Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 01:16 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,320,556 times

Advertisements

What's also interesting about HAMP is that it's allowing banks to deny modifications for those who have substantial equity in their homes. This way, a foreclosure will present a fantastic means of recouping losses from having to rewrite homes. Since I had substantial equity, after the first denial and having to reapply, I learned that I needed to hide all possible assets to prevent another denial. Unfortunately, the banks are very slippery and are using any possible reason to deny those who are not underwater in order to get a quick foreclosure moving along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 01:36 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,110,915 times
I have no job, I have a low pay job, I have a job that I might not have next year, I can't verify anything, I take no responsibility for any of my actions. But Barney Frank and Chris Dodd said I'm entitled to own a house. I buy a house I can't afford. I don't make mortgage payments. I lose the house in foreclosure. The banks made me do it. It's Bushes fault.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:43 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,363,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
You do know all those predatory loans were given out during the bush admin after W took the reigns off of big banks,..

Predatory loans....were those the ones where the bank held a gun to the borrower's head at the closing table?

Hint: subprime lending was in existance well before Bush took office but don't let facts get in the way of your moonbat "blame Bush" rhetoric.....

Old 07-21-2010, 02:03 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,242,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
No Dems forced banks to give loans to unqualified buyers! I distinctly recall an article in the Orange County Register back in about 2002 or 2003 than said deregulation was allowing banks to go after people with "cash only incomes and no credit scores", meaning illegal immigrants. They preyed on people who didn't understand home mortgages and put them in homes with inflated prices with loans that would jump up after a year or two where the people would no way be able to afford the payments. The banks bought their deregulation and then used it to line their pockets until the bubble burst.
Your looking at this backwards.. Did Dems FORCE banks to provide loans? Of course not.. Did Dems ENTICE banks to give loans? ABSOLUTELY.. When Fannie/Freddie guarantees a loan that you just gave, why would you not loan it out and collect the fees?

Old 07-21-2010, 03:24 PM

5,319 posts, read 9,001,185 times
Default San Diego foreclosures lowest in 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Gov't watchdogs: mortgage program is not working - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Bailout-watchdog-calls-apf-1527849934.html?x=0 - broken link)

This program was destined to fail, due to the fact that many of those losing their homes shouldn't have been homeowners in the first place. They were granted a mortgage based on inadequate income and poor credit history and the fact they couldn't afford the home from the outset, but why should those little details get in the way of giving everyone a home of their own?
Mortgage program not working .... hmmmm?

San Diego foreclosures lowest in 3 years - SignOnSanDiego.com

Quote:
San Diego County had fewer mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the second quarter than it has had in the past three years, according to a report released today by MDA DataQuick, a real-estate research firm based in La Jolla.
Countywide, 5,458 homes went into default during the second quarter, a 45 percent drop from the total of 9,866 during the same period of last year. That’s the lowest number since the second quarter of 2007, just as the county was slipping into recession.
Foreclosures dropped 6 percent from 3,518 in the second quarter of 2009 to 3,315.
Don't you just hate it when obstacles such as "the facts" get in your way?

Old 07-21-2010, 03:25 PM

San Diego = the United States?

Old 07-21-2010, 04:22 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,822,056 times
"Bush's fault" is the only response heard from the left.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:29 PM

45,582 posts, read 60,888,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

Don't you just hate it when obstacles such as "the facts" get in your way?

Obama's Home Affordable "HAMP" Program A Failure; Another Huge Wave Of Foreclosures Coming

HAMP Drops More Applicants Than It Helps With Mortgage Modifications

Homeowners Say HAMP Program Left Them Hanging - cbs5.com (http://cbs5.com/consumer/HAMP.trial.loan.2.1651127.html - broken link)

Old 07-21-2010, 04:40 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,029,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
I have no job, I have a low pay job, I have a job that I might not have next year, I can't verify anything, I take no responsibility for any of my actions. But Barney Frank and Chris Dodd said I'm entitled to own a house. I buy a house I can't afford. I don't make mortgage payments. I lose the house in foreclosure. The banks made me do it. It's Bushes fault.
I think that just about sums it up.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Obama's Home Affordable "HAMP" Program A Failure; Another Huge Wave Of Foreclosures Coming

HAMP Drops More Applicants Than It Helps With Mortgage Modifications

Homeowners Say HAMP Program Left Them Hanging - cbs5.com (http://cbs5.com/consumer/HAMP.trial.loan.2.1651127.html - broken link)
b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but San Diego!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies