Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 01:05 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Anyone in the US today that can't better themselves is just plain lazy or, stupid.
Yep...tell that to the 8 million people who lost their jobs during the economic downturn. In fact, according to your theory, the only way their can be recessions or depression is if people all of a sudden become lazy, stupid and irresponsible. No doubt you are a Rhodes Scholar with reasoning like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 01:07 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,911,642 times
And it's no-fat, no calorie cake. Eat all you want without weight gain!

183 posts, read 168,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I never said that it was OK. The last I checked...whites are much better off in the nation than blacks....hardly evidence of any oppression from blacks.
There are also many blacks much better off than whites, and you still didn't answer the question of what it is you think whites should d? You are avoiding that. So what do you think we should d to liberate your madness? Or will you avoid it again?

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Yep...tell that to the 8 million people who lost their jobs during the economic downturn. In fact, according to your theory, the only way their can be recessions or depression is if people all of a sudden become lazy, stupid and irresponsible. No doubt you are a Rhodes Scholar with reasoning like that.
Don't have to be. I was dirt poor and made all the money I will ever need by 40.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:08 PM

720 posts, read 691,383 times
Yet another race baiting thread. Does it ever stop?

Old 08-25-2010, 01:09 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
In fact I do think working for others is a dead end street.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:15 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What burdens would those be? I'm not burdened with anything. In fact, i'm the product of a father who didn't know his own father; A father who stopped the revolving door right in its tracks in order to provide my sister and I the two-parent household that every child deserves. Largely because of my parents act of personal responsibility, I am successful.

Now, what's the Black Community's excuse? You know, the Community who has a pervasive problem with multiple kids out of wedlock? When will you accept the fact that George Washington didn't make Tameka have 3 children with 3 different dads? And i'm supposed to bear this burden? I already do. Through tax dollars. That's all you get from me.

You know nothing of personal responsibility. If you did, you'd realize how ignorant your posts are.
AeroGuyDC !!! ... Three Thumbs Up It Is !!!

Thank you for a most logical and exceedingly accurate reply to one of our CDF folks who appears to be somewhat misinformed and acutely consumed
with the issue of "Race" !

Hopefuly someday soon these good folks will actually re-focus their seemingly boundless infatuation with the "Racist Theme" and work together with the rest of America's Citizens to contribute something positive, that will greatly benefit America ... instead of attempting to destroy the nation !

In all fairness to those folks whom are continually whining, moaning and beeeaching about how they passionately hate America ... please feel free to leave this nation as rapidly as you can and see how well you like those other countries ! Go Ahead and the best of luck to you and yours !

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 08-25-2010, 01:19 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Have your cake and eating it too.

This idiom applies to white America more and more these days. You want the benefits that come from history but not the liabilities that come with it as part of the package deal. This country did not become what it is without a lot of peoples being stepped on. It was a form of “see saw” economics where one group of people is put down so that another group of peoples can be lifted up.

A great nation was created from those actions and great opportunity, assets and wealth was created from those actions. However, as the rule of nature dictates, all actions create reactions. Those wrong doings created reactions and repercussion on the present that contemporary white society now does not want to be burdened with. They say that they played no role in creating those burdens should not, therefore, have to pay the burden. However, did they play a role in the freedoms they enjoy today? Did they fight in the revolutionary war or take part in the creation of the constitution which gives them so many freedoms? Should anyone who argues that they should not have the burden of liabilities, based upon not being involved in creating them, be also exempted from the benefits of assets and freedoms from the past as well, since they played not role in creating those either?

Everything “good” that the forefathers of whites have created and left them, whites embrace and accept, but they reject the notion or suggestion that they be burdened in any way from the “bad” that their forefathers left in the package deal. Yes, your forefathers and society created a constitution, freedoms, rights, assets, wealth and opportunity that were passed to you. Yet, they also enslaved or oppressed or discriminated and passed laws promoting different treatment of people based upon the color of their skin. They also propagated a doctrine of racial supremacy and purposely constructed an unequal society, based upon a racial hierarchy, the consequences of which created reverberations and inequality that has and will last long after the legal vestiges of this policy ended.

Now we exist in the here and now called the present. This present is the creation of “that” past. The past delivers a “package deal” to the present and creates REALITY from its ingrediants. One cannot reject the bad while accepting the good or not accept the good while rejecting the bad. Both are a package deal, inseparable, that is the inheritance of the past. Yet, whites see “double standards” because they will not accept the burdens their forefathers left in creating the present with all the benefits that they accept and enjoy. They want to “Have their cake and eat it too”. They want the fruits of the past to benefit them but they don’t want the burdens of the past to hinder them. To eliminate the burdens is to eliminate the benefits and to eliminate the benefits is to eliminate the burdens. One cannot parse reality. It is what it is. Yet, whites cannot accept and will not accept that their forefathers left you both assets and liabilities from the past. When one receives an inheritance, if they choose to accept it they are accepting the assets and liabilities associated with it.

There are not double standards…….just a double history.

So, what's the issue? Is there a question in your post somewhere ?

Old 08-25-2010, 01:20 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny napalm View Post
There are also many blacks much better off than whites, and you still didn't answer the question of what it is you think whites should d? You are avoiding that. So what do you think we should d to liberate your madness? Or will you avoid it again?
There were some blacks who had it better than whites during slavery. I am talking about what is true in the aggregate.

What you need to undertand is that I am not whinning or crying or having my hand out. I am standing TALL, head high, chest out, shoulders broad.... like a soldier....speaking the truth.....telling it like it is. You cannot add to or subtract from this truth as truth is not beholden upon you doing anything. It is what it is regardless of what you say, do or do not say or do not do. I am simply explaining the present by using the past because the past created this present. I am providing explanations to observations. I ask NOTHING of you and seek nothing from you. You decide what you need to do.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:26 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
Yet another race baiting thread. Does it ever stop?
justanothermanger !!! ... Three Thumbs Up it Is !

Indeed ... It does get quite pitiful does it not ?

Simple Solution : Don't Like America ... Go elsewhere and try some of those same destructive "Racist's Tactics" used in this country !

Perhaps then an appreciation of this wonderful homeland will become most apparent !

Go ahead try it out and see how it works ! Good Luck !

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies