Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 10:30 AM

1,767 posts, read 2,349,068 times

Advertisements

~

YC

Vladimir Putin is a game changer for Russia...
and for the rest of the planet.

American overconfidence and smugness
reminds me of another historical event.

Cyrus conquering Babylon by complete surprise.

Ancient Babylon was a wealthy, powerful empire.

To keep enemies out, Babylon built a huge wall, wide and strong....
an invincible wall to defend an invincible city.

Or so they thought.

Cyrus was a new king in the east.

Cyrus' Persia was not as wealthy, not as strong as Babylon.

Cyrus knew his army could not breech Babylon's powerful wall,
so a direct, frontal assault was out of the question.

The city of Babylon was literally built over the Euphrates river...
the river was Babylon's valuable asset and its final undoing.

Cyrus' army spent a year building canals north of Babylon.
Then one night when the timing was right, Cyrus' troops
diverted the water of the Euphrates river. This allowed
Cyrus' army to enter the city of Babylon secretly along
the dried up river bed.

The city of Babylon was conquered before it realized it
had been invaded.

The most powerful empire of the ancient world fell instantly
to a less powerful Persia.

Cyrus' army conquered Babylon by going UNDER a wall
that was built too strong to fall.

Oh... and by the way... next time you read Revelation 16:12...
you will understand the analogy [the Israelites spend 200 years
under Persian rule, so they knew the history well.]

~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 10:35 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Enterprise CV-6 View Post
Did Russia just make a major mistake. Like playing a game of Chess, they made a very bad move. By giving Iran this nuclear fuel, I do not think they know what they just did.
The Russians know exactly what they did, which is allow the Iranians to expand their economy, reduce the awful 20%+ unemployment rate and stabilize the country domestically and politically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Enterprise CV-6 View Post
Prior to Iran having nuclear capabilities, I bet several countries had their targets on oilcountries in the middle east to prevent it falling into enemy hands.Now they do not have to worry about that. The Muslim countries with nuclear capability will target Israel, and Israel's will target all oil producing countries in the middle east.
This might come as a shock to you, but operating a nuclear reactor is not the same thing as possessing nuclear weapons. The dual reactors at Bushwehr will provide electrical power for desalinization plants which will allow the Iranian Plateau to be irrigated for agricultural production allowing Iran to become a net-exporter of food instead of a net-importer of food and provide many jobs. The other reactor will provide electrical power so that Iran can shut down its oil and natural gas fired power plants and divert the natural gas to fertilizer production and the oil to either the world market or to the production of petro-chemicals which would create additional jobs.

The reactors will not be cranking out nuclear weapons and in fact the reactors are not needed to produce nuclear weapons.

Also, for your information, Israel disses the US and tells the US to Shut The F*** Up when it buys oil from Iran.

I guess you don't remember the big flap when Clinton pardoned bozo-head who set up a sweet deal for Israel to purchase Iranian oil then forgot to claim the profits from that deal on his US income taxes and so he got into a little trouble with the IRS, fled the US and then was pardoned by Clinton.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:39 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Ah, so you obviously do see the modern day equivalent.

OK, we're almost on the same page here. I just dont see Vlad Putin as any kind of great "game changer".......yet.

I think Afghanistan was the bigger game changer for recent russian history. I truly believe, before all is said and done, it will be the big game changer for modern US history as well.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:49 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Default but we're not playing chess........

'Make hay while the sun shines' is a saying that has not been lost on Iran, Russia and other rogue nations in this dawning of the age of Obama.

Russia is a top predator and has no concerns. What are we going to do, talk their ear off? Now we know what it feels like to be Belgium or some other toothless EU nation in the face of tyranny.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post

Ah, so you obviously do see the modern day equivalent.

Ive seen America become the new ruler of Babylon [Iraq.]

I've seen Russia in Cyrus' Persia [Iran.]

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Quote:

OK, we're almost on the same page here. I just dont see Vlad Putin
as any kind of great "game changer".......yet.

Cyrus took his time to perfect his plan... a surprise attack
can only be played once.

Oh... and another thing... while Cyrus' Persia was not as strong
as Babylon... Cyrus had one thing the Babylonians did not.

Cyrus was the anointed of God [ Isaiah 45.]

~

Old 08-22-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:

I think Afghanistan was the bigger game changer for recent russian history. I truly believe, before all is said and done,
it will be the big game changer for modern US history as well.

Afghanistan is known as the "graveyard of empires."

It destroyed the USSR.

Guess who's next.

~

Old 08-22-2010, 11:33 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post
Ive seen America become the new ruler of Babylon [Iraq.]

I've seen Russia in Cyrus' Persia [Iran.]

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Cyrus took his time to perfect his plan... a surprise attack
can only be played once.

Oh... and another thing... while Cyrus' Persia was not as strong
as Babylon... Cyrus had one thing the Babylonians did not.

Cyrus was the anointed of God [ Isaiah 45.]

~
we don't rule Iraq to be honest after we laeve we could careless if the go into a massive civil war. plus what with all the religous doo-doo in your posts.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post

we don't rule Iraq to be honest after we laeve we could careless if the go into a massive civil war.

I was using symbols to make a point... and... by the way... so does Vladimir Putin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post

plus what with all the religous doo-doo in your posts.

I am a Christian, so naturally my world view is reflected in my posts.

~

Old 08-22-2010, 11:53 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
This is the result of the spies for Russia and China stealing defense technology secrets...or our people selling it to them.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:28 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The Russians know exactly what they did, which is allow the Iranians to expand their economy, reduce the awful 20%+ unemployment rate and stabilize the country domestically and politically.

This might come as a shock to you, but operating a nuclear reactor is not the same thing as possessing nuclear weapons. The dual reactors at Bushwehr will provide electrical power for desalinization plants which will allow the Iranian Plateau to be irrigated for agricultural production allowing Iran to become a net-exporter of food instead of a net-importer of food and provide many jobs. The other reactor will provide electrical power so that Iran can shut down its oil and natural gas fired power plants and divert the natural gas to fertilizer production and the oil to either the world market or to the production of petro-chemicals which would create additional jobs.

The reactors will not be cranking out nuclear weapons and in fact the reactors are not needed to produce nuclear weapons.

Also, for your information, Israel disses the US and tells the US to Shut The F*** Up when it buys oil from Iran.

I guess you don't remember the big flap when Clinton pardoned bozo-head who set up a sweet deal for Israel to purchase Iranian oil then forgot to claim the profits from that deal on his US income taxes and so he got into a little trouble with the IRS, fled the US and then was pardoned by Clinton.
Let's hope your assumptions on Iran are correct, I would hate to think differently , they have proven untrustworthy in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies