Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 11:37 AM

150 posts, read 108,468 times

Advertisements

It seems the large population of Muslims has assimilated well in the state of Michigan.

Can any Michigan residents confirm or deny my assertion?

The media and pols love to flame the fires. Let’s be better people then they are for once.

This story is one that is encouraging:

Mich. football program adjusts for Muslim players, Ramadan - USATODAY.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 11:39 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
The Muslims need to adjust to OUR culture not the other way around.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:43 AM

150 posts, read 108,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The Muslims need to adjust to OUR culture not the other way around.
Oh Really- What is "Our culture"?

Our Culture is a hodge Podge of cultures from around the world.

We celebrate holidays from every religion and culture. We enjoy foods from all the different nations of the world.

Our culture is whatever culture each and every individual wants it to be.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirros View Post
Oh Really- What is "Our culture"?

Our Culture is a hodge Podge of cultures from around the world.

We celebrate holidays from every religion and culture. We enjoy foods from all the different nations of the world.

Our culture is whatever culture each and every individual wants it to be.
Knock it off. If they want to play football, they have to decide if they want to play or be a faithful Muslim. The team shouldn't make adjustments because one religion wants a month off. I pee on that suggestion. Practice until 4am? You have to be kidding, yeah that's responsible keeping teenagers out until that time. Is this an ALL Muslim school? Are ALL the players Muslim? If not, then this is dumb IMO.

Another thing, what if one of the OTHER religions wants to go to church on the day of the game? Should the games be delayed to wait for them? I don't think that would happen at all.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:53 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirros View Post
It seems the large population of Muslims has assimilated well in the state of Michigan.

Can any Michigan residents confirm or deny my assertion?

The media and pols love to flame the fires. Let’s be better people then they are for once.

This story is one that is encouraging:

Mich. football program adjusts for Muslim players, Ramadan - USATODAY.com
I live in Lansing, Michigan and the Muslims that are here live in peace with other members of the community. They are Americans just like everybody else and I see no reason to treat them any differently.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:55 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,228,021 times
OP: And you all of a sudden have a problem with Dearborn?

Whoops, that would be SourD.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I live in Lansing, Michigan and the Muslims that are here live in peace with other members of the community. They are Americans just like everybody else and I see no reason to treat them any differently.
What about the non-Musilms on the team? They just have to do it regardless? What a one-way street Muslims are and all you who support them. I know for damn sure that you same people would be howling at the moon if some other religion was to pull this, especially Christians. You'd ALL be crying that everyone else had to conform to something that only crazies believe in. You guys are a hoot and so transparent in your bigotry for anything American, but A-OK with anything a foreign entity dreams up.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
OP: And you all of a sudden have a problem with Dearborn?

Whoops, that would be SourD.
I have no problem with it, I don't live there and never will. What I do have a problem with is everything under the sun caving in for Islam when ALL of you progressives tear Christianity apart. If Christians had said that the games have to be delayed because "we want to go to church before the game" not only would the school laugh and deny it, you guys would throw a hissy fit.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:01 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
dude that is nuts I agree if they want to play football they do it like every other school team in the state and not make non-muslims conform to their stupid relgious rules.

if the muslim players don't like it they can quit the team or not choose to play in the first place
relgion and public schooling should not go together and should be 100% seperate.

If they want to practice their religon in school they should go to a private muslim school not a public funded school

Old 08-23-2010, 12:02 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,228,021 times
BS.

Your not happy unless you are playing the martyr.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies