Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will Fox handle the situation?
Stop covering the ground zero issue entirly 3 9.68%
Make Al-Waleed bin Talal out to be a great man for offering to donate to NY after the 9/11 attacks 2 6.45%
Deny, twist and find some way to blame Obama and the democrats 25 80.65%
Admit they screwed up and move on 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 03:56 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Ah, you are but a tempest in a teapot... your time will come, you will soon see the light and bow at the feet of the right, for we have the answers...
We forgive you,,,, You can still be saved...
I don't think many of those grasping at straws about this story can be saved. They may, but I doubt it. They have allowed themselves to be taken too far into the world of left spin to make it out again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 04:07 PM

948 posts, read 1,386,791 times
All the news networks try to keep them selves looking good as to the reporters and commentators. That's why if a person limits there news source to one outlet they are doing themselves a injustice This AM I had Fox on. They did the report on Shirley Sherrod, then outlined how her video was put on website and the NAACP condemned her, she lost her job. They told how all these people and groups lost attacked her for the comments and then low and behold there was more to the tape.
How ever when they listed all the groups and the website that first released it they neglected remember that FOX was the first media outlet to air it and how she was vilified by Beck and O'Reilly.
I also remember when the Duke Lacrosse case came about how bad Nancy Grace condemned the players, ignoring opposite debate. Then when the truth came out that the woman was a liar and the DA was using the case to get reelected she never once took any responsibility for her misstatements and only gave the story a short announcement at the very end of her show.
My point is that the news media and it's employees are gonna do what they perceive as the best way to make a prophet. Nothing wrong with that in it's self.
If you only go to one media outlet you only get there view and they all stack the deck towards there individual philosophy.
For heavens sake were not a bunch of turtles walking towards the moon. Watch a show and form your own opinion. It's called having a brain.
I will add that I really like this political board because the people have formed there opinions and have an educated position that leads to quality debate. While I have seen some name calling tactics I see that it's only a very small fraction of the people. I had a 2 wonderful debates and not one time was a question answered with a question. The people should be commended for knowing their position and responding in an educated manner. To the few that don't and resort to name calling and avoiding questions I would tel them to learn from the others and grow.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:10 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I didn't know Sharron Angle was on C-D
It couldn't be because she would be asking for every one to send $25 to her website.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:11 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,345,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Ozz, my man, once again, you have been lied to and fooled... You listen to lies and follow like sheep.. We still love you, even for all of your wrongs...
ahhh shucks

Old 08-24-2010, 05:14 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times
Quote:
With the news being reviled of fox news attacking Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, leading the charge in the ground zero attacks, only to find out the middle eastern muslim is the #2 owner of fox news, and donated hundreds of thousands of dollars for the ground zero mosque.
Arguably the biggest blunder and showing of propaganda in fox news' history. What do you think they will do from here?
Now wouldn't it be more bizarre to you if they didn't report the news as the truth dictates? If they ignored the news and didn't cover it I would say then the news is false and Fox is fake. How is it propaganda when it doesn't benefit them "from a business standpoint" to cover it?

Old 08-24-2010, 05:42 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,994,605 times
I would love to be a fly on the wall when Prince Talal calls up Mr Murdoch and and reads him the riot act.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:54 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,943,960 times
None of the above. They covered the story the way they wanted to cover the story, and their political commentators voiced their opinions on the matter. I suspect they will continue to do so. Tell us, how & why should any TV network be expected to change their coverage or opinions on a matter simply because one of the stockholders of that networks parent company happens to be involved in, and in fact paying for, something that network is opposed to?

Old 08-24-2010, 05:58 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times
Talking "fair and balanced"

Quote:
What do you think they will do from here?

I think they'll probably show their true hyperpartisanship by donating a million dollars to the GOP.

What's that?

Oh...

They already made that donation!

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Fox News takes heat for News Corporation’s GOP donation « - Blogs from CNN.com

Old 08-24-2010, 06:14 PM

948 posts, read 1,386,791 times
Until now, the News Corp./Fox political action committee had given 54 percent of its donations to Democrats and 46 percent to Republicans, according to the Center for Responsive Politics -- including $8,000 to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's campaign committee and $5,000 to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Organization. News Corp. also gave $45,000 each to GOP and Democratic campaign committees on Capitol Hill.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:37 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
It couldn't be because she would be asking for every one to send $25 to her website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies