Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 01:55 PM

860 posts, read 2,207,335 times

Advertisements

Trying to work with the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 01:56 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,388,670 times
Quote:
What has been the biggest mistake of Barrack Obama since he was sworn into office?

Not resigning for incompetence

Old 07-21-2010, 03:28 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,080,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Every time he reached out to the republicans he got his hand slapped.

Fortunately he had the strength behind him to ride roughshod over the naysayers. If they don't want to talk, no problem.
The Republicans have opposed Obama because his policies are terrible. When the majority of the people in this Country are opposed to his policies because they are so bad and, frankly, mostly against the Constitution, there's a message in that. However, Obama is apparently hard of hearing, narcissistic, an ego maniac and so self-centered he thinks the "Chicago" way (shove it down your throat and you swallow it or I will hurt you) is just fine. Unfortunately, for him, the "Chicago" way only works in Chicago. U.S. citizens are a whole lot smarter than that! If it is wrong for the country...we will stand up and oppose it or reverse/rescind it at first chance.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:30 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,309,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I thnik that there are not near enough people with any cofisdence in Obama any more and in two eyars they will satrt to see what his actions really mean in their lifes.
I think that millions of them will see through much of Obama in January 2011 when they see what happens to their income taxes because of Obamacare. It is going to be joyous to see the reactions of so many who don't know what is coming.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:35 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,309,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberleutnant View Post
Trying to work with the GOP.
Is there a chance that you have some proof of his attempts to work with the GOP Congress people? I remember when he told them it was his way or the highway and that if they wouldn't go along the Dems would do his things without the GOP. That wasn't too far into his term. I want to work with you but you have to do things I want done in order to get me to go along.

I think that you failed to see what really happened back then.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:47 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,988,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
I, also, believe that if we do not stop all BO's agenda we will end up a 3rd world country.

I also fear that if BO loses the 2012 election, we will see the worst rioting in our streets we have ever seen with screaming of "racist" thrown out. If and when that happens I will remind all that when a white person loses an election for President, that has never happened. Hope I'm wrong, but...

Well if you feel that way you might want to batten down the hatches. I doubt he will serve any 2nd term. The only way he might is to give amnesty to the illegals who will then be all to happy to vote for him.

I think he will end as a lame duck one time serving himself sort of guy. If then there is any rioting, it will mark of a decade before any black man has a shot again at the top job of this Nation.

That would be too bad.

But it will be no worse than spending us to death which all it does is lower the value of the dollar. You can print as many useless dollars as you want, but the value of them decreases.

A case in point is that I do a bit of silver smithing. When the price of gasoline went to apx $3.38 as it did, a pre 1964 90% silver 25 cent piece, the quarter dollar was worth $3.38.

That means gasoline didn't go up, but the dollar fell. I am old enough to remember gasoline at $0.27 cents a gallon.

There is no silver backing up dollars and no gold either. There is nothing back up dollars at all, and any time the Feds want they can call it a end deal. just useless paper. That has happened many times even in American History. If you happen to have any orange dollar bills they are useless as cash, also silver certificates are as well and the Untied States Note to boot.

There has been no real money paper notes since the last year 1957. The simple fact is we peasants are not to be trusted with real money.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:47 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,653,551 times
Believing in bipartisanship. You can't expect to work with a party that's made it clear they don't want you to succeed.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:28 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,324,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
When 95% of a group votes for someone I think that is an overwhelming number. I guess that is my conservative reasoning, though.
You cannot talk fact and numbers to an Obamabot.

If 95% of non minority would have voted for McCain and said they did because he was white you would have seen this country turned upside down.

For some reason the dems here cannot find a single accomplishment of the dme party which includes Obama and cannot defend all the major mistakes Obama has made.

To me, he seems to make a mistake or makes a poor decision almost daily.

He has problems making good sound decisions on anything and has made a number of poor decisions that has hurt our country.

For example: He decided to have the KSM trials in NYC, then when he found that the majority of us were against that he flip flopped on it and now it seems to be a dead issue. He made a huge mistake in planning on it being held in NYC and the people cleaned his clock on it.

He does this almost every single day. Poor decisions, lack of decisions and mistakes is what he is all about.

The HC bill was a mistake and we will find out in a few months just how big of a mistake it was.

The Financial Reform bill is another mistake because of all the hidden BS in the bill.

Not responding correctly to the Oil Spill was a major mistake.

The list is endless.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:35 PM

1,013 posts, read 911,638 times
Quote:
What has been the biggest mistake of Barrack Obama since he was sworn into office?
Taking office?

But really who else could have done it better. They would have all pretty much did the same thing. He's a puppet fyi so others can just take his place.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:52 PM

22 posts, read 29,981 times
Obama's ABSOLUTE BIGGEST MISTAKE was somehow Believing, Hoping, Dreaming, that the Republicans would have ever worked with him on BIPARTISANSHIP. He gave these Republicans the "benefit of doubt" that after TAKING our country to the TOILET in the last 8 years, they may have learned something.

That was his biggest mistake as President. Thank God he FINALLY UNDERSTANDS & BELIEVES what millions of democrats and Independents have said all along, " You CANNOT WORK with a GROUP of politicians who are beholden to a base of Fanatical Right wing zealots. IMPOSSIBLE".

George Bush had ZERO MANDATE when he came in 2000. In fact, was the 1st President ever in 100 long years to ever LOSE the Popular Vote. Probably would have never been President IF not for the Republican Majority Supreme Court. But George Bush & Dick Cheney DID It THEIR WAY FROM DAY ONE!
Mandate or No Mandate they DID it their right wing way until the ultimate near collapse of the entire US economy in September 2008.

While President Obama had 100% FULL MANDATE! A LANDSLIDE VICTORY BOTH ELECTORALLY & THE POPULAR VOTE. So why in the world should he EVER need Permission from Republicans.

He was voted into power by a landslide ! So he should do what the american majority voted him to do. Healtcare reform, YES. Financial Reform, YES !

"ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES. MY FELLOW REPUBLICANS IN CONGRESS CANNOT SEEM TO COMPREHEND THAT WE LOST, THEY WON! WE HAVE NO RIGHT NOR MANDATE TO KEEP FORCING OUR AGENDA." by Republican Senator Lindsey Graham, July 20, 2010
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies