Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 07:09 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
another Stormfront thread on City-Data! What a surprise! First of all "racism" is taught because nobody is born with it.
True. I am seeing Dr. King's dream alive and well at work here in Alabama. I work with 3 year old kiddos and being around them is the best way to learn that racist behavior is inherent. These kiddos have no clue about "the difference" beyond the obvious fact that people have different shades of skin. People typically learn racist behavior later on in elementary school and of course, at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You keep insisting that black/white issues are only an American problem.
Red, to dispel the misunderstanding- NO! I do not believe this issue is only an American problem. I happen to be a biracial American, living in America, posting on a forum that is largely frequented by Americans. So I focus on the American angle in issues.

I have lived in places overseas where I saw the exact same dynamic at work, but involving different ethnicities. No, this dynamic I speak of is not exclusive to the American "black/white" issue. I realize that. I just find it relevant and obvious. We are not discussing Sami versus national Norwegian issues on this thread. Or the plight of the Tibetans versus the Chinese. Or the negative perception of gypsies in Eastern Europe. This is largely an American issue forum so when I speak of things, I speak of them thru the lense of an American specific angle.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

Also, left-handedness is largely genetic, and Eastern Europeans and south asians have the highest rates of left-handedness in the world.

Left Handed vs Right Handed

Some Biological Impacts of Left-Handedness (The Southpaw Manifesto)

There is a belief that left-handed people tend to be more intelligent and creative than right-handed people. Because their brains are actually wired differently than right-handed people, because the neurons in their brains developed more strongly in the right hemisphere, which is the part of your brain that controls your language skills(obviously beneficial for politicians, which is probably why Bush had so many problems speaking, he is a righty).

Men are much more likely to be left-handed than women.

But, left-handers tend to have many mental and developmental disorders at higher rates than righties. Which is why the left hand used to be called the "sinister".

Basically, stop pretending we are all the same, cause we are not. So stop expecting to be able to conquer the world, and just focus on being happy.
Focusing on being happy. Good idea

Interesting comments about left handedness. I have worked with a lot of autistic kids and the presence of left handedness seems to be higher than in the general population. Good topic for an entirely new thread actually.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:33 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Sometimes Pastor Manning can go a little overboard, but in this case he might be correct about the Black community in America, and what the white community needs to do. Truth hurts, but this is one solution to racism and forwarding the Black culture in a positive way. There are racists in the White race and the Black race, but I do agree with Pastor Manning here about the "racists" in the Black community and how it is destroying their own.

YouTube - A Call To Arms For White People Of Truth
Eliminating this fool would be a more plausible solution.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:46 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damie View Post
Why stop at the 40's or 50's. While your on this flight of fancy, why not jet pack back 100 more years to good ol Antebellum Slavery? Hell at least than all black people had jobs, and food to eat. They certainly weren't committing crimes then, because they had no autonomy. Clearly slavery was a better deal for them than this failed social experiment called "freedom".

Lets go back even further, like before America was a nation . When black slave masters enslaved blacks in Africa . Muslims invaded North Africa in the 800s, they enslaved blacks and set up black masters to sell to other nations ,including europe later on America .

This bull crap half truth nd lies is what is destroying both our futures . Blacks and whites lose with this division , divided we fall, and the powers who get richer off both of us know this .

Blacks have no friend in race hustlers .

Old 07-01-2010, 10:52 PM

469 posts, read 579,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
People that think blacks had it better pre-Civil Rights don't have a god damn clue. Take a history lesson from someone besides David Duke.
And I would suggest you take a Black History lesson. In the topic of economics the black community in America has definitely had better days.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:03 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
True. I am seeing Dr. King's dream alive and well at work here in Alabama. I work with 3 year old kiddos and being around them is the best way to learn that racist behavior is inherent. These kiddos have no clue about "the difference" beyond the obvious fact that people have different shades of skin. People typically learn racist behavior later on in elementary school and of course, at home.

I watched black and white kids play at n elementary school last year . I sat in the car with our dog because it's against the law to leave them in car alone . It was about 3 hours before hubbys appt, was over with .

I watched recess for all 3 hours .

The kids self segregate . They would play together for a few minutes then they would pair off into racial groups . From kindergarden to 5th grade .

These kids don't know about race not the 5 -8 yr. olds anyway .

Maybe we should spend more time letting people associate with each other instead of pushing them together . We will always be together to some degree because we always have . Just don't push . The right to association is in the Bill of Rights for a reason .

Liberals have destroyed both the black and white familiy pushing women into mens positions even in war . And forcing races together. It has done more damage than good .

Old 07-01-2010, 11:29 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Eliminating this fool would be a more plausible solution.
I disagree because what he is saying is true no matter if it hurts or if your can't swallow the message.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:11 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I disagree because what he is saying is true no matter if it hurts or if your can't swallow the message.
He's the white man's Reverend Wright. Doesn't necessarily make him right!

Old 07-02-2010, 11:15 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
He's the white man's Reverend Wright. Doesn't necessarily make him right!
What parts did you disagree or agree with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies