Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 06:54 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,894,657 times

Advertisements

I got an e-mail with the attached. It has some good points regardless of the source. Has anyone else seen this?

Barack OBAMA, during his Cairo speech, said: “I know, too,that Islam has always been a part of America ‘s story.”–AN AMERICAN CITIZEN’S RESPONSE

May 27, 2010 — budsimmons Barack OBAMA, during his Cairo speech, said: “I know, too, that Islam has always been a part of
America ‘s story.”
AN AMERICAN CITIZEN’S RESPONSE:

Dear Mr. Obama:

Were those Muslims that were in America when the Pilgrims first landed? Funny, I thought they were Native American Indians.

Were those Muslims that celebrated the first Thanksgiving day? Sorry again,
those were Pilgrims and Native American Indians.

Can you show me one Muslim signature on the United States Constitution?

Declaration of Independence ?

Bill of Rights?

Didn’t think so.

Did Muslims fight for this country’s freedom from England ? No.

Did Muslims fight during the Civil War to free the slaves in America ?
No, they did not. In fact, Muslims to this day are still the largest traffickers
in human slavery. Your own half brother, a devout Muslim, still advocates
slavery himself, even though Muslims of Arabic descent refer to black
Muslims as “pug nosed slaves.” Says a lot of what the Muslim world really
thinks of your family’s “rich Islamic heritage,” doesn’t it Mr. Obama?

Where were Muslims during the Civil Rights era of this country? Not present.

There are no pictures or media accounts of Muslims walking side by side
with Martin Luther King, Jr. or helping to advance the cause of Civil Rights.

Where were Muslims during this country’s Woman’s Suffrage era? Again,
not present. In fact, devout Muslims demand that women are subservient
to men in the Islamic culture. So much so, that often they are beaten for
not wearing the ‘hajib’ or for talking to a man who is not a direct family
member or their husband. Yep, the Muslims are all for women’s rights,
aren’t they?

Where were Muslims during World War II? They were aligned with
Adolf Hitler. The Muslim grand mufti himself met with Adolf Hitler,
reviewed the troops and accepted support from the Nazi’s in killing Jews.

Finally, Mr. Obama, where were Muslims on Sept. 11th, 2001? If they
weren’t flying planes into the World Trade Center , the Pentagon or a field
in Pennsylvania killing nearly 3,000 people on our own soil, they were
rejoicing in the Middle East . No one can dispute the pictures shown from
all parts of the Muslim world celebrating on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and
other cable news networks that day. Strangely, the very “moderate” Muslims
who’s asses you bent over backwards to kiss in Cairo , Egypt on June 4th
were stone cold silent post 9-11. To many Americans, their silence has meant
approval for the acts of that day.

And THAT, Mr. Obama, is the “rich heritage” Muslims have here in America .

Oh, I’m sorry, I forgot to mention the Barbary Pirates. They were Muslim.

And now we can add November 5, 2009 – the slaughter of American soldiers
at Fort Hood by a Muslim major who is a doctor and a psychiatrist who was
supposed to be counseling soldiers returning from battle in Iraq and Afghanistan .

That, Mr. Obama is the “Muslim heritage” in America .
EVERY AMERICAN MUST READ THIS !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 08:08 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,528,641 times
The earliest references to a Muslim living in what is now the US I can find is from the 1530's and 1732. Saying Muslims did not fight the British is like saying the Chinese didn't either. There were no Jewish signers of the Declaration of Independence either.

Meanwhile the history of Muslims in the colonies, the US and the parts of New Spain which became the US is just starting. There is ongoing research to determine if the Melungeon population in the south has its origions with Muslims brought to the coloinies by Sir Francis Drake; according to an oral history, a Muslim from Egypt living in the New Netherlands was burned alive (that would place it before 1674); in 1790, South Carolina gave recognition to Muslims living in that state. This is an area that needs further research but to say they were not here or make contributions just plain wrong.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:42 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,790,694 times
I think the letter in the OP reflects as much about who writes the history books as it does about history itself. Most of the history of Muslims in the U.S., as far as I know, is connected with Muslim slaves from Africa. And slavery has certainly always been a part of America's Story, just a part that is not well known, read about, or understood by most Americans (as slaves did not have many rights period, much less the ability to document or tell their story). Muslims may not have been the major part of the American Story, but whatever part they've had has been forgotten, diminished, or simply not passed down at all.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:05 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,036,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
I got an e-mail with the attached. It has some good points regardless of the source. Has anyone else seen this?
Like most of these anonymous missives, they show authors ignorance more than anything else.

Dear Mr. Obama:

Were those Muslims that were in America when the Pilgrims first landed? Funny, I thought they were Native American Indians.

The first Muslim to arrive in America came here mainly as slaves.

Can you show me one Muslim signature on the United States Constitution? Declaration of Independence ? Bill of Rights?

Considering the servile stature of African Muslims, this is some sort of point that needs consideration?

But there were Muslims who fought in the Revolutionary War, one of whom, Salem Poor or more correctly spell Saleem Poor, Yusuf Ben Ali, Bampett Muhamed

Did Muslims fight for this country’s freedom from England ? No.

I don't know about dying but at least 6 Muslim names appear in the records of those who fought for the American revolution amongst them Salem Poor (or more correctly spell Saleem Poor,) Yusuf Ben Ali, and Bampett Muhamed

Where were Muslims during the Civil Rights era of this country? Not present.

I suppose El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X) was a figment of our collective imaginations.

There are no pictures or media accounts of Muslims walking side by side
with Martin Luther King, Jr. or helping to advance the cause of Civil Rights.

What like this one?

http://s3.mediamattersaction.org.s3....ages/mlkmx.jpg

Where were Muslims during World War II? They were aligned with
Adolf Hitler. The Muslim grand mufti himself met with Adolf Hitler,
reviewed the troops and accepted support from the Nazi’s in killing Jews.

This is perhaps the worst of the lot. Thousands of Muslim solders from Algerian, Tunisia, Senegal and Morocco fought in the French First Army. Both Moroccan and Senegalese troops fought in the Normandy invasion. Muslims fought alongside British troops as a part of the colonial Indian forces.

Finally, Mr. Obama, where were Muslims on Sept. 11th, 2001?

Dying in the buildings like everyone else.

Enough of this tripe!

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 08-02-2010 at 07:59 PM.. Reason: Copy violation -- please post a link instead of photos

Old 08-03-2010, 03:03 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,981,866 times
Well the muslims in America were an small minority during the slavery era. Sorry to brush the topic but I thought the civil war was more about an State and Federal issue than about freeing the slaves.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:07 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,403 times
Sorry that you're friends with people who hate and fear Muslims. I especially loved the part about Muslims not being around during the Civil Rights movement.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:18 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
The earliest references to a Muslim living in what is now the US I can find is from the 1530's and 1732. Saying Muslims did not fight the British is like saying the Chinese didn't either. There were no Jewish signers of the Declaration of Independence either.

Meanwhile the history of Muslims in the colonies, the US and the parts of New Spain which became the US is just starting. There is ongoing research to determine if the Melungeon population in the south has its origions with Muslims brought to the coloinies by Sir Francis Drake; according to an oral history, a Muslim from Egypt living in the New Netherlands was burned alive (that would place it before 1674); in 1790, South Carolina gave recognition to Muslims living in that state. This is an area that needs further research but to say they were not here or make contributions just plain wrong.

Should I go ahead and call BS now?

How about a link or some other proof besides an "oral history"?

Old 08-03-2010, 03:25 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,045,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
Sorry that you're friends with people who hate and fear Muslims. I especially loved the part about Muslims not being around during the Civil Rights movement.
99.999999999% of the violence on earth now has islam at its center. Wake up. You are an infidel to them.

The truth shall set you free.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:29 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,981,866 times
The first mosque in the US

During the 19th century, large numbers of Christian and Muslim immigrants arrived to the United States from Syria and Lebanon. Many families settled in the midwest, making a living as farmers, peddlers or shopkeepers. As the United States suffered through World War I and the Great Depression, the Muslim families of Cedar Rapids pulled together to establish a location for organized worship, and social/cultural events to help promote and preserve their heritage. The mosque was completed in 1934.

The Mother Mosque of America - Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Muslims throughout US history is largely ignored but it you do some research you can find alot of info on muslims in US history.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:39 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,045,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
The first mosque in the US

During the 19th century, large numbers of Christian and Muslim immigrants arrived to the United States from Syria and Lebanon. Many families settled in the midwest, making a living as farmers, peddlers or shopkeepers. As the United States suffered through World War I and the Great Depression, the Muslim families of Cedar Rapids pulled together to establish a location for organized worship, and social/cultural events to help promote and preserve their heritage. The mosque was completed in 1934.

The Mother Mosque of America - Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Muslims throughout US history is largely ignored but it you do some research you can find alot of info on muslims in US history.

I couldn't care less. Regardless of their past, they are a radical, dangerous people and I have a hard time trusting any of them, with good reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies