Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2010, 05:16 PM

20 posts, read 10,536 times

Advertisements

First of all, im a liberal and i voted for Obama.

Now... many republicans say it's going to be easy to win the power back in November. I truly do not know what is going to happen, but IF the republicans do not win, what is going to happen then?

Play along with me now, November came and went. Republicans did not win back the power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 05:18 PM

382 posts, read 302,834 times
Well it depends on what does happen. Do the Republicans win enough seats to block the destructive polices and bills Obama wants passed or do they lose or retain the seats they have? If they lose seats then I wouldn't worry to much Obama will have destroyed the country by November of next year. If they do win they I expect Obama to consider them Terrorists and assassinate them like he is doing American Citizens already.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:22 PM

20 posts, read 10,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHoss14 View Post
Well it depends on what does happen. Do the Republicans win enough seats to block the destructive polices and bills Obama wants passed or do they lose or retain the seats they have? If they lose seats then I wouldn't worry to much Obama will have destroyed the country by November of next year. If they do win they I expect Obama to consider them Terrorists and assassinate them like he is doing American Citizens already.

Let's say winning is minimal.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:40 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
I do not know of one single Rep who believes they will take back complete power this election cycle. It could happen but for most people we feel they house will go back to Rep control and the Senate in 2012.

It wont be the end of the world if it does not happen this election cycle. I know that is NOT what you want to hear but we all know that by 2012 Obama will be gone and the rep will have taken back control of the WH and congress.

You got your answer, sorry you wont have anything left to whine about now that I explained to you that you have no clue how others are thinking.

We need just enough votes to stop the radical transformation of America by a radical Presidunce and this radical dem controlled congress.

Both of which are the worst in American political history.

42% consider themselves conservative and is growing!!!!
32% moderate
and a lowly
20% liberal ( Not many of you left thank goodness ) and is shrinking!!!!
6% undecided

Old 07-19-2010, 06:13 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
If the {R}s can gain 6 seats in the Senate they can gridlock any legislation and our country will be at peace.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:18 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,886 times
The joke is on us that "something will happen" regardless of who wins, the same BS will ensue. Status quo as members of both parties continue to not care about us after they get the votes.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:19 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughh_Mondays View Post
First of all, im a liberal and i voted for Obama.

Now... many republicans say it's going to be easy to win the power back in November. I truly do not know what is going to happen, but IF the republicans do not win, what is going to happen then?

Play along with me now, November came and went. Republicans did not win back the power.

Does it really matter,we're getting screwed by BOTH parties anyways! All we keep doing is shifting the blame back and forth ever few years. People want real "Change" than we need an Independent with business experience!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies