Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 11:43 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,798,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
big mistake, shirley.

her entire past, associations(including her marxist black separatist husband), and actions can be used to establish that breitbart was correct in his assertion that she is a racist.

she could come out not only a loser on her case, but the subsequent counter suit for smearing breitbart, exposed as a liar, racist and not to mention review/audit of her department's spending of taxpayer money on home loans, police cars, etc..

here's an expert who doesn't think her case has much merit.
Should Shirley Sherrod Sue Andrew Breitbart and Fox News?
The article was an excellent assessment (brawling skunks- had to chuckle). I disagree with the conclusion for one reason applicable to us all-- the news IS obliged to tell the truth. This means (left and right) engaging in smear tactics with lies upon their lips needs consequences asserted.

I saw the video in it's entirety and was given the impression (by her own words) that she left this man dangling for a considerable length of time before arriving at her epiphany. That's why I believe the Obama administration was correct to enforce the standard of professionalism. If that timeline has since been cleared up I'd like to see that evidence.

Either way it plays out Brietbart's been outed, and the cheer leading section for personal accountability should think hard about their conduct if they are to credibly contribute as conservatives. That's the sickness afoot in their camp. Words and deeds corrupted, no standard upheld, Machiavelli is fundamentally incompatible with public trust. This sick farce is playing out in congress as we speak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 11:46 AM

150 posts, read 123,808 times
Oh, goody. This idiot Sherrod is actually going to shine more light on herself!

She is a shake down artist and race baiter...involved in massive fraud against the u.s. govt. Obama has his dirty fingerprints all over this shake down/fraud, too.

If you want to get all wee wee'd up google 'Sherrod fraud'. Read it and weep libs.

I love it when these greedy scumballs get caught up in their own web of deceit.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:49 AM

150 posts, read 123,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
The article was an excellent assessment (brawling skunks- had to chuckle). I disagree with the conclusion for one reason applicable to us all-- the news IS obliged to tell the truth. This means (left and right) engaging in smear tactics with lies upon their lips needs consequences asserted.

I saw the video in it's entirety and was given the impression (by her own words) that she left this man dangling for a considerable length of time before arriving at her epiphany. That's why I believe the Obama administration was correct to enforce the standard of professionalism. If that timeline has since been cleared up I'd like to see that evidence.

Either way it plays out Brietbart's been outed, and the cheer leading section for personal accountability should think hard about their conduct if they are to credibly contribute as conservatives. That's the sickness afoot in their camp. Words and deeds corrupted, no standard upheld, Machiavelli is fundamentally incompatible with public trust. This sick farce is playing out in congress as we speak.
What a load.

Sherrod is, as we write, being outed as a shake down artist supreme. Her fraud against the USDA is being FINALLY looked into.

Ha, ha, ha, ha!

Old 07-30-2010, 11:50 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,097,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Excuse me..he did not say those things..she did...he did not edit the tape, he did not cut and paste...what case..just becuase some slimeball lawyer wants to make some money..doesn't mean there is a case here...that will be for a Court to decide...
He's not being sued for what she said. He's being sued for what he said.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:39 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,558,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Who cares?

Breitbart deserves to be taken to the cleaners regardless.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:19 PM

449 posts, read 935,432 times
Laughable. It figures the source is Media Matters.

Any lawyer who thinks such a suit has legs ought to sue the law school they attended for fraud. She is a public figure making a public speech. The law is clear that criticism of such a person is not actionable.

Jesus! Are any of you smarter than a 5th grader?

Old 07-30-2010, 07:24 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,191,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Me too. According to one attorney, Sherrod needs to prove that Breitbart either knew the tape was edited or had reason to suspect it was.

It's obvious to most people what Breitbart was up to, but Sherrod has to prove it.

Just watch...he, along with Faux News, will start asking for donations for the Breitbart defense fund anytime now..
Even more than that.. she needs to prove that the intent was to harm her, and that she's not a public figure, and she was damaged by the actions taken place. Since she was promoted, it will be difficult for her to prove damages. I'd say libel/slander possibly, but since its Sherrods' own words, and video, even that will be difficult..

Old 07-30-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub View Post
Laughable. It figures the source is Media Matters.

Any lawyer who thinks such a suit has legs ought to sue the law school they attended for fraud. She is a public figure making a public speech. The law is clear that criticism of such a person is not actionable.

Jesus! Are any of you smarter than a 5th grader?
Its obvious that many here base their legal opinion on "there otta be a law" and have no understanding of basic legal 101..

Where else would the legal analysis come from other than Media Matters, who should be sued to mis-educating the stupid who continues to rely upon them for "factual" information.. Media Matters, the king of spinning, discussing the suing of someone for spinning.. ooh the humor.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Even worse than that.. Its like the left is celebrating her for making choices, despite the racism thoughts she had. The left would be having a field day is anyone on the right had made statements like..

I decided to help them, even though they were black..

Oooh they would never let it end..

Old 07-30-2010, 07:36 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,478,534 times
I am 100% firmly behind Breitbart. Completely! I do so hope and pray that Mrs. Sherrod's lawsuit is upheld. Do you know how many times the conservatives would be able to sue MSNBC/CNN/ABC news?! Fox would take some hits too, but damn the right wing would be swimming in cash. Tea Party would probably be able to sue every celebrity out there for using "tea bagger" on top of most liberals in office and the aformentioned news channels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies