Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 08:43 AM

613 posts, read 814,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Like I said...I was born in 1934 and stock purchase was not even part of the world I lived in. As far as the finish line...I'm 76 and in near perfect health. My dad lived to 89 and was in good health all the way up to the last year or so. My mama turned 98 the last day of July. I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel yet.
I'm assuming that I would have been in my early to mid 20's to be able to afford stock purchases. That would make me apx. 100 years old today. While I have also been blessed to have been born into a long lived family, I gotta figure at 100, I'd be approaching eternity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 10:30 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,559,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickh1954 View Post
I'm assuming that I would have been in my early to mid 20's to be able to afford stock purchases. That would make me apx. 100 years old today. While I have also been blessed to have been born into a long lived family, I gotta figure at 100, I'd be approaching eternity.
After watching my mom I have to hope I won't last that long. For the last couple of years her range of conversation is limitied to whatever she's looking at and the weather. 98 is not a rose garden for most of those who live that long.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:46 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
And held it through splits and never withdrew dividends it would have made them a billionaire. Open the link and look at the bottom of the page:

Coca-Cola: The Coca-Cola Company
And they are non-union.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies