Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2010, 08:33 PM

1,013 posts, read 910,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
According to the Obama's official schedule, the First Family will visit the disaster hit Gulf Coast in Florida for a weekend in August and will spend 10 days in the upscale northeastern resort island of Martha's Vineyard.

Michelle Obama to travel to Spain - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100726/en_afp/usspainpoliticstourism_20100726182118 - broken link)

Really who is advising the president that all these vacations during a time of economic crisis is a good thing? That while Millions of Americans are without a job that this is the best use of his time.
Ahem. All I have to say. Are they paying it themselves or taking Tax money to do this. Anyway make the people in gov pay their own trips. Hello why do they get all these perks. They are suppose to serve the country not become royalty. Hello the govt is BROKE bankrupt.

Lame fools. Like Ron Paul said. Salary cut, no pension, no health care, no paid vacations, no benefits for all congressmen. live with the laws + taxes they themselves enacted.

They are suppose to serve the public not we serving them. Pay it themselves after all they have the money. Hopefully they are paying it themselves not with tax money.

If he was a good president he would say no salary even since he obviously can take a pay cut to 0 with all the book deals he got going and not use all those luxuries yes?

They want to help the country since he obviously cant solve any problems might as well not get paid and do internship work as he needs to learn how to do his job along with all the idiots in congress + including the rep side.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:36 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Now you have to admit she is being used as a decoy.
Rush, Murdoch's NY Post, Michelle Malkin, Drudge et al. were wall-to-wall about her today. They know you're easily led. I mean, distracted.

What was that wily Obama doing meanwhile, that was so important that your leaders felt you needed to be distracted by Michelle? WE'D BETTER CHECK!

White House Schedule | The White House

Old 08-06-2010, 09:02 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,678,174 times

In the larger scheme of things...you know I do not mean not exactly today.
It is all spin on all sides. I have no dedication to any party anymore.
Let us have them vacation down on the border where the ranchers are being murdered on their own land.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:12 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
According to the Obama's official schedule, the First Family will visit the disaster hit Gulf Coast in Florida for a weekend in August and will spend 10 days in the upscale northeastern resort island of Martha's Vineyard.

Michelle Obama to travel to Spain - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100726/en_afp/usspainpoliticstourism_20100726182118 - broken link)

Really who is advising the president that all these vacations during a time of economic crisis is a good thing? That while Millions of Americans are without a job that this is the best use of his time.
Jadex !!! ... Exactly !

If the U.S. Treasury has two nickels to rub together after this seemingly arrogant and egotistical "WH Crew" is finished in 2012, it will indeed be a "MIRACLE" !
/ May the Saint's Preserve us ! / Thanks Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 08-06-2010, 09:15 PM

563 posts, read 518,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
you haters need to think of something a little more compelling than the Obamas' vacation..
Why? Why should I not be upset that I am struggling and she is on a vacation that I have to pay for? You don't think the secret service likes her that much that they are paying their own way and working for free now do you? Then again, many are looking through the rose colored glasses and don't see anything wrong.....blind will be blind

Old 08-06-2010, 09:18 PM

563 posts, read 518,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Wouldnt it cost the same, plane and SS wise, if she had gone to Glendale, California? A few gallons less, a few SS guys more.

Do you think she went to Spain to shop? I know readers of The Mail would think so, shopping being the height of absorbing occupation for them.

You seem to have left out the part of your article I quoted. Dont worry, here it is: "The exact cost of the trip is unclear as Mrs Obama, 46, and her friends are footing personal expenses themselves... Mrs Obama is paying all personal expenses herself."

Do you call paparazzi-level tabloid photographs "optics"? That's great/awful.
EPIC FAIL

Old 08-06-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
EPIC FAIL
... can you be more specific?

Old 08-06-2010, 10:09 PM

202 posts, read 187,360 times
sea bass tartare, strawberry gazpacho and sardines, followed by a main course of lobster with seaweed risotto.

mmmm mmmm

Read more: Spanish police close public beach for Michelle Obama's £250k Spanish holiday | Mail Online

Old 08-06-2010, 10:10 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Rush, Murdoch's NY Post, Michelle Malkin, Drudge et al. were wall-to-wall about her today. They know you're easily led. I mean, distracted.

What was that wily Obama doing meanwhile, that was so important that your leaders felt you needed to be distracted by Michelle? WE'D BETTER CHECK!

White House Schedule | The White House
Oh yeah, distracted from the disastrous jobs numbers that came out today!

Old 08-06-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh yeah, distracted from the disastrous jobs numbers that came out today!
? The job numbers are issued every month. They're not unanticipated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies