Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2010, 07:03 PM

472 posts, read 855,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Again the liberals will never see anything close to common sense. They will rally around to defend muslims who are the worst violators of human rights for women and homosexuals and who hate the west, mostly because of the moral decay liberals inject into society. It's like their brain cells are all twisted.

The left demands we should be tolerant of this monument to 3000 deaths for Islam yet not one lefty has demanded the muslims be tolerant.

Muslim Gay Bar: Why Are the Intolerant Preaching Tolerance?

Touche'

Old 08-14-2010, 07:05 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Of course what's scary is that many of these same posters would have supported Japanese internment during the War. You can clearly tell.
No. That was FDR and the Democrats.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:07 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Listen up woman, you need to stop making assumptions and allegations about me. It's rude and insulting. As a matter of fact, I do happen to know people who were in those buildings when they were attacked. Several. My eyes and ears are wide open, as is my heart and mind. You might try opening yours. You'll live a happier, less stressful life. Bull****. There is nowhere far enough away in lower Manhattan that they could build this center that you people would not be up in arms about. You have no clue what the people who died would think about a community center several blocks away from where they died, since they can't tell you. And you act as if non-Muslims were the only people who died in that attack.
"Imagine being the family of Salman Hamdani. The 23-year-old New York City police cadet was a part-time ambulance driver, incoming medical student, and devout Muslim. When he disappeared on September 11, law enforcement officials came to his family, seeking him for questioning in relation to the terrorist attacks. They allegedly believed he was somehow involved. His whereabouts were undetermined for over six months, until his remains were finally identified. He was found near the North Tower, with his EMT medical bag beside him, presumably doing everything he could to help those in need. His family could finally rest, knowing that he died the hero they always knew him to be."
And he's only one among many. This is only a partial list of Muslims who were also murdered on 9/11:

• Samad Afridi
  • Ashraf Ahmad
  • Shabbir Ahmad (45 years old; Windows on the World; leaves wife and 3 children)
  • Umar Ahmad
  • Azam Ahsan
  • Ahmed Ali
  • Tariq Amanullah (40 years old; Fiduciary Trust Co.; ICNA website team member; leaves wife and 2 children)
  • Touri Bolourchi (69 years old; United Airlines #175; a retired nurse from Tehran)
  • Salauddin Ahmad Chaudhury
  • Abdul K. Chowdhury (30 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald)
  • Mohammad S. Chowdhury (39 years old; Windows on the World; leaves wife and child born 2 days after the attack)
  • Jamal Legesse Desantis
  • Ramzi Attallah Douani (35 years old; Marsh & McLennan)
  • SaleemUllah Farooqi
  • Syed Fatha (54 years old; Pitney Bowes)
  • Osman Gani
  • Mohammad Hamdani (50 years old)
  • Salman Hamdani (NYPD Cadet)
  • Aisha Harris (21 years old; General Telecom)
  • Shakila Hoque (Marsh & McLennan)
  • Nabid Hossain
  • Shahzad Hussain
  • Talat Hussain
  • Mohammad Shah Jahan (Marsh & McLennan)
  • Yasmeen Jamal
  • Mohammed Jawarta (MAS security)
  • Arslan Khan Khakwani
  • Asim Khan
  • Ataullah Khan
  • Ayub Khan
  • Qasim Ali Khan
  • Sarah Khan (32 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald)
  • Taimour Khan (29 years old; Karr Futures)
  • Yasmeen Khan
  • Zahida Khan
  • Badruddin Lakhani
  • Omar Malick
  • Nurul Hoque Miah (36 years old)
  • Mubarak Mohammad (23 years old)
  • Boyie Mohammed (Carr Futures)
  • Raza Mujtaba
  • Omar Namoos
  • Mujeb Qazi
  • Tarranum Rahim
  • Ehtesham U. Raja (28 years old)
  • Ameenia Rasool (33 years old)
  • Naveed Rehman
  • Yusuf Saad
  • Rahma Salie & unborn child (28 years old; American Airlines #11; wife of Michael Theodoridis; 7 months pregnant)
  • Shoman Samad
  • Asad Samir
  • Khalid Shahid (25 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald; engaged to be married in November)
  • Mohammed Shajahan (44 years old; Marsh & McLennan)
  • Naseema Simjee (Franklin Resources Inc.'s Fiduciary Trust)
  • Jamil Swaati
  • Sanober Syed
  • Robert Elias Talhami (40 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald)
  • Michael Theodoridis (32 years old; American Airlines #11; husband of Rahma Salie)
  • W. Wahid
Muslim Victims of Terrorist Attack, September 11, 2001

How about you start showing some respect for them and their families by stopping the attempt to violate their constitutional rights? EXACTLY!

I'll respond. If someone wanted to build a German history museum near a Jewish community, and that museum hailed many of the incredible contributions that Germans made, including German Jews such as Albert Einstein, to science, literature and peace (Henry Kissinger was also a Nobel Peace Prize recipient), and included a exhibit dedicated to the atrocities of the Holocaust, that would be JUST FINE by me. And I am Jewish. And I don't think anyone else would give a crap about it, either.
Excellent post!

Old 08-14-2010, 07:08 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,936 times
Originally Posted by tropolis
most of these posters say wild and crazy things because its the internet. they do it to get attention. doesnt mean they would say that, or even think like that in real life.

i will add this final point that will put this to rest.

timothy mcveigh was a christian, part of a christian terrorist organization. he bombed the okc federal building in one of the worst terrorist acts in us history.

should we ban churches near ground zero in okc?

like i said. this is an irrelevant topic being stirred up to pin one vs the other while we forget about important things.

this is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. 2 months from now nobody will even remember this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
One nut job compared to thousands of islamic terrorists.

And that was in 1995, how many acts of terror have been committed by muslims since then?

If the muslims had the same track record( one event 15 yrs ago) nobody would be objecting, but that is not the case.
"timothy mcveigh was a christian, part of a christian terrorist org " what group was this? I thought he trained in the Philippines ?

Old 08-14-2010, 07:46 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
obama walks it back, as usual;

Mosque controversy swirls around Obama - James Hohmann and Maggie Haberman and Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

Quote:
The White House on Saturday struggled to tamp down the controversy over President Barack Obama’s statements about a mosque near Ground Zero — insisting Obama wasn’t backing off remarks Friday night where he offered support for a project that has infuriated some families whose loved ones died in the Sept. 11 attacks.

Obama’s comments placed him in the middle of the controversy over a Muslim group’s plans for a mosque near the site of the 2001 attack — and in turn, transformed an emotion-laden local dispute in New York into a nationwide debate overnight.
Can you just imagine having lost a loved one on 9/11, murdered by muslim terrorists and then have to tolerate a mosque placed on that hallowed ground?

We all know what those radical muslims will use such a symbol for.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:49 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
I'll respond. If someone wanted to build a German history museum near a Jewish community, and that museum hailed many of the incredible contributions that Germans made, including German Jews such as Albert Einstein, to science, literature and peace (Henry Kissinger was also a Nobel Peace Prize recipient), and included a exhibit dedicated to the atrocities of the Holocaust, that would be JUST FINE by me. And I am Jewish. And I don't think anyone else would give a crap about it, either.
The Catholic church wanted to build a convent in the vicinity of Auschwitz.

There was concern about it and they were asked NOT to.

So enough respect was given and there was no convent built.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:53 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
If I remember correctly Timothy McVeigh was American and he was a terrorist.
But he's White and he's a Christian. That is enough for many to completely overlook or conveniently ignore his actons.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:54 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,029,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Again the liberals will never see anything close to common sense. They will rally around to defend muslims who are the worst violators of human rights for women and homosexuals and who hate the west, mostly because of the moral decay liberals inject into society. It's like their brain cells are all twisted.

The left demands we should be tolerant of this monument to 3000 deaths for Islam yet not one lefty has demanded the muslims be tolerant.

Muslim Gay Bar: Why Are the Intolerant Preaching Tolerance?

perfectly said!!!!

liberals are blind of the real world.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:58 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

So why don't you stop pretending that this is only about "Location Location Location". Anywhere this group tried to build in lower Manhattan, you people would raise hell. Stop taking the rest of us for stupid by denying it.
Who is pretending?

No one is bitching about the two HUGE mosques going up in my town...the half-moon & star and the dome...all encrusted in something that looks like gold- first things to get finished while the rest of the buildings are all steel girders. And we're 45 minutes from ground zero.

So yes, it is about location, location, location and lack of respect, respect, respect.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:59 PM

563 posts, read 518,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
This thread is filled with racist responses. If it were a Jewish Temple or Christian Church, none of you would be saying anything. So hypocritical.
Hmmm....lets think about this, before this is deleted too.....which one of those groups attacked the US?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies