Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 05:26 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
The freedom to keep what I earn OBAMA=MORE TAX'S

Government Control of; Health Care, Finance, need I go any further
Besides the fact that "controlling of healthcare and finance" are not "freedoms" individual or otherwise, they are gross misstatements of facts.
As for controlling "finance" the government HAS always "controlled" interstate commerce and the financial sector is about as interstate as it gets.

So, yeah, when you eyes get back into your head, Doooooo Go On.

Quote:
The ONLY border on planet earth that is NOT SECURE
That will come as news to every nation on the planet. Even North Korea, the former German Democratic Republic, or any other former eastern bloc nation couldn't figure out a way to seal their boarders. Plus them 12 million illegal residence did just show up over the last year. And last but not least, that has NOTHING to do with your freedoms.

Quote:
His true agenda is 'Social Justice'
Now that's a damned disgraceful thing if I heard of it. Social Justice, bout as unAmerican as one can get.

Quote:
the demise of America as we know it.
The America of Social Injustice? Is that what this is about. Heaven help us!

Quote:
In 2008, Obama announced that upon his election to the office of President, he would create a "Social Investment Fund Network," which would provide federal money to "social entrepreneurs and leading nonprofit organizations [that] are assisting schools, lifting families out of poverty, filling health care gaps, and inspiring others to lead change in their own communities."
Damn if that doesn't sound like unprecedented programs like "The Great Society"™, "Thousand Points of Light"™, or "Faith Based Initiatives"™ or any of those other Cummunist programs.

Quote:
According to columnist Michelle Malkin,
No quotes from lunatics, please!

Quote:
Just connect the dot's
I don't play children's or fool's games. Thank you very much.

Last edited by ovcatto; 08-17-2010 at 06:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 06:00 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
[color=black][font=Verdana]Glad you asked. Obama voted to legalize the NSA wiretapping program and granted immunity to government officials and the telecom companies involved.
As you point out Obama voted and has done much to implement the NSA wiretapping program that sidesteps the FISA requirements for the issuance of warrants, a program begun under the Bush administration. I say that not as an excuse but to outline that their has been no shift in policy in the regard so to sudden argue that Obama is suddenly turning civil liberties on its head is simply a non starter. By the way it is not what I consider one of Obama's finer moments. But still, within the context of this argument it is specious in the extreme.

Quote:
detainees at Bagram Prison Camp in Afghanistan filed suit for habeas corpus rights. Justice John Bates, a Bush appointee, granted habeas. The Obama Administration appealed the decision and won.
So let me get this straight, the administrations denial of rights to foreign held detainees in a foreign and sovereign government, upheld in Federal Court is a destruction of the rights of American citizens... I think I am missing something here. You were doing good with your first point, but I think you jumped the shark on that one.

Quote:
The TSA is now taking pictures of people at airports and studying their body language to see if they are troublemakers. Again, illegal search. Democrats are against racial profiling but for facial profiling.
Get real, that's about as salient an argument as trying to argue that CCTV's are a violation of one's 4th or 5th Amendment rights. Where is your argument going to begin on the issue of expectation of privacy in a public setting? What is the invasive nature of the search? Good luck arguing that before a Federal judge simply based upon Court precedent.

As for your Democrats racial profiling, facial profiling blah, blah, blah... to attempt to compare racial profiling with profiling individuals based upon their actions is so risible as to defy a sane argument.

Quote:
The Obama Administration raided a legal marijuana dispensary in California for allegedly not paying STATE sales tax. This violates so many rights it isn't even funny.
Your information is specious and based solely upon an unnamed source not directly involved with the investigation. Meanwhile, what we do no about the Administration and not the local DEA office, is that unlike the previous administration the AG Holder has declared, publicly that the Federal government would no longer ignore state sanctioned marijuana dispensaries. More like an expansion of rights not restricting them. But it was a good shot.

Quote:
Is forcing people to buy health insurance against their will. This means I have to pay for other people’s health care against my will. Something I didn't have to do before.
Well ya finally got me on one. Yep, the administration is gonna make you buy health insurance. Say that over and over again to yourself. The loss of that freedom is well heartbreaking...

Quote:
We have a right to secure borders. Obama has publicly sided with people that are illegally entering our country.

Set new fuel mileage laws for privately made automobiles. Took away my freedom to purchase what type of car I want.
I guess you shot your wad with that first point, because now were down to trivia for 500 Alex!

Quote:
I could go on and on and on. But, you get the point.
I doubt it, you ran out of steam after the NSA wiretaps.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:48 PM

183 posts, read 168,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
And I heard that the Easter Bunny was fornicating with the Tooth Fairy.

Now do you have a single freedom that is threatened by Obama or not?
Just seeing what the response would be. Maybe we all need to step back and relax, stop bashing the other sides, and work on ourselves. Then we can come up with rational solutions to all these issues.

And yes, I feel like my freedom is at stake, all of our freedoms are always at stake, and I think he is pushing harder than most.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:55 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny napalm View Post
Just seeing what the response would be. Maybe we all need to step back and relax, stop bashing the other sides, and work on ourselves. Then we can come up with rational solutions to all these issues.

And yes, I feel like my freedom is at stake, all of our freedoms are always at stake, and I think he is pushing harder than most.
"I feel" and "I think" don't create reality, though.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:00 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Quote:
teabaggers
You lost ALL credibilty with the use of this word.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:03 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
how about freedom from having to pay a tax to the goverment?

Old 08-17-2010, 08:03 PM

183 posts, read 168,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"I feel" and "I think" don't create reality, though.
So how do "you" create reality, not by thinking or feeling?

Old 08-17-2010, 08:04 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,819 times
I heard on Friday he reaffirmed the First Amendment.

This nation will prevail not because of our xenophobia and mass hysteria, but for the exact opposite, our Constitution and protection of the Rights of ALL.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:05 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
how about freedom from having to pay a tax to the goverment?
The Constution allows the government to tax. If you hate the Constitution, then by all means, leave.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:09 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,313,112 times
This looks more like a empire in decline in which the government turns on its own people. This has happened before throughout history and its happening here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies