Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 11:58 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,321,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I totally agree with you. Education is a major key factor to success, and its not relegated to only one race. No one will deny that, nor will they deny that our education system is in shambles.

But it's much deeper than that. The homes that children are growing up in are broken. This is more prevalent in minority populations, and results in a revolving door of horrible statistics. You can't blame education when the very children that grow up in broken homes have very little in the way of a positive role model to break the cycle. Wedlock in the Black community is horrific. Black males must step up and take care of their responsibilities. It's not happening, and its taking a terrible toll on the children of these parents, which serves only to perpetuate the cycle.

I've said it once, i'll say it 100 times: Personal responsibility is key. Graduate high school. Stay out of jail. Learn a trade/go to college. Get married. Have Children. Repeat the cycle. It's not hard to do, and it starts with the individual. The White man is not keeping anyone from following these simple tenets to success in America.
There is nothing wrong with advocating for personal responsibility. The problem is you can't make a person be respponsibile. They have to want to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 12:35 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,407,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I don't doubt that there may be truth to it. But I wonder if it can all be blamed on Great Society policies. As conservatives are fond of saying, it takes a Congress to make laws too. Republicans had power in the Congress for 12 years. Why didn't they change this?
See this is what I have a problem with. The thing you hear the most from black Republicans is how the Democratic party has crippled them...but what changes were made to remedy this problem when Republicans had control?

That's why the man called her a hypocrite. He was saying you support the civil rights of an unborn child but then once it's born you're against any kind of entitlement program that the child might need. The obvious solution is not to get pregnant in the first place (person responsibility) but it's clear that's not going to happen anytime soon. You can't demand a woman have a baby and then when she seeks assistance for the baby, run around yelling "Why should my tax dollars be used to feed a child that you shouldn't have had in the first place."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Loud? Sounds like she took a page of the liberal playbook. Next time, she needs to have some tea party thugs to beat up some people.
She was loud and she was rude. I would wager if she was talking about something else some of the posters here who are praising her antics would have called her ghetto or accused her of being an angry black woman. You can be passionate about something without yelling and talking over people.

She lost me when she said "You just want black people dead so shut up" Really?

Old 09-03-2010, 09:40 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,123,441 times
Anyone else notice that the guy that was arguing with her accidentally spit on her, exactly like the TP protestor accidentally spit on the black congressman, yet I hear no accusations that this black woman was spat upon by a white man; hmmm........

Old 09-03-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
See this is what I have a problem with. The thing you hear the most from black Republicans is how the Democratic party has crippled them...but what changes were made to remedy this problem when Republicans had control?

That's why the man called her a hypocrite. He was saying you support the civil rights of an unborn child but then once it's born you're against any kind of entitlement program that the child might need. The obvious solution is not to get pregnant in the first place (person responsibility) but it's clear that's not going to happen anytime soon. You can't demand a woman have a baby and then when she seeks assistance for the baby, run around yelling "Why should my tax dollars be used to feed a child that you shouldn't have had in the first place."

She was loud and she was rude. I would wager if she was talking about something else some of the posters here who are praising her antics would have called her ghetto or accused her of being an angry black woman. You can be passionate about something without yelling and talking over people.

She lost me when she said "You just want black people dead so shut up" Really?
Regarding abortion: those of us who are pro-life believe abortion is a human rights issue. We believe abortion is murder. We believe it's murder if the child is adopted, or if it's in an orphanage. How is that an issue of hypocrisy?

Old 09-04-2010, 06:07 AM

37,962 posts, read 17,939,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Roe v. Wade is about a woman's right to choose no more, no less. If ANY woman regardless of has a reason to terminate a pregnancy she should have the right to do so. The prohibition of abortion is an attempt for some members of society to impose moral beliefs based on religion on others. I have a fundamental disagreement with these people. The issue has NOTHING to do with race.
Babies have the same right to life as anyone else. No one should take anothers life except in the act of self defense. I believe in the individuals rights. I do not have religion. You're premise is false.

Quote:
For a Black American to be a Conservative you got to hold your nose and compromise your sense of dignity.
racist comment

Quote:
Many White Conservatives have no respect for your equals rights as an American or a Black Americans culture or history.
racist comment

Quote:
She is free to pursue that path but she will find that out for herself as many other Black Americans have.
prove it

You're entire argument is based on taking rights away from individuals. The argument the informed lady in the vid was protesting. Babies don't have rights gotcha

Old 09-05-2010, 08:45 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,407,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Regarding abortion: those of us who are pro-life believe abortion is a human rights issue. We believe abortion is murder. We believe it's murder if the child is adopted, or if it's in an orphanage. How is that an issue of hypocrisy?
You believe it's murder if the child is adopted or it it's in an orphanage? I don't understand.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Babies have the same right to life as anyone else. No one should take anothers life except in the act of self defense. I believe in the individuals rights. I do not have religion. You're premise is false.

racist comment

racist comment

prove it

You're entire argument is based on taking rights away from individuals. The argument the informed lady in the vid was protesting. Babies don't have rights gotcha
Fetuses are NOT babies. They cannot survive outside of the womb until very late in a pregnancy. Late term abortions are the least likely abortions to occur. When they do occur there are usually medical reasons. If you don't like the law then get it changed. But a law used to impose your morality on another individual won’t work. Roe v. Wade has already established that.

How it is racist to say that many Conservatives don't have an interest in the civil rights of Black Americans? It's Conservatives that resisted the ending of slavery. It's Conservatives that enacted Jim Crow laws and segregation. It's Conservatives that resisted the Civil Rights movement. It's Conservatives that created the Southern Strategy to appeal the Southern Conservatives and their viewpoints on race to make the South a Republican stronghold in national elections for the past 42 years. It's extreme Conservative organizations like the Aryan Nation, The Conservative Council, The Klu Klux Klan and the American Nazi Party that are amongst the most racist in the country. As a group Conservatives are less likely to speak out for equal rights for all Americans of any group in the country.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,765,154 times
Quote:
Fetuses are NOT babies. They cannot survive outside of the womb until very late in a pregnancy. Late term abortions are the least likely abortions to occur. When they do occur there are usually medical reasons. If you don't like the law then get it changed. But a law used to impose your morality on another individual won’t work. Roe v. Wade has already established that.

How it is racist to say that many Conservatives don't have an interest in the civil rights of Black Americans? It's Conservatives that resisted the ending of slavery. It's Conservatives that enacted Jim Crow laws and segregation. It's Conservatives that resisted the Civil Rights movement. It's Conservatives that created the Southern Strategy to appeal the Southern Conservatives and their viewpoints on race to make the South a Republican stronghold in national elections for the past 42 years. It's extreme Conservative organizations like the Aryan Nation, The Conservative Council, The Klu Klux Klan and the American Nazi Party that are amongst the most racist in the country. As a group Conservatives are less likely to speak out for equal rights for all Americans of any group in the country.

This is where your trying to rewrite history.

Conservatives believe everyone should have equal rights. There should be no special favors for the color of your skin. Affirmative Action, is a Progressive program, that breeds resentment in society. Why should anyone get special favors based on the color of their skin? That is racist and it is intertwined in our federal laws and regulations.

What is now known as the Jim Crow Laws, were passed by Grant. Far from a Conservative, but he was a Republican. Kind like Hoover and FDR, don't let that R fool you. They were as Progressive as they come.

It was Woodrow Wilson, a Progressive that segregated the military and didn't allow blacks in government work.
President Woodrow Wilson introduced segregation in Federal offices, despite much protest. Wilson appointed Southern politicians who were segregationists, because of his firm belief that racial segregation was in the best interest of black and white Americans alike.

Republican stranglehold on the south? Then you go into a known Democratic Progressive, organization, and label it Conservative for your pleasure!
Everyone knows it is the Democrat that ran the Klan. Everyone knows it was the Conservatives that pushed for the civil rights acts, with more Republicans voting Yes than all Democratic votes. JFK refused to sign the civil rights act twice!(wonder why he got taken out?) Then all the sudden LBJ, the great black hope steps in and enslaves the black vote.

Bet you didn't know MLK was a Conservative Republican, as was his father and his Uncles, brothers and cousins.
JFK bailed him out of jail to buy MLK's vote and the black vote for JFK.

Even Jeffery Dalmer was either a Conservative or a Progressive... You pick

Old 09-05-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
This is where your trying to rewrite history.

Conservatives believe everyone should have equal rights. There should be no special favors for the color of your skin. Affirmative Action, is a Progressive program, that breeds resentment in society. Why should anyone get special favors based on the color of their skin? That is racist and it is intertwined in our federal laws and regulations.
Yet affirmative action has been part of this nation's history since it's inception. Many colleges and universities were only open to White Americans. Many jobs were open only to White Americans. Black Americans were often denied housing, public accomodations, access to business capital and banking services in many cases these services were only open to White Americans. The the movement to end all these practices was NOT started by Conservatives. In fact Conservatives especially in the South regardless of political party supported a system which essentially granted White Americans affirmative action.

If Conservatives believed that everbody should have equal rights they would support same-sex marriage, and equal rights for Gay, Lesbian and transgendered Americans but they don't.

Old 09-05-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
You believe it's murder if the child is adopted or it it's in an orphanage? I don't understand.
haha, no, sorry that I wasn't clear. That guy that was arguing with her called her a hypocrite because she's pro-life and hasn't adopted. My point was that's a specious argument, we believe it's murder, what happens to a child after birth doesn't change the fact that abortion is still murder. Sorry again for not being clear, hope I cleared it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies