Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 02:38 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCBGirl View Post
First Rangel, now Maxine.. OMG! What do you think is going on here? Seems to me that Obama is not too happy with Water or Rangel obviously. (Admittedly, I hope Nancy is next on his list. )

California Rep. Waters may face fall ethics trial - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100731/ap_on_go_co/us_waters_ethics - broken link)
You realize the ethics panel is just picking on them because they are black dont you? That was Rangels spin on it. I guess what he is saying is that if you are black and a thief and tax cheat, then you get an automatic pass. Man we have sure come a long way only to slide back to the 60's again. Equality is equality, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 05:36 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
The thing I love is how the democrats like Pelosi and Reid stand up in front of the podium and claim that they are the party that is helping the little guy. Every time they gain power and help me we lose money, we lose work and we lose hope. They do nothing less than crush the middle class and the poor while ripping money out of the rich to bring them down. Of course they still dine on good food and take trips at our expense.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:41 PM

507 posts, read 879,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
could crooked chuckie be expelled? that would be awesome
Be nice if he got cell next to Duke Cunningham or one of the other Repubs in jail.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:53 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
Do these clowns ever learn?!

Hot Air » Dem leaders plan birthday-bash fundraiser for most famous colleague

Birthday bash for Rangel to help him raise money?! What the hell is wrong with these people. Shame on anyone who attends and anyone who gives a dime. You got this crook who finally got busted, so what do you do? Hold a lavish party for him while spending thousands and thousands to do it?!

The funniest thing about this: This little party will be on August 11. Rangel's birthday is............................. June 11.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:55 AM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
The worst that will happen to either of them is that they will be allowed to " retire with dignity " If that . A Republican would be hauled up in front of hearings and prosecuted by the goverment .

There is no serious outcome from being convicted by the ethics committee, just goes on their record as these are not criminal proceedings.

I don't understand why there were no criminal charges against Rangel for income tax evasion. "A republican would be hauled up? Both democrats and republicans have gone before the ethics committee and both have a long history of criminal convictions. It does appear that the Bush administration was one of the most corrupt but the democrats are going have a tough time to convincing anyone they are the better choice with rangel and Waters.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:04 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
More of the cesspool

Old 08-02-2010, 09:44 AM

107 posts, read 91,699 times
I am positively, shocked, stunned and set back on my heels - not to mention pleased as punch. I hear that "no justice, no peace" the riot fomentor is next up.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:48 AM

107 posts, read 91,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCur View Post
Be nice if he got cell next to Duke Cunningham or one of the other Repubs in jail.
I used to sell shirts to the Duke (his daughter is fond of Moose), but I was stunned to hear of his malfeasance. A shame that he collapsed morally, like a house of democrats. From Navy Fighter Ace, to Inmate.

Let him rot a bit more. I expected Democrats to be corrupt universally, but hold a different standard for Republicans.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:47 AM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmistral View Post
I used to sell shirts to the Duke (his daughter is fond of Moose), but I was stunned to hear of his malfeasance. A shame that he collapsed morally, like a house of democrats. From Navy Fighter Ace, to Inmate.

Let him rot a bit more. I expected Democrats to be corrupt universally, but hold a different standard for Republicans.

You may hold them to a higher standard but it doesn't look like anyone else does. Attached is the history of the last few administrations.

Political scandals of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-02-2010, 12:50 PM

507 posts, read 879,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmistral View Post

You are right, it's only fair to hold the party of hate to a lower standard than the Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies