Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 04:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
I think you have a problem with the concept of chronology. And you probably fail the most basic question of an IQ test, which is if some x's are y's, then all x's are y's.

Next time don't say the Tea Party started before 2009. Just say you think you can trace back its roots prior to Obama.

What's the point of using words if you modify their meanings as you go?

p.s.
In order for something to start, roots need to be formed Dont talk to me about failing the IQ test if you dont understand that roots need to be formed before something is started. And now by your own admission, roots were FORMED prior to Obama.. There goes your "racist" argument!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 04:41 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
It's the people trying to shut them up (democrats) that are on the fringe. And seem to be the ones full of hate and rage.
Yeah, we saw how "patrioitc" were republicans (and a whole lot of cowardly democrats) in the build up of the Iraq war. Anyone who raised his voice was shouted down immediatly. Even traditional allies were alienated for giving a different perspective.

Gotta love your American way.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Yeah, we saw how "patrioitc" were republicans (and a whole lot of cowardly democrats) in the build up of the Iraq war. Anyone who raised his voice was shouted down immediatly. Even traditional allies were alienated for giving a different perspective.

Ooh please.. Give me examples of people being shouted down. The left was so full of protests that they enjoyed being able to call for Bush to be hung, killed etc...

Btw, here is the ORIGINAL foundation for the tea party. SEE THE DATE!!
Boston Tea Party 12.16.2007
And the website for the original tea party gathering
http://www.teaparty07.com Again SEE THE 07 in the URL?

Internet is a terrible thing for Democrats, because it proves you guys wrong time and time again..

Old 09-02-2010, 04:48 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:

I agree. The people protesting the Iraq War should have never been shut up.

By the way, I'm an anarchist at heart. I have little to no use for democrats or republicans.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:51 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Here's a video made in 2007 about the Tea Party. It has clips from MSNBC, CNN and FOX......Funny the Tea Party folk were angry at republicans and Bush at the time. Watch how differently they are treated by each of the networks. Never noticed it before. Shows how biased all 3 are.

Tea Party 2007.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
I agree. The people protesting the Iraq War should have never been shut up.

By the way, I'm an anarchist at heart. I have little to no use for democrats or republicans.
How were they shut up?
</title></head><body onload='if (!window.parent.StateManager || window.parent.StateManager.frameSaving) return;window.parent.StateManager.restore(decodeUR IComponent(document.body.innerText));'>"+enc(b)+"</body></html>");c.close();a.frameSaving=false}=#

Old 09-02-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
In order for something to start, roots need to be formed Dont talk to me about failing the IQ test if you dont understand that roots need to be formed before something is started. And now by your own admission, roots were FORMED prior to Obama.. There goes your "racist" argument!!!
- The initial protests using tea bags was started by a no name (Graham Makohoniuk) on some forum and the movement picked up after media coverage. You didn't need roots for it to start.
- I didn't admit to anything. I said you can say you >think< you can trace back its origins, but doesn't mean it is the case.
- I never mentionned anything about race or planned to, much less made an argument about it.

I read your comments here and there. Your trolling is really bad. You really seem to have an issue with reading comprehension.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:57 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,988,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBeautyGoodness View Post
We've spent billions on fighting a country that we thought had WMDs. Well, there weren't any. Does that sound fiscally responsible?
Oh, you remember, don't you?

They were busy serving up Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld talking points:
"vast stockpiles of WMD"
"we know where they're at--in and around Tikrit"
"the occupation will last three months-- worst-case scenario, six months"
"Iraqi oil will pay for the invasion so it won't cost U.S. taxpayers a dime"
"democracy will spread like wildfire throughout the Mideast"

And not a single one of them will take ownership of their pathetic, gullible misjudgments. Not one.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
- The initial protests using tea bags was started by a no name (Graham Makohoniuk) on some forum and the movement picked up after media coverage. You didn't need roots for it to start.
You dont need roots for it to start, but you just listed some of its "roots"..
Quote:
- I didn't admit to anything. I said you can say you >think< you can trace back its origins, but doesn't mean it is the case.
I gave you links to 2007 where the tea party protests were being discussed. How do you explain that?
Quote:
- I never mentionned anything about race or planned to, much less made an argument about it.
So why do you think they started protesting against Obama? Its YOUR argument that it didnt exist before Obama. Others have clearly said race was the issue, why do you think?
Quote:
I read your comments here and there. Your trolling is really bad. You really seem to have an issue with reading comprehension.
And when you get proven wrong, you start to attack.. Explain to me the discussion of the "Tea Party" 12/15/07? Boston Tea Party 12.16.2007

Old 09-02-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ooh please.. Give me examples of people being shouted down. The left was so full of protests that they enjoyed being able to call for Bush to be hung, killed etc...

Btw, here is the ORIGINAL foundation for the tea party. SEE THE DATE!!
Boston Tea Party 12.16.2007
And the website for the original tea party gathering
http://www.teaparty07.com Again SEE THE 07 in the URL?

Internet is a terrible thing for Democrats, because it proves you guys wrong time and time again..
Are you serious? What you found is a coincidence. You found some obscure fundraiser for Ron Paul in which the organizer used a well known historical event. And you linked with another event, a protest with a guy who also happen to use that historical even, a guy who was a no name and had no history with what you,re referring too.

All the pieces of the jiggsaw puzzle in your head are forced together to give you the view you want to have.

You assume I don't want the Tea Party to start before Obama because I use the race argument or whatever. I don't have an argument. I honestly don't care much for Obama (why do you call me a democrat, lol?). I simply pointed out that you were wrong with dates.

And since then, you've been trying to create some alternate reality where the first official Tea Party protest took place in Jan 2009. It hasn't sorry.

Now move on and quit making things up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies