Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 12:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,601,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Good post. HHA Fed guidelines should be on par. Again the right wing nuts looking to blame Obama for anything are jumping the gun; jumping to conclusions about laws that aren't even in effect.
Well Arus, I will say that I have learned something based on the public backlash (and not just right wing either) that hit the press.

I wasn't aware that state funded abortion guidelines were sometimes more lenient than the Fed guidelines. I assumed that states abided by the Fed guidelines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 12:27 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,280,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well Arus, I will say that I have learned something based on the public backlash (and not just right wing either) that hit the press.

I wasn't aware that state funded abortion guidelines were sometimes more lenient than the Fed guidelines. I assumed that states abided by the Fed guidelines.

Which is why I think that because of this bill, a big loose end will be covered and no questions asked.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:31 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,712,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
He is a known liar, scam artist and was trained to con people.
This pretty much describes any politician, from the office of the President on down. This could apply to Obama, Bush II, Clinton, Bush I or Reagan.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:52 PM

27,219 posts, read 46,814,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
This may shock some and **** off others, however, I am TOTALLY in favor of tax payer abortions. I am, by definition a "staunch conservative." Bordering on the facism side. That aside, the less people in this country (world) the less problems we have. There has been studies, although slammed, put down, etc which link Roe V Wade to less violent crimes. Therefore, I do not have ANY problem with my tax dollar going for abortion. In fact, I wish MORE people would have abortions. Would save ALL of us problems in the future.

Legalized abortion and crime effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I think you are wrong...you should have stated that you are in favor of preventing to get pregnant! JMO!

I'm not against abortus neither am I a fan of abortus. To explain it a little more...

If a person get's raped I don't think the person should live the rest of her life looking at a child that remembers the person of the rapist, but than again there is a morning after pill which can prevent a lot too.

If a fetus is very sick I'm in favor of abortus...

In all other cases girls/woman should have the chance or possibility of taking a birth control medication to prevent getting pregnant and having the need for an abortion. JMO!

Old 07-16-2010, 04:04 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,228,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
This may shock some and **** off others, however, I am TOTALLY in favor of tax payer abortions. I am, by definition a "staunch conservative." Bordering on the facism side. That aside, the less people in this country (world) the less problems we have. There has been studies, although slammed, put down, etc which link Roe V Wade to less violent crimes. Therefore, I do not have ANY problem with my tax dollar going for abortion. In fact, I wish MORE people would have abortions. Would save ALL of us problems in the future.

Legalized abortion and crime effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
But, gosh Mr. Phil306, what are the chances of losing that person, that sweet goldilocks girl or stud mutt dude... you know, the cheerleader who always cheered the team on to victory and that quarterback no defense could ever stop. Together they win state championships year after year after year.... They make us cry tears of joy and make us want to stay in high school forever. And you want to put them on the government funded doctor's chopping block.

Phil306... I DO NOT GIVE A DAMN HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT ABORTION.

But by the Gawdz, you do NOT have my money to fund a government operated abortion practice. Unless it's to rid us of this current Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies