Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2010, 12:49 PM

323 posts, read 503,075 times

Advertisements

Granted, Beck is not everyone’s cup of tea even if they agree with his positions. However, as I read posts of the haters in this thread, all I can feel for them is sadness. They are angry and cynical and engage their keyboards without ever engaging their brains. Like small children, they run on emotion and dare others on the playground to disagree with them or risk being pushed out of the sandbox. Like it or not, Beck speaks to and for millions of Americans, and they won’t be pushed out any longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 12:49 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Then why are you bashing something you have proven to be clueless about. This event was not about Beck. It was a touching powerful thing to see. But go ahead, keep up the hate and negativity on something you admit you didnt partake in. You not watching for yourself basically makes your comments meaningless on this subject.

For the record, if you had watched, youd know for a fact that this was not some whites only event. That comment you made really makes you look silly to those who were there or who watched.
I would get nothing from watching idiots like Beck and Palin blather about "restoring America" because they have zero credibility. They're nothing but entertainers who use angry conservatives to make millions. You're being used!

I'm sure there was a black person or two at the event. But I seriously doubt if Beck has much of a following from people of color. Every tea party event I've seen on TV is overwhelmingly older white people.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:50 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikMartinsen View Post
Altogether the event left me feeling very benevolent, with a strong desire to enjoy my favorite patriotic song.

YouTube - Gods and Generals (Going Home - Mary Fahl) (Intro Theme) Soundtrack Song Music.
Feeling the same - benevolent. The rally was reminiscent of everything that is right about America. Great soundtrack clip!! Love Robert Duvall!

Old 08-28-2010, 12:50 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
Hey, I did GOOGLE your boy Beck and I've learned more about him... Thanks!

Interesting stuff. He's much worse than I thought he was.

Glenn Beck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-28-2010, 12:53 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post

Oh, that explains why he looks like a monkey on crack jumping around on his show

Old 08-28-2010, 12:55 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post

I've always said, many of the left get their news from sources like Wikipedia.. Thanks for providing me with entertainment.. haha.. Wikipedia for news.. haha.. ooh I guess turning on his show is too much work..

Old 08-28-2010, 12:58 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
According to reports I've seen on cable, the crowd was vast, stretching all along the reflecting pool clear to the Washington monument.

That would mean at least 400,000-500,000.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:02 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
Default Happy to entertain you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I've always said, many of the left get their news from sources like Wikipedia.. Thanks for providing me with entertainment.. haha.. Wikipedia for news.. haha.. ooh I guess turning on his show is too much work..
I expected that someone would point out Wikipedia as a bad source of information but in this case, it's good enough. Beck's life is public record.
If you differ from any of the facts posted on Wikipedia, please feel free to post opposing information.

oh, yeah,...btw...

If you'd read my previous posts you'd realize that I've heard his show.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:03 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I would get nothing from watching idiots like Beck and Palin blather about "restoring America" because they have zero credibility. They're nothing but entertainers who use angry conservatives to make millions. You're being used!

I'm sure there was a black person or two at the event. But I seriously doubt if Beck has much of a following from people of color. Every tea party event I've seen on TV is overwhelmingly older white people.
you dont like older white people do you?

Old 08-28-2010, 01:04 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Part of it is going to be political, it's a no-brainer. If I was there, I would have obliged the embarrassed by handing out blade scrapers to take care of their bumper stickers. Just, of course, wanting to be a blessing! LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
It's full of people. Nothing, not even god, could make it 100% apolitical. The "opposing" rally also has the same partisan problems.
But, but, but. . . . We were told from the get-go it wasn't going to be political. See below, post #1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
As most of you are aware, this Saturday there will be a meeting in Washington D.C. A rally that will begin with honoring the United States Military. A rally that is not political, though some seem to ignore that fact, but a bringing together of anyone who wants to attend no matter WHAT COLOR, WHAT FAITH you may be.

Let's get something out of the way here though:

Notice, its the same people on here that go on and on and on and on about Glenn Beck. He could hold an event on any day of the week, and it could be about "Faith, hope and charity" and anything else that is good, and they still bash him, call him a racist, etc. You people are obsessed with him. Im starting to wonder how many of you have some Glenn Beck dolls that you constantly torture hoping that the real Beck will feel the pain and agony.

This rally is not political. He's stated it many times. He said would it will be about. Yet here you all are, flapping at the gums with more hate and garbage. Tell me something, whens the last time one of your "heroes" like Olbermann and Madcow ever held an event to do anything to honor our troops, our country, and promote restoring honor or anything of the sort?! Never. You people dont rally together unless you have something to hate on. Unless you have an effigy to burn, curse words to scream about someone, etc. Do you even see how ridiculous you look CONSTANTLY complaining and bashing Beck, especially over this event? An event that promotes goodness and our country. You people are really unbelievable.

So here is a question, especially for the typical and usual Glenn Beck bashers, you know who you are and well.....we all know who you are because your obsession is pretty much known by everyone on here.

1. Why are you hating on this event, yet its not even happened yet? Its a peaceful event, and you heard what will take place there and about some of the content and speakers, yet you do nothing but spit out hate and conspiracy theories. Why not let it actually occur, and then if you hear of something being made political or something hateful then speak out about it?

2. Between some posters here, the media, MSNBC, etc its hard to tell who is more obsessed with Beck. Tell me, when is the last time you seen anyone on the Left, especially the big mouths, do anything like this? Do anything to promote America, helping restore honor, raising money for and honoring our troops? Rallying people together for something peaceful and not some angry protest that usually has something to do with putting down America?
Come to think of it, I dont think it happens. If so, it sure is rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies