Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2010, 10:25 AM

531 posts, read 338,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
So what? There are 100 churches within a 5 mile radius of where I live. I don't attend any of them, but got a church that is 10 miles away.

Respect? What respect is being given to the Muslims who died on 9/11 who were not part of the attack.

So the Muslim community center can't be there because of a few uptight god fearing idiots?

There are other Muslim businesses and gathering areas already around the area. Why aren't these hypocrites demanding that these businesses and their patrons be moved?
Because they have no issue with muslims running business's in that area. Do you want people to take issue with it. Does it bother you that people aren't being intolerant towards muslims business'? cuz you keep bringing it up. Would you feel better if people started demanding those business be shut down? Of course you would becuase you want us to be racist so you can feel better about having a lack of knowledge.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:27 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Really?! All 1 billion muslims were in on the attack? Well, that's news to me.
They may not have been in out it, but millions around the globe applauded and cheered the deaths of thousands of innocent children, women, and men of all races/faiths.

While I do not believe all Muslims are bad, the fact that they are suppose to outnumber the ones who are "hijacking" their religion but largely sit and do nothing. Id like to see the tens of millions of Muslims who say they are peaceful, stand up together and squash those that kill children/women/men in the name of Allah.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Really?! All 1 billion muslims were in on the attack? Well, that's news to me.
Fine i agree so here
White people never enslaved black people.
Germans never killed jews.
America was never oppresive towards blacks.
Conservatives don't oppose gay marriage.
Fox news does not have conseratives.

I mean its not every single one of them right?

Old 08-14-2010, 10:30 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,483,407 times

So? I don't care what Harry Reid says. It's still wrong. Besides, who are the main folks calling for it now? Oh yes, the far right!!

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
So what? There are 100 churches within a 5 mile radius of where I live. I don't attend any of them, but go to a church that is 10 miles away (because of the open nature of the church)

Respect? What respect is being given to the Muslims who died on 9/11 who were not part of the attack.

So the Muslim community center can't be there because of a few uptight god fearing idiots?

There are other Muslim businesses and gathering areas already around the area. Why aren't these hypocrites demanding that these businesses and their patrons be moved?
Why is THIS location so important. To point out that there are other Muslim gathering areas around the areas proves that this is NOT a First Amendment challenge.

Are you suggesting that the entire nation must concede to building THIS Mosque in THIS location as the only means to show sincere respect for ALL victims of 9/11, Muslim or otherwise? Really???

Those who died in the attack on Twin Towers' location, be they at work, or on the plane, or victims after the immediate attack via the collapse and the airborne debris that followed, took the hit by Islamic jihaddists for ALL Americans. Don't you think that deserves the respect of the requests that THIS Mosque not be built on THIS location. Would you suggest that the debris from the Twin Towers did not reach as far as two blocks? That the ashes of victims never touched THIS location? Really?

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
The family international religious group and other christian groups which committe crimes in the name of christianity is a very small portion
And those who Follow Radical Islam and commit terrorist acts in the name of their religion is a very SMALL portion of a religious following that has over a million followers.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
And those who Follow Radical Islam and commit terrorist acts in the name of their religion is a very SMALL portion of a religious following that has over a million followers.
A religion with over 1 billion followers. Probably well well over 1 million radicals. I bet there are more radical muslims in the world then are Jews in the world altogether.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:34 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Why is THIS location so important. To point out that there are other Muslim gathering areas around the areas proves that this is NOT a First Amendment challenge.
It is a First Amendment Challenge. YOu annot discrimate against any person or group based on their religious beliefs.

If they want to build a Community Center there, that is thei RIGHT

Do you attend the church of your faith that is closes to you? If not , why not?

Or do you base your church on who the people are there? The pastor/priest? The services offered? all of the above?

What if the Muslims don't like the other gathering/mosques and want someplace new to go to?

Freedom to practice your religion at whatever place you want... WOW WHAT A FREAKING concept?

Old 08-14-2010, 10:35 AM

I wouldnt be suprised if there was 4-5 hundred million radical muslims in the world right now

Old 08-14-2010, 10:41 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,845,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
From your article: "Manhattan voters expressed the most support for the project, with 46% in favor and 36% opposed. The strongest opposition came from Staten Island, where 73% of voters reject the project, compared to just 14 % in favor.[LEFT]
Read more: More Than Half Of New Yorkers Don't Want Muslim Center Near Ground Zero, Poll Says"

Curious- the Cordoba house is in Manhattan.
[/LEFT]
Those Manhattan liberals. LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies