Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 05:13 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Some people hate is so strong they will never accept the truth that Bush served in th Guard earned an Honorable discharge.
......THAT HE DID NOT EARN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
My problem is all these accusations you have continued to post which have been de-bunked long ago.

I have problems with people who admit there is nothing in the Constitution about a President having to serve in the military but continue to carry on about one President's record of that which you earlier admitted wasn't necessary.

I do not believe partisan politics have nothing to do with this post. If those who allegedly skipped out on Vietnam really disturbed you you'd be bringing up draft dodgers Clinton and Biden. Do you think Biden's draft dodging should have kept him from being VP?

No One on this post has yet to answer the questions that I posed on post #212. So as far as I'm concerned NOTHING has been "debunked"

As for the record, I never really touched upon those who "skipped" on going to war, but like I mentioned before I do have a probelm with the individual who bumps someone else from serving and then never fulfills their commitment.

Are you related to Bush or something?

Old 08-27-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Nothing has really been resolved other than the fact that records were lost. Legally he served but to believe there were not greater powers at work here is truly naive. Clinton played the system as did Cheney who gave new meaning to the word deferment (he was one of the great military leaders supposedly?) I don't agree what any of them did but Bush was different.

I can just see him standing on the aircraft carrier deck like a 2 year old dressed up on haloween suit announcing mission accomplished. Unfortunately that was not the case for the real soldiers.
Considering many brave men and women lost their lives b/c of his incompentency. Let me explain to the misinformed, if Bush had at least completed his officer training he would have known NEVER to taunt the enemy (as what he did on the battleship) and he would have listened more to people who knew more about the actual fighting than Cheney or Rummy

Old 08-27-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Hello Hello Hello OUT there...earth to caller....Bush in no longer the Pres. did anyone not tell you? Sorry to break the news.
How about explaining that to the 100,000 Iraqians and 5,000 servicemen and women they died b/c of his stupidity

Old 08-27-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Nobody's denying that Bush did not serve.
Not true! I deny that Bush served! What bush did was sign up, that is by not serving honorably

Old 08-27-2010, 06:51 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Considering many brave men and women lost their lives b/c of his incompentency. Let me explain to the misinformed, if Bush had at least completed his officer training he would have known NEVER to taunt the enemy (as what he did on the battleship) and he would have listened more to people who knew more about the actual fighting than Cheney or Rummy
I agree entirely war is not a game or a photo op on an aircraft carrier and that is why I have a deep issue with someone who portays himself as a soldier when that was the farthest thing from the truth. He lead us down the path to the longest war in US history and he didn't have the intelligence or the understanding to know what war really means.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I agree entirely war is not a game or a photo op on an aircraft carrier and that is why I have a deep issue with someone who portays himself as a soldier when that was the farthest thing from the truth. He lead us down the path to the longest war in US history and he didn't have the intelligence or the understanding to know what war really means.
The fact remains that if he had attended all of his drills he would have learned or had at least an idea the true mechanics of how war is run. Did you know that officers in his position go to a form of training (class) called War College? There they teach REAL officers how to be leaders and how past great leaders operate doing a time of war. Since he rarely went to drill he skipped out on this training

The truely sad thing is that there are people that never served and follow this fool religiously without fail. When questions arise that they cannot explain they deflect to the current administration (which would not exist if the previous one had did their job correctly) or the Clinton administration which has absolutely nothing to do with this post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies