Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 08:09 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,971,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Bush has never shown respect for our troops. From the Iraq war lie in which 4000 died and tens of thousands more crippled to their treatment at Walter Reed medical center to the treatment of iraq war vets after they returned home to the lack of proper equipment during the war, Bush always had an excuse. He's a liar and a coward.

Quite heavy accusations you are making there.

Care to defend any of them with actual facts and proper support? Didn't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 08:16 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,715,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Bush has never shown respect for our troops. From the Iraq war lie in which 4000 died and tens of thousands more crippled to their treatment at Walter Reed medical center to the treatment of iraq war vets after they returned home to the lack of proper equipment during the war, Bush always had an excuse. He's a liar and a coward.
And lets not forget our own citizens. Bush II used the deaths of thousands of Americans on 9/11 as nothing more than a convenient excuse to further his administration's own causes and agenda.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:27 AM

59,341 posts, read 27,505,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
There is an extensive rebuttal to your post at snopes.com: Weapons of Mass Destruction Quotes

Inquiring minds do not mindlessly reproduce viral emails without first checking them out...
You are right. That is why so many democrats voted IN FAVOR of going into Iraq.

If they were taken out of context, do you think they would have voted differenly?

And what about Clinton signing the Iraq Liberation Act? the .Clinton Signs Iraq Liberation Act
yep, do intelligence data there. Signed it just to look tough.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:12 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,349,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You are right. That is why so many democrats voted IN FAVOR of going into Iraq.

If they were taken out of context, do you think they would have voted differenly?

And what about Clinton signing the Iraq Liberation Act? the .Clinton Signs Iraq Liberation Act
yep, do intelligence data there. Signed it just to look tough.
Senator John Kerry's quote, in context:
Quote:
When I vote to give the POTUS the authority to use force, if necessary, to disarm Saddam Hussein, it is because I believe that a deadly arsenal of mass destruction in his hands is a threat, and a grave threat, to our security and that of our allies in the Persian Gulf region. I will vote yes because I believe it is the best way to hold Saddam Hussein accountable. And the administration, I believe, is now committed to a recognition that war must be the last option to address this treat, not the first, and that we must act in concert with allies around the globe to make the world's case against Saddam Hussein.

In giving the President this authority, I expect him to fulfill the commitments he has made to the American people in recent days - to work with the United Nations Security Council to adopt a new resolution setting out tough and immediate insepection requirements, and to act with our allies at oour side if we have to disarm Saddam Hussein by force. If he fails to do so, I will be among the first to speak out.
Sen. Kerry and others gave Bush the authority to make a decision on the best way to handle Hussein's potential threat to the US. By the time of Kerry's remarks (October 2002), Bush & Co. had most Americans firmly believing that Hussein was a contributing factor in the 9/11 attacks, and they shamelessly exploited the patriotic fervor that was still sweeping the U.S. Also, by Oct. 2002, Bush & Co. had ignored - either by chance or by design - intel indicating that Hussein's WMDs were NOT an imminent threat to this country.

Bottom line, Congress voted to give the POTUS the authority to do what was best for this country based on all the intelligence available and the combined wisdom of those involved in the decision making process. Bush & Co. didn't bother with either intelligence or wisdom - war with Iraq was what they wanted and it is what subsequently happened.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:39 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,566,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
And lets not forget our own citizens. Bush II used the deaths of thousands of Americans on 9/11 as nothing more than a convenient excuse to further his administration's own causes and agenda.
Indeed.

He didn't CARE that 3,000 Americans were just murdered. He, and his neoconservative pals immediately started conspiring how to attack Iraq. They KNEW that the American people could be fooled, and look at the fools on this thread. Even seven years after the invasion began, and years after the truth came out to anyone with even the slightest bit of curiosity to dig below the surface, we were given a war that needlessly killed over 4,000 more Americans, (wounding ten times that many) and one that has killed anywhere from 100,000 to 1,000,000 Iraqi's and made 4 million of them leave their homes permanently, and for what? So that Exxon and Shell and BP and Halliburton and Blackwater could gain access and revenue from markets that were formerly closed and have now been reopened thru violence and American military might.

Yea, GWB showed up at the airport to greet the troops, and this is supposed to mean he deserves respect? After he ran this country into the ground in 8 years and used the military, and the deaths to 3000 Americans, to gain access to oil in Iraq and spent trillions of dollars of U.S. taxpayers money?

He should be in a prison jumpsuit serving time for his crimes, but he will serve time for his crimes in the same fashion he served as a member of the National Guard during Vietnam:

There will be no justice.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:41 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,323,469 times
BBC News | AMERICAS | Bush energy plan: Policy or payback?

Bush's energy plan.
Gee, that deserved respect.

Can you say rolling brown-outs?

Old 08-14-2010, 03:17 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,605,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Quite heavy accusations you are making there.

Care to defend any of them with actual facts and proper support? Didn't think so.
All you need to do is read the pages of this thread for proof of what I said, if you are capable of realising the truth and not the GOP lie.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:25 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,547,829 times
So who is in charge now???? Oh yes, I forgot, Obama is. How about the job he is doing? Oh, you don't want to talk about that, I see.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:03 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,605,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So who is in charge now???? Oh yes, I forgot, Obama is. How about the job he is doing? Oh, you don't want to talk about that, I see.
This thread is not about Obama, nice try at deflecting though.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:23 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,518,756 times
I'd have more respect for him if he'd spent time going to memorial services for all of the brave men and women who didn't make it back but he was too busy selling his pointless war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies