the lack of professionalism indicates that for all his accomplishments he lacks character. I really thought there might be legal proceedings. There have been a few stories about officers of lower rank that were stripped of all benefits for less than this.
I think you meant to say the Commander in Chief lacks character. He is the one running war policy based on magazine articles and not on reality. Not just any magazine, but one aimed at pot heads.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:44 PM

bump

Old 04-20-2011, 08:08 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Weird...usually the leftists are salivating to get the chance to run down someone who DARES to oppose their leader.....

Good call by the way.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Weird...usually the leftists are salivating to get the chance to run down someone who DARES to oppose their leader.....

Good call by the way.
They were quick to jump on here and smear the reputation of General McChrystal.

Now that it has been proven President Obama is so inept that he runs war policy based on a magazine for drug addicts they are nowhere to be found. LOLs.

How.....what's the word I'm looking for?........Predictable.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:57 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I expect that the Palin political machine will pick him up and make him the new darling of the far right. I think a Palin/McChrystal ticket in 2012 will unify the right wing of politics. Depends on if he's malable enough to stay on the right wing message.
Not sure about that. His blunder proves that he's no politician...that's for sure. If he's not smart enough to avoid critisizing the president in public not once, but twice, he'd probably end up sinking his own political career anyway.

The guy needs to find a soft, cushy job somewhere in corporate America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies