Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 12:11 PM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
You know what's hilarious to me is that threads like this pop up so we can talk about how horrible black people are. I mentioned on another thread that I was a group of several black organizational ones that focus on improving literacy in test scores for black students and another that helps low-income black students get placed with jobs (both paid and volunteer) that they otherwise wouldn't have access to and I was called a racist. Poster said they couldn't understand the motivation for joining an organization that was specifically black....

I created a thread months and months ago voicing my concerns for lack of entrepreneurship in the black community and was told that I need to get over segregation and worry about the world and not the so-called black community. And then I was called racist....

...so I'm at a loss here. Many of us recognize there is a problem but how we can we fix it if by trying to help each other, we are being racist?

No offense but the only people I know who seem to think those groups have anything to do with black leadership are white people or the media.
My koodo's to you and yours. More of this type of work is needed. I would like to see more media coverage of this type of activity.

Education is the key. The young people in gov't housing need to taught sex education, personal hygene, personal finance as well as getting their GEDs.

Without any of those things they are un-employable and will never get out of the situation they are in.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:26 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
A true failure of the government supporting women having children out of wedlock. The lack of presence of a father at home is detrimental to society as a whole. The government cannot raise fatherless boys to be men and this is the result.

I think blaming it all on the failure of black fathers and the state helping single moms is too simple. If there were no support like that, the situation would not change, men would not behave differently and in the end more women might only be forced to do illegal things to stay alive. After all government programs tend to be launched after a problem is recognized, not before.
Then, let's not forget that a lot of boys raised without a father do become decent people. During wars it has always been women with the help maybe of grandparents etc. who raised the kids, and oftentimes the husband would never return from war.

While it is good to have both parents around, I get the feeling that many conservative people use the situation of some AAs to promote their Christian idea of what life including family life should be like.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:32 PM

932 posts, read 1,677,536 times
I browse the site very often and the main reason I only browse is because all of these topics have been discussed to the point where explaining ourselves falls on dead ears. The OP and others like him have these views and will always have these views not matter how many time we offer solutions, tell them that their are solutions or refute their crazy notions.

I say let the ones with the prejudices live with them. I know what I do with my life, I also know what many other educated blacks do with their life.

People like the OP are scared of the truth.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:38 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
I browse the site very often and the main reason I only browse is because all of these topics have been discussed to the point where explaining ourselves falls on dead ears. The OP and others like him have these views and will always have these views not matter how many time we offer solutions, tell them that their are solutions or refute their crazy notions.

I say let the ones with the prejudices live with them. I know what I do with my life, I also know what many other educated blacks do with their life.

People like the OP are scared of the truth.
No sucha thing as an educated black Miss Celie

Old 07-18-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
No sucha thing as an educated black Miss Celie
Opps, I forgetss sumtimes. The only ones edumacated are Master and the Misses.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:53 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,170 times
No, you do gots a few a dem dere house nigrahs, but they gets shot or lynched on site if they gets too much learnin'.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:57 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
No, you do gots a few a dem dere house nigrahs, but they gets shot or lynched on site if they gets too much learnin'.
well what happens in when u get educated then u no longer black; you either mixed or you african-american

Old 07-18-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
well what happens in when u get educated then u no longer black; you either mixed or you african-american
On my birfs certificate it saids I am African-American, so I guess I was pre-determined to be edumacated and such.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:43 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Celie! You get in the house this instant! Where did you learn to talk like a sharecropper?! Oh my word, this just won't do... after everything your father and I have done to raise you like a respectable young lady... you will have nothing more to do with those awful *****ninnies do you hear me!?

Old 07-18-2010, 03:47 PM

9 posts, read 8,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
A true failure of the government supporting women having children out of wedlock. The lack of presence of a father at home is detrimental to society as a whole. The government cannot raise fatherless boys to be men and this is the result.
A society without men is easier to control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies