Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 12:51 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,402,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I am very disappointed that Obama reacted as he thought some right wing Moderator cut: language expected him to. The problem is that Obama is way too diplomatic and Centrist for what should have come into the White House following the Bush Crime Family. The nation needed someone to grab any remnants of what was left behind by the gonads and squeeze. The hijacked Republican party needed to be stomped on and pounded into the ground so that all that remained was dust to be swept back under a rock as they refuse to crawl back on their own volition.

I always find indignation concerning Obama amusing coming from your posts as you never found wrong doing in the previous White House. Totally beyond hypocritical.

So, who do you like in the 2012 Democratic primary?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-22-2010 at 12:58 AM.. Reason: Edited quoted text
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Trusting Breitbart to give a complete and truthful picture of anything was pretty naive.

I that honest?

Everyone knows the NAACP had the full video and didn't release it until yesterday.

The original video showed clearly that those in attendance were very much in approval of her decision to not give the white farmer the "full force" of her help and sent him to "one of his own kind" for help.

"I didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough so that when he -- I -- I assumed the Department of Agriculture had sent him to me, either that or the -- or the Georgia Department of Agriculture. And he needed to go back and report that I did try to help him.
So I took him to a white lawyer that we had -- that had...attended some of the training that we had provided, 'cause Chapter 12 bankruptcy had just been enacted for the family farmer. So I figured if I take him to one of them that his own kind would take care of him."[

American Rhetoric: Shirley Sherrod - Speech at the NAACP 20th Freedom Fund Banquet

"Racism is about the abuse of power. Sherrod had it in her position at USDA. According to her remarks, she mistreated a white farmer in need of assistance because of his race.

We are appalled by her actions, just as we are with abuses of power against farmers of color and female farmers.

Her actions were shameful. While she went on to explain in the story that she ultimately realized her mistake, as well as the common predicament of working people of all races, she gave no indication she had attempted to right the wrong she had done to this man.

The reaction from many in the audience is disturbing. We will be looking into the behavior of NAACP representatives at this local event and take any appropriate action."

SHOCK: Racism At NAACP Event? - wcbstv.com (http://wcbstv.com/topstories/tea.party.naacp.2.1812710.html - broken link)

Disturbing to say the least.

And what is even more disturbing is that this same organization that has been sitting on this video for months manufactured accusations of racism in the Tea Party movement for political gain, and they now want to address the reaction of "many in attendance". Well that's nice.

Why haven't they addressed the issue of racists in their ranks before now?

They had the full video.

They were too busy slinging around baseless charges of racists in the Tea Party movement.

[/LEFT]

Old 07-22-2010, 02:41 AM

504 posts, read 457,403 times
Default Quit talking and insinuating and start shooting----or just shut up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I that honest?

Everyone knows the NAACP had the full video and didn't release it until yesterday.

The original video showed clearly that those in attendance were very much in approval of her decision to not give the white farmer the "full force" of her help and sent him to "one of his own kind" for help.

"I didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough so that when he -- I -- I assumed the Department of Agriculture had sent him to me, either that or the -- or the Georgia Department of Agriculture. And he needed to go back and report that I did try to help him.
So I took him to a white lawyer that we had -- that had...attended some of the training that we had provided, 'cause Chapter 12 bankruptcy had just been enacted for the family farmer. So I figured if I take him to one of them that his own kind would take care of him."[

American Rhetoric: Shirley Sherrod - Speech at the NAACP 20th Freedom Fund Banquet

"Racism is about the abuse of power. Sherrod had it in her position at USDA. According to her remarks, she mistreated a white farmer in need of assistance because of his race.

We are appalled by her actions, just as we are with abuses of power against farmers of color and female farmers.

Her actions were shameful. While she went on to explain in the story that she ultimately realized her mistake, as well as the common predicament of working people of all races, she gave no indication she had attempted to right the wrong she had done to this man.

The reaction from many in the audience is disturbing. We will be looking into the behavior of NAACP representatives at this local event and take any appropriate action."

SHOCK: Racism At NAACP Event? - wcbstv.com (http://wcbstv.com/topstories/tea.party.naacp.2.1812710.html - broken link)

Disturbing to say the least.

And what is even more disturbing is that this same organization that has been sitting on this video for months manufactured accusations of racism in the Tea Party movement for political gain, and they now want to address the reaction of "many in attendance". Well that's nice.

Why haven't they addressed the issue of racists in their ranks before now?

They had the full video.

They were too busy slinging around baseless charges of racists in the Tea Party movement.

[/LEFT]
So whens the shooting gonna start-------------so tired of people making up excuses an inuendo. Poor oppressed majority having to grasp at straws to feel wronged. So tired of the talking and whining. If its how you feel lets do this, no more talk. Load up and start shooting. If you don't have the stones to do so, work every day to be the best human being that you can be. Do your best to make the world a better place. Talk to someone different share points of views and feeling. Its harder to spit this BS when you actually have to put a personal face on things.

Last edited by KILLA-P; 07-22-2010 at 03:03 AM..

Old 07-22-2010, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
So whens the shooting gonna start-------------so tired of people making up excuses an inuendo. Poor oppressed majority having to grasp at straws to feel wronged. So tired of the talking and whining. If its how you feel lets do this, no more talk. Load up and start shooting. If you don't have the stones to do so, work every day to be the best human being that you can be. Do your best to make the world a better place. Talk to someone different share points of views and feeling. Its harder to spit this BS when you actually have to put a personal face on things.

As though being in the minority is a license to discriminate against those in the majority. Racism is often one on one as in the case of the white farmer whose only crime was being white and seeking help from a racist. Stop making excuses for black on white racism.

And it's "innuendo".

Old 07-22-2010, 04:21 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,657,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Obama, cable chatter & liberal fury - POLITICO.com Print View

And according to some, Vilsack is a coward too;

PostPartisan - The firing of Shirley Sherrod -- and the cowardice of Tom Vilsack

Of course, the WH is lying again (do they ever stop?).

Fired Ag worker mulls job offer after WH apology - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100721/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_usda_racism_resignation - broken link)

And now they say obama had nothing to do with it. Right.

Boy, this incident sure has obama looking like an idiot. How did that happen?
Because liars can't always keep their story straight.
By the way, wonder who sent the audited version to Breitbart?
Hmmmmmm..
The new bill was signed, wonder how many thousands of pages are in this one?
The stack is very high, I guess we will find out after the Nov elections.
With all the news over Shirley, guess they wanted this to sort of slide by quietly.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:56 AM

27,215 posts, read 46,778,320 times
I only read the first post...sorry.

Now more is coming out about this woman, the government is looking even more stupid.

I was shocked she already had sued her own work place and received $ 300 K...so this is a way for her to sue them again...

Nice way to get a retirement. I guess she is smarter than the rest of us. She is making money in a down economy.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:39 AM

24,425 posts, read 23,088,846 times
At least now the NAACP knows where they stand. They'd have to be complete fools to think Obama has any loyalty to them. They're as expendable as anybody else.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:47 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,847,153 times
Interesting....

Quote:
Shirley Sherrod's Disappearing Act: Not So Fast

So I guess we're supposed to forget about Shirley Sherrod from this point forward.

Not just yet.

An announcement of Ms. Sherrod's July 2009 appointment to her USDA position atruraldevelopment.org gives off quite a few clues: RDLN Graduate and Board Vice Chair Shirley Sherrod was appointed Georgia Director for Rural Development by Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack on July 25. Only days earlier, she learned that New Communities, a group she founded with her husband and other families (see below) has won a thirteen million dollar settlement in the minority farmers law suit Pigford vs Vilsack.

What?

The news that follows at the link, which appears to pre-date the announcement of Ms. Sherrod's appointment, provides further details:

Shirley Sherrod's Disappearing Act: Not So Fast | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/Examiner-Opinion-Zone/Shirley-Sherrods-Disappearing-Act-Not-So-Fast-98846149.html - broken link)

Old 07-22-2010, 07:07 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,498,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Interesting....

Shirley Sherrod's Disappearing Act: Not So Fast | Washington Examiner

Very interesting. My grandfather owned a farm in rural GA. Caucasian. Between 2 world wars and the Great Depression. I suppose he might have been characterized as 'feeling superior'. No one has ever described him in this way.

There is a lot of injustice in this nation.

Farmers need assistance at times. I suppose I'm glad the Sherrod's were able to help some.

I don't think she needs any further apologies and should accept the position offered. If I hear that she plans to 'sue' I will have reservations about her.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:16 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,883,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Trusting Breitbart to give a complete and truthful picture of anything was pretty naive.
Why DID the Obama administration simply ask Sherrod about it?

Seems this was a Cluster from the getgo....

Still doesn't change the idea of not helping a person due to the color of their skin was funny to the audience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies