Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 07:07 AM

45,231 posts, read 26,457,645 times

Advertisements

And God bless him.

Atheist Robert Wilson Gives N.Y. Catholic Schools $5.6 Million - Bloomberg

Quote:
“Most of what the Catholic schools teach are the three Rs,” said Wilson, 83, in a phone interview, referring to reading, writing and arithmetic. “And they do it better than the union-controlled inner-city schools.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 07:08 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
God works his wonders even through non-believers.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:09 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,433,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post

What a contrast. There's no way you'd ever see a religious freak leaving money to an atheist cause. Sort of tells you something right there.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
What a contrast. There's no way you'd ever see a religious freak leaving money to an atheist cause. Sort of tells you something right there.
Yep. It shows me that even when something is done to help children and their education some liberal will post a snide comment. So much hate....

Old 08-13-2010, 07:12 AM

45,231 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Define "religious freak" and could you name some atheist causes?

Can you discredit the mans motives? (I think yours have been)

Old 08-13-2010, 07:13 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,433,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Yep. It shows me that even when something is done to help children and their education some liberal will post a snide comment. So much hate....
Nope, an observation. One that you no doubt can't refute, so you resort to calling it "hate"...how transparent.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Nope, an observation. One that you no doubt can't refute, so you resort to calling it "hate"...how transparent.
Your was an absolutely hateful comment. Someone post something nice and all you do is complain that the Aethists might not be getting similar donations from religious groups. You are right, I left out selfish. Selfish and hateful.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:58 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
That was very nice of Mr. Wilson.

Let me add that I imagine that lots of atheists donate money to religious or faith-based organizations. I'm an atheist yet I have never had any problem with donating money to the Salvation Army, to a Presbyterian organization here in Fort Worth (that provides food and shelter to homeless, etc), and others I can't think of off the top of my head. There are simply a lot of churches that are organized and do good work, here and overseas.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:11 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,304,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
That was very nice of Mr. Wilson.

Let me add that I imagine that lots of atheists donate money to religious or faith-based organizations. I'm an atheist yet I have never had any problem with donating money to the Salvation Army, to a Presbyterian organization here in Fort Worth (that provides food and shelter to homeless, etc), and others I can't think of off the top of my head. There are simply a lot of churches that are organized and do good work, here and overseas.
What tends to separate non-religious extremist, and people with high intellectual capacity is the ability to be objective and to take time and effort to understand an issue from more than one perspective. My compiments to you and others for donating to charitable causes regardless of their religious affilation.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:25 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
What tends to separate non-religious extremist, and people with high intellectual capacity is the ability to be objective and to take time and effort to understand an issue from more than one perspective. My compiments to you and others for donating to charitable causes regardless of their religious affilation.

I WILL HUNT YOU AND EVERYONE YOU LOVE DOWN AND....oh, it was a compliment.

Never mind!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies