Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2010, 07:44 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
How many people were/weren't there isn't really the issue ... what IS the issue is why the left is so determined to say "it ain't so" even when presented with facts saying how much the area holds & aerial photos of other events where attendance was documented to compare to the Beck rally.

I'm not a huge Beck fan, but I really fail to see what issue several posters are having with the rally. I watched the whole thing ... it wasn't negative, it wasn't degrogatory, it was overwhelming a positive thing. (Which is something I really can't say about the other rally.)

And what's so damned bad with a positive uplifting message?

My God, it's like some people on this board are the living breathing incarnation of Joe Bfstplk. (Get to googling, people.)
That's all they have. They can't articulate even WHY they hate, they just do, probably based on fear, which leads to the mindless lashing out at people who did a GOOD deed for the children of soldiers.

I mean, what kind of creature would take offense at a harmless rally, calling for unity and that also happened to raise MILLIONS of dollars for some needy kids.

It really is unbelievable the level of viciousness and crazed frothing from the Left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
This event was not advertised as a fund raiser for this charity, either in the OP or on the website. The website talked about the foundation, but didn't say what the money would be used for.
Yes, it was, considering the foundation was a co-sponsor. And even if it wasn't, does that somehow minimize the event in your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Maybe to have a clue about that which you post and fail? Are you going to face up to that earlier statment or continue to dodge? HOW DID THIS glenn Beck event about restoring honor and the funds raised for charity make him an evil man in your eyes (your words)?
They don't know why, they can't even give examples that fills them with hate. Probably cause the targets of their hate are on the wrong side ideology. We all know the Left is intolerant of ideas, thought, opinions that don't agree with theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
26 pages and counting with arguments against charity, honor, god and much of what the founders of this country hoped for including freedom of speech, freedom to peacefully assemble and protest. Maybe all these folks should re-read the "I Have a Dream" speech...

Isn't this the kind of stuff the Left claims they're all about? DIdin't they just stand up for some mosque in NYC, declaring their absolute rights, yet they become unhinged when conservatives want to peaceably assemble.

Truly amazing to watch the hypocrisy in action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 07:44 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,108,380 times
what is all this god stuff doing in politics anyway?

Old 08-29-2010, 07:46 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
It would take pages for me to explain it but to many Americans it was sort of like a retreat to examine our own selves and strive to continue our existence with honor and goodwill to everyone to keep our Country as great as our founders envisioned when it was founded
Well, SOMEBODY( post above yours) obviously didn't attend!!

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-30-2010 at 05:12 AM..

Old 08-29-2010, 07:54 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,025,674 times
Actually I try to buy American made products not so much of a chance of lead or other contaminates, and yes most people especially blacks are not offended by the n word,in fact they use it all the time. and I dont mind when they call me a cracker or whitey either. just the MSM brings it up to stir the pot for people like you. us regular working folk could care less but good to know you have something else to worry about. bored are we?

Old 08-29-2010, 07:59 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
That's all they have. They can't articulate even WHY they hate, they just do, probably based on fear, which leads to the mindless lashing out at people who did a GOOD deed for the children of soldiers.

I mean, what kind of creature would take offense at a harmless rally, calling for unity and that also happened to raise MILLIONS of dollars for some needy kids.

It really is unbelievable the level of viciousness and crazed frothing from the Left.

Yes, it was, considering the foundation was a co-sponsor. And even if it wasn't, does that somehow minimize the event in your mind.

They don't know why, they can't even give examples that fills them with hate. Probably cause the targets of their hate are on the wrong side ideology. We all know the Left is intolerant of ideas, thought, opinions that don't agree with theirs.

Isn't this the kind of stuff the Left claims they're all about? DIdin't they just stand up for some mosque in NYC, declaring their absolute rights, yet they become unhinged when conservatives want to peaceably assemble.

Truly amazing to watch the hypocrisy in action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
It would take pages for me to explain it but to many Americans it was sort of like a retreat to examine our own selves and strive to continue our existence with honor and goodwill to everyone to keep our Country as great as our founders envisioned when it was founded
There's some more of that goodwill.

Rally: Failed

Old 08-29-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Yeah, you wish it failed. Instead, hundreds of thousands showed up, thereby sending the Left into a tailspin.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Since you don't seem to understand the definition of honor your question is a farce.
The Left wouldn't know it if it smacked them upside the head. No reason to waste time or fingers in reply.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:21 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,191,121 times
Quote:
Yeah, you wish it failed. Instead, hundreds of thousands showed up, thereby sending the Left into a tailspin.
You might be right, I'm pretty sure Beck has WAY more than 87,000 racist followers.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:24 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,025,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

No it was a very good peaceful gathering.Who could ask for more. If that was fail in your eyes too bad. what did you want to call it a success violence? looting? or other lefty behaviour

Old 08-29-2010, 08:24 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,193,480 times
Quote:
The Left wouldn't know it if it smacked them upside the head. No reason to waste time or fingers in reply.
I no longer know who or what you mean when you say "Left". It's completely and utterly meaningless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies