Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2010, 08:21 PM

23,591 posts, read 17,269,743 times

Advertisements

Why is this thread not in the history forum?

Obama and his 'beleivers' are revelling in the decision to run against Bush in the 2010 and 2012 elections while the rest us of us see GWB as history.

Obama is an enigma who campaigns against Bush on Bill Clinton's record.

Obama and his lap dogs are reliving history. We don't need backward looking leaders stumbling into the futrue.

Check out congress and the senate for those that avoided the draft in the VN era.

If you call GWB a coward you best be prepared to call most of America's VN age draft registered men, cowards. Include the draft lottery winners as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 09:07 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,551,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
How does one "transfer" from one guard unit to another guard unit without first being in a unit?
You have your Daddy call the CO of the unit, then you arrange a "transfer" to a unit that you never report to.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:08 PM

57,388 posts, read 26,302,134 times
I don’t see how some can say that Bush didn’t dodge the draft when he was accepted into the National Guard the same day he applied. Normally the waiting list for the National Guard was well over a year. Do you think he had some connections to avoid the draft? Rather surprising that his father was a war veteran but I guess this would give Bush junior at least the appearance of having served honorably.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:47 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,282,843 times
I thought we were done bashin Bush a couple of years ago.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:17 PM

59,252 posts, read 27,425,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don’t see how some can say that Bush didn’t dodge the draft when he was accepted into the National Guard the same day he applied. Normally the waiting list for the National Guard was well over a year. Do you think he had some connections to avoid the draft? Rather surprising that his father was a war veteran but I guess this would give Bush junior at least the appearance of having served honorably.
Wrong. I got my draft notice, Christmas Eve 1966 and contacted the Air National Guard. They told me they had opennings available.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:21 PM

24,514 posts, read 33,347,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Because a draft dodger is one who is ordered to report to the draft board after receiving a notice to do so and fails to report.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:22 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,220,957 times
Bush served in the military and is an official Vietnam era veteran. End of story.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:30 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,336,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Why is it a mute point? If a military record is important than BO's failure to obtain one should be held against him. I have a military record without a draft, and wouldn't have been drafted anyway. If I can get in the military, so can BO.

I see that you have a probelm with the current administration regardless of the fact that partisan politics have nothing to do with this post. Where does it say in the constitution that the president has to serve in the military? This post is about Bush getting strings pulled so that he would not go to vietnam and then not ACTIVELY fulfilling his obligation while serving(?). Nothing more, nothing less so bringing up someone elses military service or lack of it is unnecessary.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Wrong. I got my draft notice, Christmas Eve 1966 and contacted the Air National Guard. They told me they had opennings available.
I bet that you were enlisted. Bush was suppose to be an officer with no real skill

Old 08-25-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Why is this thread not in the history forum?

Obama and his 'beleivers' are revelling in the decision to run against Bush in the 2010 and 2012 elections while the rest us of us see GWB as history.

Obama is an enigma who campaigns against Bush on Bill Clinton's record.

Obama and his lap dogs are reliving history. We don't need backward looking leaders stumbling into the futrue.

Check out congress and the senate for those that avoided the draft in the VN era.

If you call GWB a coward you best be prepared to call most of America's VN age draft registered men, cowards. Include the draft lottery winners as well.
NO ONE in american history EVER avoided going to war by pretending to enlist and did nothing while "serving" and than manage to start an illegal war years later. As I mentioned in an earlier post Bush is a coward for PRETENDING to serve. I would have respected him more if he just would have dodged the draft altogether. This post has NOTHING to do with political affilation! So why do you Bush apologist keep bringing up other people? As far as history is concerned, since many of you have never served in the military you cannot possibly understand where I'm coming from. Bush and his family have manipulated the military system for their own benefit and as a REAL veteran I'm pizzed off! The other thing that many of you have not taken into consideration is the fact that the slot that bush took in the guard was one taken from someone else who might of ended up going to the very same place that goofball avoided in the first place. Who is to say how that person's life turned out if he had not been "bumped" by bush
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies