Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2010, 12:11 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,875,076 times

Advertisements

TAQIYYA--Interesting contrast between a Muslim being encouraged to lie about his religion under torture or threat of death, while in Christian tradition true believers were to be willing to die rather than deny their faith. Perhaps Islam being several centuries younger than Christianity incorporated that based on contemporary news of lion-in-the-stadium events and other forms of persecution against Christians?

Anyway, the danger is in assuming that Muslims see this practice as obligatory and infidels as enemies to whom it is acceptable to lie in such a manner. If you believe this, then ANYTHING a Muslims says to the contrary of what you believe to be true has to be discounted because he's a Muslim so he must be lying, right?

Muslim leaders will say one thing to the West and another thing to their followers in Arabic. Deceiving the enemy is useful in war and Islam is at war with the non-Islamic world until Sharia is enforced on all the world.

And then we have a few million people in other parts of the world who claim that the West is at war with Islam and has an agenda to destroy it.

Paranoia v. paranoia is never going to come to any good end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 05:01 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
TAQIYYA--Interesting contrast between a Muslim being encouraged to lie about his religion under torture or threat of death, while in Christian tradition true believers were to be willing to die rather than deny their faith. Perhaps Islam being several centuries younger than Christianity incorporated that based on contemporary news of lion-in-the-stadium events and other forms of persecution against Christians?

Anyway, the danger is in assuming that Muslims see this practice as obligatory and infidels as enemies to whom it is acceptable to lie in such a manner. If you believe this, then ANYTHING a Muslims says to the contrary of what you believe to be true has to be discounted because he's a Muslim so he must be lying, right?

Muslim leaders will say one thing to the West and another thing to their followers in Arabic. Deceiving the enemy is useful in war and Islam is at war with the non-Islamic world until Sharia is enforced on all the world.

And then we have a few million people in other parts of the world who claim that the West is at war with Islam and has an agenda to destroy it.

Paranoia v. paranoia is never going to come to any good end.
I don't think it's an issue of being paranoid. It is a term that you will run across, many times, in your studies. I've run across the term many times myself. It gives you reason to pause when you see and read the many instances of inconsistency, i.e. saying one thing, doing another - lies.

Christian were and are never given the direction that it is okay to lie. I don't know what that would have to do with dying for your faith.

I think taqiyya adds to the skepticism toward the Muslim faith. Mainly, because in the article I cited, we do see them saying one thing, but using their money, etc. otherwise.

It just brings another negative issue with Islam to the table, IMO.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:26 PM

More information on - Lying (Taquiyya and Kitman)

TheReligionofPeace - Islam: Taqiyya and the Truth

Old 08-08-2010, 05:41 PM

Egyptian Minister calls on Muslim Tourists to Flood Jerusalem

Egyptian Minister of Religious Endowments Mahmoud Hamdi Zaqzouq called on Muslims worldwide to visit Jerusalem and assert its Islamic identity.

The Media Line

Old 08-09-2010, 05:25 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times
I guess Newt Gingrich is in favor of the amending freedom of religion clause in the constitution to follow his thoughts on Saudi Arabia.

You can tell its an election year.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I don't think it's an issue of being paranoid. It is a term that you will run across, many times, in your studies. I've run across the term many times myself. It gives you reason to pause when you see and read the many instances of inconsistency, i.e. saying one thing, doing another - lies.

Christian were and are never given the direction that it is okay to lie. I don't know what that would have to do with dying for your faith.

I think taqiyya adds to the skepticism toward the Muslim faith. Mainly, because in the article I cited, we do see them saying one thing, but using their money, etc. otherwise.

It just brings another negative issue with Islam to the table, IMO.
I didn't say that and I have no idea why you do above. The point I made was that taqiyya at its base was to allow to Muslims to avoid persecution by denying that they were Muslims. By comparison, Christians are expected to NOT deny their religion. I wondered if the concept of taqiyya was born of watching what happened to Christians when they didn't deny their faith. Got it?

Yes, it appears that taqiyya has gone beyond its original intentions for extremist Muslims. However, as I said previously, too much concentration on this particular abuse could lead to the belief that whatever a Muslim says that you don't agree with, he is lying. That would not be good.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I didn't say that and I have no idea why you do above. The point I made was that taqiyya at its base was to allow to Muslims to avoid persecution by denying that they were Muslims. By comparison, Christians are expected to NOT deny their religion. I wondered if the concept of taqiyya was born of watching what happened to Christians when they didn't deny their faith. Got it?
"There are two forms of lying to non-believers that are permitted under certain circumstances, taqiyya and kitman. These circumstances are typically those that advance the cause Islam - in some cases by gaining the trust of non-believers in order to draw out their vulnerability and defeat them."

It doesn't appear to be born out of anything but their own ideology of self-advancement.

The Iman of this new planned mosque, with his background of supporting terrorism and saying he is here for unity is just another example of this tactic. Right here - in our face - hiding in the broad daylight. But, we won't look at it. We won't call it for what it is. Another Ft. Hood type, with a record, that we refuse to acknowledge. We will call it "freedom of religion" when anyone that is opposed to our way of life and our Constitution, as written, should be stripped of their Constitutional rights.

That would go for illegals entering our country illegally, inmates that should not be allowed to vote, a soldier leaking information (treason), etc. A world gone mad.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:23 AM

German mosque used by Sept. 11 attackers shut down

A small Hamburg mosque once frequented by Sept. 11 attackers was shut down and searched Monday because German authorities believed the prayer house was again being used as a meeting point for Islamic radicals.

German mosque used by Sept. 11 attackers shut down - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100809/ap_on_re_eu/eu_germany_mosque_closed - broken link)

Old 08-09-2010, 07:29 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
I've got a question:

On the point about the insensitivity of building the center and how it will affect the families etc, etc, hasn't the stridency and public rancor of the protest itself caused as much, if not more, pain and anguish than would have been caused if the center had been allowed to be built? By turning this into a three ringed media circus those opposing the center have given it far more attention than the builders could have ever foreseen.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I've got a question:

On the point about the insensitivity of building the center and how it will affect the families etc, etc, hasn't the stridency and public rancor of the protest itself caused as much, if not more, pain and anguish than would have been caused if the center had been allowed to be built? By turning this into a three ringed media circus those opposing the center have given it far more attention than the builders could have ever foreseen.
Probably so. However, several families members have stepped up and said their dead loved one wouldn't have wanted all this hate-spewing. There are also family members who never attend the WTC memorials and likely will never set foot in that part of Manhattan again and who probably don't care one way or the other. I wonder if the media circus affects them in any way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies