Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 12:23 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,106,427 times

Advertisements

My oh my. What's a lib to do if more and more of the blacks wake up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 12:32 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,175,951 times
An outstanding article that validates the very facts that this girl spoke of. A must-read for those who aren't skittish of the facts. Perhaps Sharpton's followers should swallow this bitter pill. Unfortunately we all know they won't. Nevertheless, its out there for all to see.

Kay Hymowitz - An Enduring Crisis for the Black Family - washingtonpost.com

Old 09-01-2010, 12:33 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,540,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
The democrats run the inner cities. How many of them have you seen improve? Why are they some of the worse places to live.
Well it might be best to check with a former community
organizer who just happens to be an expert on Constitutional
law that is now doing on the job training as a president

OR

You could talk to the 'POWER of THREE' on racial issues
Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton & Jeremiah Wright

I wonder if they all went to the same Reverend collage

Old 09-01-2010, 12:36 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,407,934 times
Quote:
Its not about letting people know blacks disagree. Of course they disagree but lets also be real here when they do they are insulted. How many names do you think she was called by those walking away. When a black person doesnt agree with the democrat agenda they are called uncle toms and so forth
And when we do we're called brainwashed, kool=aid drinking idiots. Can't win for losing, I guess.

Quote:
Its also about bringing about the question about why do so many follow the democrat party when they really do nothing to help lift them up
I'm not naive enough to believe that either party represents what I believe 100%; some things I'm conservative about and others I'm liberal about. I'm a registered democrat because my beliefs are more in line with the democratic party. However I'd vote across party lines depending on the candidate and the issues.

A lot of black people I know registered as Democrats. A lot of white people I know registered as Republicans. Know how this happened; when we went to get our DL our parents told us what we were. None of us had a clue what either party represented and didn't really care...we just wanted to drive. For some people they go through their lives with that same mindset: I'll vote this way because I'm supposed to but I'm really don't have any idea what I'm voting for nor do I care.

Quote:
I felt she brought up a very valid point. The democrats run the inner cities. How many of them have you seen improve? Why are they some of the worse places to live.
Well the problem with inner cities is the people within them. They're their own worst enemy.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:57 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,321,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Why are they walking away? That's a damn good question.

It's because Loyalty to the Race simply will not allow there to be a frank discussion about the horrific statistics in the Black community. They all fleed back to the Sharpton camp when challenged on the issues. No surprise there.

I commend this girl. I'd take her out to lunch if I could.

I defy any liberal on this forum, especially Black forum members, to counter this girls assertion.

Any takers?
For one, many Black Americans support school vouchers. Parents should have a choice in determining which schools are doing the best job educating children and they should have the option of putting their kids in a better school. Many of the best schools serving the educational needs of young inner city Black American are either private schools like the Harlem Project or charter schools. Children in these schools tend to perform at or above national test averages. There should be more private and charter schools in American inner cities. It would raise the overall standard of education.

Roe v. Wade is about a woman's right to choose no more, no less. If ANY woman regardless of has a reason to terminate a pregnancy she should have the right to do so. The prohibition of abortion is an attempt for some members of society to impose moral beliefs based on religion on others. I have a fundamental disagreement with these people. The issue has NOTHING to do with race.

For a Black American to be a Conservative you got to hold your nose and compromise your sense of dignity. Many White Conservatives have no respect for your equals rights as an American or a Black Americans culture or history. She is free to pursue that path but she will find that out for herself as many other Black Americans have.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:06 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,484,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
For one, many Black Americans support school vouchers. Parents should have a choice in determining which schools are doing the best job educating children and they should have the option of putting their kids in a better school. Many of the best schools serving the educational needs of young inner city Black American are either private schools like the Harlem Project or charter schools. Children in these schools tend to perform at or above national test averages. There should be more private and charter schools in American inner cities. It would raise the overall standard of education.

Roe v. Wade is about a woman's right to choose no more, no less. If ANY woman regardless of has a reason to terminate a pregnancy she should have the right to do so. The prohibition of abortion is an attempt for some members of society to impose moral beliefs based on religion on others. I have a fundamental disagreement with these people. The issue has NOTHING to do with race.

For a Black American to be a Conservative you got to hold your nose and compromise your sense of dignity. Many White Conservatives have no respect for your equals rights as an American or a Black Americans culture or history. She is free to pursue that path but she will find that out for herself as many other Black Americans have.

Do you know what you even wrote? I don't think you do.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:44 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,175,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Do you know what you even wrote? I don't think you do.
As long as it keeps within the theory that white people are bent on keeping the black man down, and as long as the theory that black people who associate with conservatism are indeed traitors, then he's happy. Even if it makes no logical sense whatsoever. He's proven that many times over with his posts. They all have the same theme. Unfortunately for him, statistics aren't on his side.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-02-2010 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 09-01-2010, 02:54 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,321,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Blacks vote together over 90% of the time and 96% for Obama, sorry but that doesnt do much to help the were all sooo different response.
Well when the oppostition has so little to offer and many in the opposition well openly show you and tell you they have no respect for you, your history and your culture it no wonder that so many Black Americans would turn away from the Conservative Movement.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:56 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,844,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Why are they walking away? That's a damn good question.

It's because Loyalty to the Race simply will not allow there to be a frank discussion about the horrific statistics in the Black community. They all fleed back to the Sharpton camp when challenged on the issues. No surprise there.

I commend this girl. I'd take her out to lunch if I could.

I defy any liberal on this forum, especially Black forum members, to counter this girls assertion.

Any takers?

Not a liberal but i would son this chick

Old 09-01-2010, 02:57 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,407,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
Not a liberal but i would son this chick
son?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies