Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 05:01 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
o my own research

i do my own research, and many of the things that beck is putting out i learned in school back in the 60's and 70' when real history was being taught, and when the math teacher asked what 2+2 was, and if you answered 5, they didnt say "that is a good effort" rather they looked at you like you had three heads and asked why you were being stupid. back then we learned to read, write, do math, learned geography, etc. we didnt have all the liberal programs then that are getting in the way of learning today. we didnt have the book, joey has two daddys crap. we were taught HOW to think in school not what to think.

Jethro Tull, Living in the Past
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 07:49 AM

108 posts, read 99,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
The truth hurts doesn't it? So you must suppress those that speak some of it?
Beck caters to the dumbed down Reality TV types ..

He's the Rush Limbaugh TV host for the disgruntled masses.

Great acting and perhaps a small grain of truth and reality wrapped up in a big pile of shyte.

Throw in some underlying racist themes and bingo .. another dose of Reality TV for the nimbled minded.

Has any Major or Creditible news source EVER endorsed anything this man has ever said as creditible?

Got to admire Beck and Sarah Pahlin for fleecing thier following for every dime thier willing to give though. They won't die poor that for sure.

Stupidity loves company lol.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:03 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Dem_PA View Post

Beck has a radio show as well. And his listenership is growing. As for the "dumbed down" audience, you are so very wrong.

While Beck has a TV show - he also has the 3rd largest radio show as well.

OBTW, he is a #1 Best selling author as well. He is a high demand key note speaker and commands a minimum of $200,000 for a speakers fee (although he often donates his fee back or to a charity)

Great acting and perhaps a small grain of truth and reality wrapped up in a big pile of shyte.

More than a "grain of truth", Beck researches issues /items before talking about them. And in the case he errored (which he does once in a while), he readily admits the error and then corrects the error.

Throw in some underlying racist themes and bingo .. another dose of Reality TV for the nimbled minded.

While Beck may speak of race, he is not even close to being a racist.

Has any Major or Creditible news source EVER endorsed anything this man has ever said as creditible?

Yes

Old 07-20-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Dude .. you REALLY need to get a clue lol.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:01 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:

Got to admire Beck and Sarah Pahlin for fleecing thier following for every dime thier willing to give though. They won't die poor that for sure.

Stupidity loves company lol.
I will take it for granted that you didn't know about me before you called me stupid and dumbed down. I really want to warn you that I am tired of that kind of talk that so many direct right at me without using my name.

As for those news sources you speak of agreeing with Beck, how many do you know who have disproved anything he said? I don't know of any that didn't have to do some spinning and twisting to get it done. I guess you are including Media Matters in your creditable sources of news, huh.

I don't think from what you say here that you have ever watched Beck. One of the most vociferous posters here in the anti-Beck group says he doesn't have Fox on his cable service. How about you? In case you ever want to check Beck out, for yourself, you can see him any time of day at Moderator cut: excessive linking to this show. I suggest this so you can see for yourself without reading all those creditable sources of news, like Media Matters.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-22-2010 at 01:02 AM..

Old 07-20-2010, 09:05 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I think that the dumbing down process has worked very well for George Soros on the person you are talking to. This is obviously one of those people who knows nothing about Beck that hasn't come from Media Matters, CAP, or some other Soros funded source. Arguing with those who really don't know Beck because they have never seen him, well maybe that 5 minutes they say they can stand, but are so willing to take the words of the aforementioned "creditable" news sources.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think that the dumbing down process has worked very well for George Soros on the person you are talking to. This is obviously one of those people who knows nothing about Beck that hasn't come from Media Matters, CAP, or some other Soros funded source. Arguing with those who really don't know Beck because they have never seen him, well maybe that 5 minutes they say they can stand, but are so willing to take the words of the aforementioned "creditable" news sources.
When Newsweek/Time Magazine or ANY Major Newspaper or CNN or some source of a viable/creditable News Agency with creditable Reporters who ACTUALLY RESEARCH thier facts backs up ANYTHING that lunitic says as CREDITABLE then I'll watch his program.

I truly feel sorry for people like you. I am Christian and White and I FIND Glen Beck the MOST repugnent and racist individual this side of Rush Limbaugh.

BOTH of whom make a TON money misleading people into thinking they are ANY TRUE source of verifiable national or political news.

You Sir have been duped and I know your kind well. I've got older family members who ALSO buy into the Rush/Beck source.

Like I said DUMBED down News and Entertainment for the nimble minded.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:59 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
When Newsweek/Time Magazine or ANY Major Newspaper or CNN or some source of a viable/creditable News Agency with creditable Reporters who ACTUALLY RESEARCH thier facts backs up ANYTHING that lunitic says as CREDITABLE then I'll watch his program.

I truly feel sorry for people like you. I am Christian and White and I FIND Glen Beck the MOST repugnent and racist individual this side of Rush Limbaugh.

BOTH of whom make a TON money misleading people into thinking they are ANY TRUE source of verifiable national or political news.

You Sir have been duped and I know your kind well. I've got older family members who ALSO buy into the Rush/Beck source.

Like I said DUMBED down News and Entertainment for the nimble minded.
how about you do this, listen to glenn beck for two weeks. hear what he has to say, and then check into what he says, and try to debunk what he says. if you can, then come back here and make cogent arguments as to why beck is wrong, and show your proof. and also contact beck and send him those same arguments. there have been times when beck has been proven wrong and he went on the TV show and said so.

but until you actually listen to the person you are hating, you can make all the claims you want, but you will still be wrong. talking points mean nothing, evidence does, and beck does his research.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:27 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
You Sir have been duped and I know your kind well.
Before I can even think about having any meaningful dialogue with you, there are a couple of questions I'd like to ask you - and ask you to please, answer them HONESTLY:

1) Have you ever listened to Beck for more than 2 to 3 minutes?

2) How often, if any, have you listened to Beck?

3) If the answer to #2 is yes - for how long: a few minutes each time; a whole show; etc

4) Have you watched his shows? (note "listened" v "watched")

Old 07-20-2010, 11:29 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Why did Beck empathize on his Monday show that there were zero mentions of Jesus on the Faith America site? Why would that be important for a multi-Faith group, particularly since there are also no mention of other religious figures on the site? Was Beck trying to distort what Faith America is about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies