Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 04:55 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,020 times

Advertisements

Detective: 2 men ID'd in video of disabled sex assault | suspect - News - The Orange County Register
The victims families believe this is Racially motivated and cite past incidents.

Unfortunately some of the Prison Gang Culture in California's Prisons (Black/Latino) continues on the outside. Cowardly acts like this only further the the hatred.

Gang bangers can kill each other for all I care, but sadly too often young innocent victims are targeted. it's the truly ignorant that targets people they don't know and/or have no reason to hate.

This issue has flared up from time to time in S. Calif. and hopefully will not progress further, but with the high Unemployment, budget cuts, Police and Social worker cuts,furlough days and especially early prisoner releases in this State burdened by a massive deficit it may get worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 01:44 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times
I think you meant to post this story:

TEENS' SLAYINGS: Race a factor, chief says | Local News | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California

Yesterday the Chief conceded that it may have been racially motivated, yet said it wasn't being investigated as a racially motivated crime - WTH! Today, he's changed his tune and is saying it IS being investigated as racially motivated!

Old 01-09-2011, 03:35 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I think you meant to post this story:

TEENS' SLAYINGS: Race a factor, chief says | Local News | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California

Yesterday the Chief conceded that it may have been racially motivated, yet said it wasn't being investigated as a racially motivated crime - WTH! Today, he's changed his tune and is saying it IS being investigated as racially motivated!
Thanks for correcting that for me I didn't doublecheck my link. http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,3014504.story this is what I originally intended to post.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:31 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,572 times
Part of it the fact that we over incarcerate and under rehabilitate. We cut education services in prisons and cut psych services in prisons, while we increase our incarceration rates. Essentially, prisons becomes places where the focus is on making crime connections and honing your skills as a criminal.

The main focus is to instill coping skills and job skills. Without these two things, you will have an increase in violence.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:47 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,018,750 times
[quote=calibro1;17326581]Part of it the fact that we over incarcerate and under rehabilitate. We cut education services in prisons and cut psych services in prisons, while we increase our incarceration rates. Essentially, prisons becomes places where the focus is on making crime connections and honing your skills as a criminal.

Ca has more prisoners then any state in the nation.

Redlands is still overall a nice city to live & raise your family.

Just stay out of the bad areas such as east redlands.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:27 AM

58,992 posts, read 27,280,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Detective: 2 men ID'd in video of disabled sex assault | suspect - News - The Orange County Register
The victims families believe this is Racially motivated and cite past incidents.

Unfortunately some of the Prison Gang Culture in California's Prisons (Black/Latino) continues on the outside. Cowardly acts like this only further the the hatred.

Gang bangers can kill each other for all I care, but sadly too often young innocent victims are targeted. it's the truly ignorant that targets people they don't know and/or have no reason to hate.

This issue has flared up from time to time in S. Calif. and hopefully will not progress further, but with the high Unemployment, budget cuts, Police and Social worker cuts,furlough days and especially early prisoner releases in this State burdened by a massive deficit it may get worse.
Where have you been for the past 10 years at least all across the country?

Old 02-10-2011, 01:43 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,219 times
I do agree with one thing, yes the gangbangers can kill themselves, with pleasure, but far too often, it is the innocent who are victims and so not fair!

Old 02-10-2011, 01:46 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,279,431 times
All these racist teens suffer horrible parents.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:55 PM

371 posts, read 393,175 times
Want to see interracial crime and racism decrease?

Make it mandatory that all interracial crime is charged as a hate crime with a sentence 4 times the maximum associated with the crime.

In a few years things would be better than ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies