Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2010, 10:42 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
If you think America is as great and moral as it ever was, or has been on the right path then have you been hiding under a rock? We are in some dark days and have been for a while. We've been declining in some senses.

We live in a time where people spend more time engulfed in celebrity gossip. In a time where nothing is sacred. I could go on and on.

This event has honored our military and has lifted up Faith, Hope, and Charity. Something that we ALL can be a part of. This is about US. Everyone. We all can be better people. We all can seek and use faith, hope, and charity to be better people and make this country and world a better place.

This event has honored with dignity, Martin Luther King.

Its about the honor that can be in all of us. How we can be a good people to make America even greater.

There has been NOTHING in this event to live up to the media/lefties claims of hate, bigotry, and racism.

If you still are on here, spewing hate and just bashing to bash, then you havent watched the event. You havent actually listened and paid attention if you say you are watching.

We are all Americans. Lets all do our part to change the world. There is no reason some us cant be as good for our country and world as George Washington, Abe Lincoln, and Martin Luther King were. We cant keep looking to someone else to get things done. It has to come from us.
I haven't been here "spewing hate and just bashing to bash." That would be someone else you have me mixed up with. As for watching Beck's event, he just said:" We must get the poison of hatred out of us." I can't wait to see how his words will effect the frequent posters here on the right. Will they follow their leader's words....?

Preacher Beck is still speaking. I've got to get back to listening. Seriously, he missed his true calling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 10:43 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
125,747 watching this 1 ustream video NOT Facebook

Old 08-28-2010, 10:43 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Thank you for your honesty!
LOL! Well, I was actually joking. Since you were looking for something, I thought I'd oblige you to make you feel better.

The majority of the American people want God over politics.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:44 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
The only "legitimate" complaint I could accept from people on this event is that there has been a lot of talk/reference to God. There are many who dont believe in God. So if they have any issue with that, I can partly understand it.

Other than that, all the criticism before this event has been proven to be flat out wrong. Now after its done, will the media say anything about the event? Im sure some will still mock it, because, well, that's what they do. If it isnt Liberal, it will be mocked. The usual folks on here will still mock it because they cant admit they were wrong. They are in the same group as the likes of Matthews, Olbermann, and Sharpton.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:45 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I haven't been here "spewing hate and just bashing to bash." That would be someone else you have me mixed up with. As for watching Beck's event, he just said:" We must get the poison of hatred out of us." I can't wait to see how his words will effect the frequent posters here on the right. Will they follow their leader's words....?

Preacher Beck is still speaking. I've got to get back to listening.

Sorry I wasnt directing that point at you. It was just a general thing for a couple on here. I didnt meant that to seem like that portion was directed at you. My apologies.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:46 AM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,679 times
After all the objections over Beck's choice of date and location for this rally, with assertions that it dishonors MLK,

I'm shocked....shocked I tell ya....that the left is focused on bashing Beck's rally rather than honoring MLK.

hypocrites

Old 08-28-2010, 10:46 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
<snip>This even it not about left or right its about being the best person you can be.
And you needed an event hosted by a clown like Glenn Beck to preach that to you why?

Old 08-28-2010, 10:47 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Sorry I wasnt directing that point at you. It was just a general thing for a couple on here. I didnt meant that to seem like that portion was directed at you. My apologies.
Apology accepted. Thanks!

Old 08-28-2010, 10:48 AM

50 posts, read 177,541 times
I really hope that we will see an accounting of how much gets raised and how much actually goes to the troups.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:51 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikMartinsen View Post
<snip>Incidentally, l think there's more black Americans on Glenn Beck's stage than at Al Sharpton's Rally. Amusing.
What better way to mask his bigotry than to parade blacks around his venue?
I haven't seen many in the audience yet....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies