Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 02:51 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,873,110 times

Advertisements

300 foreign-born U.S. warriors now citizens | robinson, friday, one - News - The Orange County Register

I and many other Americans wish to say welcome to these new citizens.
This is an Honorable and legit way to bestow citizenship to Foreign Nationals that wish to become citizens, these people earned it unlike the millions Obama is trying to reward that haven't.

These brave men and women signed up to fight for the USA not to come over and leach of the system and commmit crime. This is a path to citizenship that is respectfully earned through actions not criminality.

The actions,sacrifice and ambitions of these new Americans are a contribution that deserves our respect and appreciation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 02:59 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Move it to immigration.
We sell citizenship to those who want a better life coming from other countries.
It's not altruistic for anyone or the government.

They get a job, meals, education, etc. And they get citizenship.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:38 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Move it to immigration.
We sell citizenship to those who want a better life coming from other countries.

we may have sold them their citizenship, but they damn well earned it. military service is not easy, nor is it meant to be. but military service is one of the highest forms of service one can do for their country. those that give their lives fighting for their country are among the honored dead.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:43 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,198,730 times
Quote:
Move it to immigration.

Heck, if the number of pro-war armchair warriors from this forum alone all volunteered, there wouldn't be a need to sell citizenship.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:08 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
Move it to immigration.

Perhaps we do. The price payed for said citizenship , I believe, is the point the OP is trying to make. The people who are the intended subject of this thread ponied up in advance. Rather than swim the river, jump the fence, and calve out a kid on this side of the border, then loudly proclaim their new found citizenship, in Espanol' and demand their 'rights', they wore a uniform, carried a weapon, and got shot at. And you wish to cheapen that, and say they are no better than the border jumpers. Pardon me if I disagree with that stance. We sell citizenship you say? Hell, bout 80% of the Mexican 'immigrants' who are here are NOT citizens, and are about to be handed it on a platter, merely because they ARE Mexican and are here, so they figger we owe them. They actually have it better as illegals. Free medical, their kids go to school, they draw other government funded benefits, such as food stamps, and can have it all in Espanol' so they don't even have to learn our language. They can have a job on top of it all, and get said job before a citizen. Yea yea, they do the jobs nobody else will aye? Like construction? Guess what I swim in turds and other nastyness for a living gal. So, I don't want to here THAT out house excrement. They work cheap? Really? Ever hear of the Farm workers Union? yea, they don't care about the money and will work for soooo much less than a guy like me. There is NOTHING you can say that can contradict what I'm saying here. If a person from another country, any country, joins our military as a path to citizenship I say they are all right,and 110% better than the border jumping parasites who are over running this country and sucking us dry, while waving signs and exercising 'rights' they never earned, and do not appreciate.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:50 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Good for them. They earned it for enlisting to defend our nation.
This July 4 celebration will be extra special for them.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:53 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
they kept their part of the bargain.
they earned it.
congratulation.
however i am concerned that my country continues to rent courage with promises of citizenship.
isnt that what rome did with the goths?

Old 07-03-2010, 06:04 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Isn't military service one of the "paths to citizenship" outlined in the Dream Act?

Old 07-03-2010, 06:40 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,229,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
300 foreign-born U.S. warriors now citizens | robinson, friday, one - News - The Orange County Register

I and many other Americans wish to say welcome to these new citizens.
This is an Honorable and legit way to bestow citizenship to Foreign Nationals that wish to become citizens, these people earned it unlike the millions Obama is trying to reward that haven't.

These brave men and women signed up to fight for the USA not to come over and leach of the system and commmit crime. This is a path to citizenship that is respectfully earned through actions not criminality.

The actions,sacrifice and ambitions of these new Americans are a contribution that deserves our respect and appreciation.
Good point of view, and I agree with you.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:50 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,425,730 times
Quote:
Move it to immigration.

They also get to stand in the way when the fast bullets fly. And for that I'd happily hold the door open for them to come on in. They also get social security numbers so they can be taxed and contribute to the system like everyone else.

Lets not forget the Irish in the 1860's who carved the same path during the civil war. Get off the boat, get a uniform and a gun and if you make it out alive we'll let you work on the railroad. And many, many chose that option. This is not new and it is not going away I'm just happy these people are willing to risk their lives for their new country and they should benefit from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies