Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 07:55 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

Advertisements

Obama, cable chatter & liberal fury - POLITICO.com Print View

Quote:
“Now that the full video is out there, and Sherrod's version of events is vindicated, Obama looks foolish, impulsive and reactive,” said Jane Hamsher, a prominent liberal blogger and frequent Obama critic.
And according to some, Vilsack is a coward too;

PostPartisan - The firing of Shirley Sherrod -- and the cowardice of Tom Vilsack

Quote:
Vilsack had a solemn obligation to treat his employee fairly. Obama, who reportedly was briefed on the matter and stood by his man, had a similar obligation. The two ought to be ashamed.
Of course, the WH is lying again (do they ever stop?).

Fired Ag worker mulls job offer after WH apology - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100721/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_usda_racism_resignation - broken link)

Quote:
President Barack Obama said nothing publicly about the developments while administration officials tried to simultaneously show his concern and to distance him from the original ousting.

Sherrod said officials showed no interest in listening to her explanation when she was asked to resign. She said she was on the road Monday when USDA deputy undersecretary Cheryl Cook called her and told her to pull over and submit her resignation on her Blackberry because the White House wanted her out.
And now they say obama had nothing to do with it. Right.

Boy, this incident sure has obama looking like an idiot. How did that happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 07:58 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,629,899 times
Remember, everything is still not a rosy scenario as far as Sherrod goes. Apparently, her audience was all too ready to approve of actions that discriminated against whites.

I can applaud Sherrod, but I am still appalled at the NAACP and their pathetic racial mindset.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Remember, everything is still not a rosy scenario as far as Sherrod goes. Apparently, her audience was all too ready to approve of actions that discriminated against whites.

I can applaud Sherrod, but I am still appalled at the NAACP and their pathetic racial mindset.
That point is getting lost in the clusterfark.

The main reason Andrew posted the video was to show the reaction of the racists in the NAACP audience.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:30 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post

Yes,that is actually the issue....

Old 07-21-2010, 08:34 PM

The WH was quite pleased and on the ball with their reaction to firing.

In meeting, Messina praised Sherrod handling - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Quote:
But three Democratic sources said deputy chief of staff Jim Messina singled out the White House's initial response to the incident for praise in the regular 8:30 a.m. staff meeting Tuesday morning. The sources differed on the substance of Messina's praise, but concurred that he had praised the speed of White House communications in response to the flap, which was driven by a misleadingly edited video posted to Andrew Breitbart's Big Government website.

One source, who is unhappy with the administration's handling of the incident, paraphrased Messina's remarks: "We could have waited all day — we could have had a media circus — but we took decisive action, and it’s a good example of how to respond in this atmosphere."
Decisive? A good example? Maybe, just maybe, they should have watched the whole video before firing her.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:05 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Obama, cable chatter & liberal fury - POLITICO.com Print View

And according to some, Vilsack is a coward too;

PostPartisan - The firing of Shirley Sherrod -- and the cowardice of Tom Vilsack

Of course, the WH is lying again (do they ever stop?).

Fired Ag worker mulls job offer after WH apology - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100721/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_usda_racism_resignation - broken link)

And now they say obama had nothing to do with it. Right.

Boy, this incident sure has obama looking like an idiot. How did that happen?
I am very disappointed that Obama reacted as he thought some right wing Moderator cut: language expected him to. The problem is that Obama is way too diplomatic and Centrist for what should have come into the White House following the Bush Crime Family. The nation needed someone to grab any remnants of what was left behind by the gonads and squeeze. The hijacked Republican party needed to be stomped on and pounded into the ground so that all that remained was dust to be swept back under a rock as they refuse to crawl back on their own volition.

I always find indignation concerning Obama amusing coming from your posts as you never found wrong doing in the previous White House. Totally beyond hypocritical.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-22-2010 at 12:57 AM..

Old 07-21-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I am very disappointed that Obama reacted as he thought some right wing a-hole expected him to. The problem is that Obama is way too diplomatic and Centrist for what should have come into the White House following the Bush Crime Family. The nation needed someone to grab any remnants of what was left behind by the gonads and squeeze. The hijacked Republican party needed to be stomped on and pounded into the ground so that all that remained was dust to be swept back under a rock as they refuse to crawl back on their own volition.

I always find indignation concerning Obama amusing coming from your posts as you never found wrong doing in the previous White House. Totally beyond hypocritical.
Which is the party of violence and hate?

I find it amusing that the emphasis is now on obama and his bungling of this incident.

I think they jumped on the chance to can her because of the recent race-baiting by the NAACP - they wanted to show that they aren't part of that strategy, but of course they are and have been all along.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:32 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Just another prime example of Obama jumping the gun and making yet another decision without knowing the entire fact.

No wonder he never made it as an attorney.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:54 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Trusting Breitbart to give a complete and truthful picture of anything was pretty naive.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:46 AM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
I'm thinking there are just some decisions that get made without personally consulting the POTUS. People are involved, meaning nothing will ever go perfectly. I do appreciate the effort to pin everything on Obama however, as if he is sitting in his chair just waiting to make minute decisions about everything rather than having other people be responsible for doing their own jobs. And it's interesting how much omnipresent and omnipotent power some people seem to attribute to him...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies