Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 08:10 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,280,661 times

Advertisements

Ran across this article and wondered why??? ---Black males' Rampant Joblessness, high drop-out rate, incarceration dooming black community: study | Jet | Find Articles at BNET

Old 07-13-2010, 08:13 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
A true failure of the government supporting women having children out of wedlock. The lack of presence of a father at home is detrimental to society as a whole. The government cannot raise fatherless boys to be men and this is the result.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:43 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
It all comes down to a revolving door of personal irresponsibility. Any person can stop the revolving door, but they choose not to.

Example: My father never knew his father because he left as soon as he found out his girlfriend, my grandmother, was pregnant. My father could have chosen to perpetuate the revolving door when my mother (his girlfriend) got pregnant by leaving her high and dry to raise a child on her own. But did he? No, he married my mother and saw to it that I (and my sister) were raised in a cohesive family. They've been married for nearly 40 years now and both my sister and I are very successful. I attribute most of that to being raised in a solid family environment with a male role model.

Personally, I have no sympathy for the plight of the black community. If my father can stop the revolving door, then so can any other man on this planet.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:56 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,629,899 times
If the black underclass can't see the social cancer that government family programs have inflicted, I can do nothing to help them.

Maybe one day they will wake up and bite the hand that currently feeds them. The aftertaste from that will be the beginning of true freedom.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:01 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
If the black underclass can't see the social cancer that government family programs have inflicted, I can do nothing to help them.

Maybe one day they will wake up and bite the hand that currently feeds them. The aftertaste from that will be the beginning of true freedom.

What should they do?

I think they should move into your neighborhood and apply for jobs where you work.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
What should they do?

I think they should move into your neighborhood and apply for jobs where you work.
They have already done successfully so.

Any more comments that actually have substance?

Or do trite racial comments yet again rule the day?

Old 07-13-2010, 10:06 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,375,961 times
Black immigrants succeed well
They're a hope for the black community in the US !

Old 07-13-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
Black immigrants succeed well
They're a hope for the black community in the US !
Yes, indeed. Some of the most successful blacks in my community are 1st-generation immigrants.

Thanks for a "substantial" comment.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:10 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
A lot of weight of the causation is being placed on out of wedlock births. Yet, society is ignoring that white out of wedlock births have riser faster than black out of wedlock births the last 50 years. Fifty years ago the black out of wedlock birth rate for blacks was around 9% compared to about 2% for whites. That means that the OOWL rate for blacks was over 4 times the rate of whites. Today the black rate is 70% and the white rate is 26%. That means the black rate of OOWL births went from being over 4 times the rate of whites to less than 3 times the rate of whites, which means that the white rate is climbing faster than the black rate, in regards to the secular trend.

In light of that, if OOWL births is at the root of the socioeconomic crisis in the black community, then one should be able to logically expect that the socioeconomic condition of whites is deteriorating at a faster rate than blacks (but is less in absolute numbers), meaning that socioeconomic gaps between blacks and whites should be deteriorating due to the faster rate of increase in OOWL births over the last 50 years in the white population.

What also needs to be noted is that being born out of wedlock does not mean that the child is “fatherless”. I know of plenty of cases where it does….but I also know of plenty of cases where it does not. I know many black men who cohabitate with their children’s mother….but they are not married. Just because a child is born out of wedlock does not mean that they will NEVER have a father figure in the home. I am certainly not going to belittle the importance of a stable family structure as being superior to an unstable family structure. However, marriage, in and of itself, does not create income or promote proper role models. Two irresponsible and unemployed people living together cannot offer child much more than living with one irresponsible and unemployed person. Instead of having one bad role model…..they will just have two. This is not to suggest that most black people are unemployed and or irresponsible, but rather, I am just refuting the belief that marriage can override the problems of individuals. One individual with a lot of problems + another individual with a lot of problems != (does not equal) a family with less problems. Hence, if you increase the number of marriages in America I doubt that you will see a big drop in any socioeconomic statistics......other than OOWL births.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:12 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
They have already done successfully so.

No, I mean all of them. The underclass, I mean.

Quote:
Any more comments that actually have substance?

Or do trite racial comments yet again rule the day?

What about trite racial threads fanned up by trite racists?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies