Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 04:52 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,765,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
You do know all those predatory loans were given out during the bush admin after W took the reigns off of big banks,..
Actually started under Clinton, but you are so right, was stupid of the Bush adminstration for sure. So, uh, uh, uh uh uh uh, what is Obama doing but continuing the insanity by drainining our tax dollars to shore up Freddie and Fannie who still give out insane loans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 04:55 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,765,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I think that just about sums it up.
Or my personal favorite is the stupid lender that lent a couple making $14,000 a year $750,000 for a box in L.A. Yep. So we need to help morons like this?

Old 07-21-2010, 05:02 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,850,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
What's also interesting about HAMP is that it's allowing banks to deny modifications for those who have substantial equity in their homes. This way, a foreclosure will present a fantastic means of recouping losses from having to rewrite homes. Since I had substantial equity, after the first denial and having to reapply, I learned that I needed to hide all possible assets to prevent another denial. Unfortunately, the banks are very slippery and are using any possible reason to deny those who are not underwater in order to get a quick foreclosure moving along.
How do you hide assets/

Old 07-21-2010, 05:07 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,467,469 times
Yes there were a lot of bad loans, out there, we all know that. But when i was in real estate for over 15 years, sorry to say this, but here it go's there are some couples out there, that have to have the BIGGEST HOUSE OUT THERE, VACATION HOMES TO BOOT, and they hardly qualified for these homes. Some of these couple buying a second home, knew they would have trouble with the mortgage, but oh yes still went ahead with the deals. Not in all cases, somtimes couples had bad credit problems. Not excusing the bad loans that went out there, there were plenty of them to go around and still happening. But so many times, why is it that People want and have to have, that they cannot afford. So many of these homeowners who lost their homes, were given mortgages based on a inadequate income and a poor credit history, lenders should have known better, this is a disaster in the making. Knew this program would not work.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:58 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,850,195 times
Quote:
They (wells fargo) tell you that you have nothing to worry about by falling further and further behind with the diff between the trial payment and the old payment, but forums postings on loansafe mentioned to not do this because you could be a foreclosure risk. Play the game and stay in this time range. Even if HAMP is denied, and you sell your hidden physical commodities to "catch up" within 30 days, you're good to go and your credit is reinstated. Worked fine for me, although my payment savings is only about 30%, or $400/month, but it's permanent. HAMP is easiest if your investor is Freddie Mac, which mine was.

Plus, I get to see if the federal class action against WF will yield me some more money, but this may take years to finish up.
Good to know Obama has helped you so much. He's fightin' to help people just like you, everywhere. God Bless.

George Bush gave me this job, indirectly, but still.

It's in Iraq. BUt hey, it's a job. It pays the bills and my family has a place to sleep at night, food to eat and to be honest, we ain't doing bad.

I remember bitching about something George bush related to a friend of mine over here and he said, "Say what you will, but George Bush is the best thing that ever happened to me and my family."

And he was right, too.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,595,619 times
So rework mortgage payments for people who can't afford their mortgages and they still can't afford their mortgages and I'm supposed to be surprised ?

I didn't think it would work to being with. Those folks didn't need a rework, they needed a much cheaper home and mortgage or to rent.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:33 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,307,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
How do you hide assets/
Physical assets and IRAs cannot be counted in deriving HAMP assets. The former because, well, the bank just don't know about it, and the latter is prohibited by the stipulations of the program. I can withdrawl from the IRA afterwards penalty free because I can claim educational expenses such as room and board (figuring that I would pay myself rent since I own). Owning precious metals helps also. You just can't do a lot of depositing or withdrawing while on HAMP, so you stage your accounts before doing it.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:36 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,478,768 times
Banks, F&F, and the idiots signing on the dotted lines were allowing up to 45% of homeowners GROSS income to go towards mortgage payments. Thats crazy in itself.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:16 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,003,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Mortgage program not working .... hmmmm?

San Diego foreclosures lowest in 3 years - SignOnSanDiego.com

Don't you just hate it when obstacles such as "the facts" get in your way?
Yeah, let's not let the facts get in the way of your one example in San Diego.

Have you heard about this?

Foreclosure Rate: Americans On Pace For 1 MILLION Foreclosures In 2010

Foreclosure Rate: Americans On Pace For 1 MILLION Foreclosures In 2010

MORE than what happened in 2009.

I smell desperation.

I'll see you San Diego and raise you Oregon;

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/i...e_falls_2.html

Oregon foreclosure rate leaps 20 percent, leaving the state No. 3 in the country

Old 07-21-2010, 07:19 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,003,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Obama's Home Affordable "HAMP" Program A Failure; Another Huge Wave Of Foreclosures Coming

HAMP Drops More Applicants Than It Helps With Mortgage Modifications

Homeowners Say HAMP Program Left Them Hanging - cbs5.com (http://cbs5.com/consumer/HAMP.trial.loan.2.1651127.html - broken link)
I don't think he can handle the truth.

Quote:
b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but San Diego!
Yes, as long as San Diego is doing well, to hell with the rest of the nation.

Epic, classic FAIL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies